First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered Aug. 17, Lariat Lux Hybrid order confirmed on the 17. Received email Jan. 20 that I had a build date of March 11. Earlier today I received email that build date is being pushed back to April 11. :(
Ordered my hybrid aug 5 had a build date feb 14 just changed to march 7

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you ever think that adding something as small as a smoker's kit might cause your order to be delayed? I see it in your build specs - not judging at all! What I'm saying is what I say to anyone else...if I'm the scheduler and I know we can build 8 trucks this week and there are 10 orders - if 2 of those orders have floor mats and everything else in the builds are the same, guess which ones aren't being built?

Anything you can add on your own, after purchase, should be removed from your order if you want to get scheduled sooner - simple as that! I'm only suggesting it now because I've suggested it many times before and seen the feedback that it works.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
some of us have even older orders with no schduling yet. think how bad it is for us to have waited over year before delivery if ever!

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the logical and smart decision would be to walk away from this nonsense.
That's the impatient thing to do. Only you lose in that scenario. Everyone else wins and is happy. Ford. The dealer. And even the buyer who gets raped for additional markup who gets your truck will be happy too. No one will be taught a lesson.

Really, thankfully there is an order process. Even if it is delayed. Can you imagine if they didn't allow retail orders and they all just went to dealers as stock? Like the Santa Cruz? Demand would be the same. Ford would sell exactly the same number...all they can build. And we would all have to fight each other and pay sky high mark ups.

Yes the special order process is painful for a popular new model during part scarcity and shipment disruptions. It's awful and annoying. But this is a better process than full retail dealer stock only. Those really are your two choices. Even if you decide to go with something other than a Ford Maverick, you are probably going to be dealing with dealer retail and current market conditions.

Sorry for your pain. It truly is aggravating. I appreciate that. But you still are on track for the best option. At least you're scheduled.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry the OP is having a hard time with this one. Material things are just not worth getting this amped up about.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks (my truck has been rescheduled twice) but if this is making you that angry... Walk away, its the best thing you can do.

Joe Mav

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 F 150 XL
Ordered Aug. 17, Lariat Lux Hybrid order confirmed on the 17. Received email Jan. 20 that I had a build date of March 11. Earlier today I received email that build date is being pushed back to April 11. :(
I received the same news today. Ordered Aug 15th. Jan 20th e-mail received for March 11th build date . New build date April 11th. Misery loves company.
Southwest Washington 🤨

trenado88

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
I just got pushed out 5 weeks.
I've been driving a borrowed car because I made the big (my) mistake of selling my car for good profit when I ordered. At least my stepdad's ford ranger 2001 with manual transmission is still going. but the heater doesn't work =O

• Ordered 7/06
  • Originally scheduled in December for 21FEB week
  • Today rescheduled for 28MAR week

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think it through. You walk away, and neither Ford nor the dealer gives a damn. The dealer may very well be happy because they'll be able to make more money on the truck. Ford sells the truck regardless.

You, on the other hand, will be buying a used truck with tens of thousands of miles and years of use on it. And you will be paying a premium that is likely to evaporate in the next year.

You'll be shafting yourself twice. Without lube.

Sponsored

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The delay emails seem pretty widespread. I got one too. Rescheduled build date from 3/7 to 4/4. I expected my production date to be delayed at least once. It still stings. Ah well. I'll and keep my fingers crossed my '02 Civic keeps on chugging.

The scheduled for production date has changed.​
Ford Maverick Delay email just went out Maryland d72173804f75c3ea1fb715d49b006834
Ford Maverick Delay email just went out Maryland 336d34c88dd09fdcb00a23f9a9cd01b0
Ford Maverick Delay email just went out Maryland ee80cec1aa68b37f2a20fa77d5bef1d5
THE PRODUCTION DATE FOR YOUR VEHICLE HAS CHANGED.
Dear Patiently Waiting,

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2022 Maverick LARIAT.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of April 4, 2022. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.​

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I can empathize with the summer order holders and their frustration, but these "Ford sucks" tantrum threads pop up a dozen times a week and just reek of delusional entitlement.

Just be glad we can even order one in the first place. Name one other sub-$30K car that even takes retail orders. I know people who expect to wait a year for their Tesla and others that expect to wait even longer for a Porsche.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I certainly can understand the frustration of having your build date pushed back. Nope, sorry I'm kidding, I can't understand that because my order hasn't been scheduled yet! Yeah, so a bunch of June and July folks don't understand that misery of having a build pushed back. In fact on this very thread there's 2 Aug hybrid builds that got their build dates pushed back! Oh the nerve of Ford to do that to them! Wait, how did they scheduled before a June order? They way it stands now I fighting with June folks about who's going to get the last hybrid for MY22! Or maybe first build for MY23! Be thankful that you have a build and at least know that your Maverick is coming. Supplies are short everywhere and that includes shortfalls of the people that produce them, ship them and deliver them. Hell I can't even jalapeño cheese dip! Times are tough 😪!
Sponsored