First Name
Gabor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good morning! I would like to take a look at your Maverick's brakes on my end. To get started, could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
It seems that Ford really needs to do a software update. This is an issue switching between regen and friction braking, IIRC. Nothing from Ford on this issue to my knowledge. I'm worried that someone will have a severe accident. Are we getting any fix?

From the beginning my Maverick Lariat Hybrid 2022 brake system seems to be intermittently grabby and abrupt at slow speeds of 0-3 mph. As there are many posts on the Maverick Club the issue is systemic!

The electronic brake system snap engages creating the sensation of the brakes grabbing. It is not severe enough to lock the wheels but creates a noticeable jerk in your motion. You can feel it in the pedal and hear it at the firewall where the system's electronic brake motor is mounted (means it's not happening at the calipers and discs).

Many of us have experienced this issue. At very low speed, (<5mph) the brakes will grab very hard when you try to gently come to a stop. A thud is heard many times, which sounds like the regenerative braking locking up. Nothing from Ford on this issue to my knowledge. I'm worried that someone will rear end me due to my abrupt stopping at times!
Sponsored

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 22 Lariat Hybrid. It had the severe random brake grab at very low speed along with the issue of sometimes not wanting to "inch" forward after a stop. I had the reprogramming recall done last fall. I had to go to 2 dealers before I found a dealer that would do the programming. !st dealer said they could not replicate the issue and did not do the update. The reprogramming made a large difference, but did not completely resolve the issue as the brakes do grab on rare occasions. We now also own a 23 Escape Hybrid. Those brakes are flawless and smooth at low speeds. Wish the Maverick brakes worked that smoothly.

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Op

There is a software update for the Maverick to address this issue, it was released something close to a year ago. Mine had the exact same problem and as soon as the update was available I took it in to have it done. Problem is gone.

This is documented all over this forum.

Ford really needs to do a software update. This is an issue between switching between regen and friction braking, IIRC.
They did a software update a long time ago.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I posted on another thread, if the Maverick and Escape hybrids share the same system why does the Maverick have this problem and the Escape doesn't? What's the difference or does the Escape also have braking issues?
Louisville vs. Hermosillo?

oneinch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stanton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I experienced sudden hard braking when going very slow or when slowly coming to a stop. I've found that shifting to LOW prior to stopping makes for a smooth slow stop. Something to do with the regen and electric motor I suppose. The truck has a quirk or two with this being one.
Sponsored