Sponsored

DEMCO Towbar Baseplates are coming for Flat-Towing the Maverick Hybrid!

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy s....t!
Just looked on etrailer - Demco baseplate is listed at
$782.00:eek:

And estimated shipping October....o_O
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy s....t!
Just looked on etrailer - Demco baseplate is listed at
$782.00:eek:

And estimated shipping October....o_O
They must want a piece of the ADM that Ford dealers were after. If that's their price, I'll buy direct from Demco at $665+shipping. I thought better of etrailer, but maybe they don't deserve it.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called DEMCO this morning and ordered my Baseplate (#9519360). It is still NOT on their website when I last looked, but you can call Kevin Rosenboom directly at DEMCO (800-543-3626) to order.

Price is $665 plus shipping, and Kevin reported they currently have 10 built and ready on the shelf, minus my order which will ship today and arrive approximately next Wednesday. They'll ship the 45 lb baseplate set either FedEx or UPS, and they will take a credit card.

I don't get a penny for promotion...I'm just excited about being able to get a baseplate that won't cause me warranty concerns or look ugly. I wish eTrailer had a better price, and I am surprised they didn't. I verified their $782 price with them. Kevin said they had not received an order from eTrailer yet, so their October delivery is an estimate.

Kevin stated that it took a long time for them to get someone in to be the guinea pig to develop the baseplate, but I'm glad they took the time to engineer it better than the other choices.

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the thorough discussion and information!

Kathy

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info. When I get closer to a delivery date for my Mav, I will start ordering my stuff...maybe the price will improve.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Baseplate arrived from DEMCO on 8/22. With cost, sales tax and FEDEX shipping from IA to WY, it totaled $782. Looks like one of the easier installs, once the fascia is removed.
I just checked and it looks like online ordering is set up at DEMCO. No more "coming soon" where you had to call in to order.

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just did a quick online search and Tweety's says any Demco tow bar w/free shipping for $489.00
Maybe someone will order one and see if this new one will be that price?

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just did a quick online search and Tweety's says any Demco tow bar w/free shipping for $489.00
Maybe someone will order one and see if this new one will be that price?
I'd jump on that! But I've got mine already.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd jump on that! But I've got mine already.
I just went to Tweety's and put one in my cart. Looks like there mat be a bunch of money to be saved...if they can deliver it. 9519360 is the DEMCO baseplate number.

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi BradnChristine,
Let us know how your install goes and how it tows with the Demco!
Regards,
KathyG

Sponsored
OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi BradnChristine,
Let us know how your install goes and how it tows with the Demco!
Regards,
KathyG
I'm moving slow. I have a friend in FL who just got his a couple days ago and I think I'm going to wait for pointers from his install. I watched the eTrailer video as to how to get the fascia off for a Roadmaster install. That should be the only painful part, taking the fascia off. One big bar, pushed out a bit in the center so as to keep the active shutters working, and then a small brace on each side.

Ford Maverick DEMCO Towbar Baseplates are coming for Flat-Towing the Maverick Hybrid! DEMCO Parts

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good! I understand why you are waiting - it always helps to get a few pointers from someone who has done it before :oops:. I am just finishing up the Stay in Play install. Got the diodes installed a couple of weeks ago. I use etrailer videos and the manufacturers instructions along with some YouTube videos as my reference.
FYI - MrBoom_5.0 on YouTube had a pretty good early video on fascia removal with lots of pointers and close up video shots. Here's the link:

Regards,
KathyG

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh - and Shay has really good quality video of the fascia removal here:

KG

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good! I understand why you are waiting - it always helps to get a few pointers from someone who has done it before :oops:. I am just finishing up the Stay in Play install. Got the diodes installed a couple of weeks ago. I use etrailer videos and the manufacturers instructions along with some YouTube videos as my reference.
FYI - MrBoom_5.0 on YouTube had a pretty good early video on fascia removal with lots of pointers and close up video shots. Here's the link:

Regards,
KathyG
Thanks! I'll check it out. The Acura MDX and the C-Max I set up were both real PITAs with the fascia R&R. The actual baseplate installs (I've done 8 or 9) have never been that hard. I may well do the wiring first. I usually add extra bulbs or extra fixtures, but I used diodes on the C-Max so will likely use that method on the Maverick to keep it clean back there with the BAP taillights.

I watched the eTrailer light install video and it looks like plenty of space for the diodes. The C-Max was tight.

I'm just too conservative and want to carefully plan it out. I like the idea of the painter's tape at the edges to prevent chips.

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes - lots of room for diodes and easy to run wiring under splash cover as etrailer shows. I put wires in plastic loom anyway for extra protection from abrasion. I was shocked at the open area under DS rear corner/lamp assembly. I am thinking of fabricating a light shield to keep gunk out of there. the PS is better d/t its deep cubby and its associated parts.:)
Sponsored