First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took in my hybrid Mav to have the dealer update the software to correct the harsh transition between the regen and hydraulic braking systems at low speed. They called me and said they were unable to install the update because the truck computer was not indicating a fault, or something similar. Phone connection was bad and I only caught pieces of the explanation. They are holding my truck for a few days awaiting a response from the Ford engineering team. Any insight on this?
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any advice for what I can tell them other than, "Wow, you're incredibly inept."?
Say "Installing an update/replacing existing software is not dependent on their being a problem with the current software...."

How do they think any other software update is rolled out for any other software-based application? The apps on my phone update multiple times per day, often totaling more than a dozen updates in a 24 hour period. Should my phone not be able to install a new software version unless the current software is broken?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Already knew that. Any advice for what I can tell them other than, "Wow, you're incredibly inept."?
How about: "Please read TSB 22-2493"?

And point at the section where it reads:

At least one of the following conditions:
  • Illuminated MIL with DTC P0402 stored in the PCM
  • Brakes grab during light braking at or below 6.2 mph (10 km/h)
Then indicate "customer [that's me] states brakes grab during light braking at or below 6.2 mph".

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...rick-grabby-brakes-at-or-below-6-2-mph.24977/

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eminently possible they're misinterpreting that the DTC (EGR flow excessive) needs to be present as well when it's a separate issue also addressed by the reprogramming.

OP
OP
Ferroplasm

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's the update I received from my service advisor. This was a phone discussion so it will not be verbatim.

He stated that the issue they're encountering is that the vehicle computer indicates that the software is up to date. Apparently they're unable to push the software update for this reason. Does that make sense? They're still waiting to hear from the Ford engineering team.

Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if they were successful in updating the software in other Hybrid Mavs? ..or just yours? Sounds like they don't have the correct version of the update.

OP
OP
Ferroplasm

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update. I took my truck to a second dealer to have them attempt the software update to correct the braking problem. They were also unable to install the update. Has anyone successfully had this done?
Sponsored