First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I contacted My local dealership in Mount Airy, MD about trainer Mavericks and this is the text I got from their sales rep.

" Yes, we will have one here from about 11Am to 3PM on Monday September 27th. Will you be available then?"

Almost seems like some of the customer vehicles could be shipping by then. Anyone know of any other trainers that are going to be in MD/VA/PA?
Sponsored

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is cool! I'll definitely stop by that Monday.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ugh so close yet so far.

OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ugh so close yet so far.
You should call some dealers more local to you, I would not be surprised if this truck coming to my local dealership is going to be traveling all over the DMV.

PandaSlash

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima
I stopped by Bob Davidson Ford and Koons Ford of Baltimore to ask about trainer Mavericks yesterday. They said that they weren't expecting any in the next month or 2. I also talked to a sales manager at BD and a salesperson at Koons so it could be inaccurate information

Sponsored

spacemancraig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I stopped by Bob Davidson Ford and Koons Ford of Baltimore to ask about trainer Mavericks yesterday. They said that they weren't expecting any in the next month or 2. I also talked to a sales manager at BD and a salesperson at Koons so it could be inaccurate information
Koons Baltimore salespeople are particularly clueless in my experience.

PandaSlash

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima
Koons Baltimore salespeople are particularly clueless in my experience.
lol - the guy I talked to was friendly - but yes, pretty clueless although he was good at talking around my questions.

The Bob Davidson people were especially clueless and as someone going into a dealership to actually be "sold" on a vehicle they utterly failed in basic sales acumen. I literally had to ask the sales manager for a salesperson to talk to......like what????

OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just talked to the Mount Airy MD ford dealership and they confirmed a trainer should be at their location this Monday (sept 27th) around 1PM.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just talked to the Mount Airy MD ford dealership and they confirmed a trainer should be at their location this Monday (sept 27th) around 1PM.
I plan on being there - thanks!

OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They had a white XLT AWD 2.0 there today. Was great to see the Maverick in person. Its hard to describe, but it just looks better when you are actually seeing it for real vs pictures.

Some points from sitting/viewing the truck;

Pros

• Engine is incredibly quiet while idling.
  • Great stance/semi aggressive almost with a slight forward tilt.
  • nice view out the front, the hood does not block view.
  • Comfortable seats for broader guys.
  • Good rear seat room, about the same as my 2014 Rav4.
  • Don't have to climb up into the truck, more of a slide/sideways entry.
  • Trainer said he was getting 28mpg on highway/rural/country roads.

Cons

• VERY thin plastics, the plastics on the bed are going to get cracked as soon as anything heavier than a 2x4 gets dropped on them.
  • painted metal surfaces on the doors were visible from the inside of the truck. its going to clash pretty badly with the interior with some of the colors and It just looks unfinished.
  • I don't care about soft touch stuff, and this is probably preproduction issues, but the body panel gaps were huge and plastic components in the truck were rough cut.

Keeping in mind this is a preproduction vehicle, the overall build of the interior was definitely inferior to my 2014 Rav4. I don't care about hard plastics, but some of the plastics in and on the Maverick are very thin for their application.

Last edited:

PandaSlash

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima
Apple Ford in Columbia just got a Lariat delivered on 10/8. I saw it today.

I want to love this car, but I think I was a little underwhelmed mainly due to the fact that it felt a little too small for my families needs (family of 4). We hopped in an F150 and realized that truck was much more suitable…of course.

However, the maverick seems perfect for the grandpas or grandmas that want a truck, for that couple that doesn’t have children yet, or as a secondary car for a family (ie: a family that has a family car and wants to upgrade a sedan to a truck).
Sponsored