Sponsored

Dealer asking me to sign "Factory Order or Locate New Vehicle Buyer's Worksheet"

wrbrb

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had ordered a 23 that is supposedly previewing, but my dealer entered an order for a 24 for me yesterday. He is now asking me to sign, in addition to an updated copy of the very basic Build Sheet I signed last year, a "Factory Order or Locate New Vehicle Buyer's Worksheet". He said Ford is requesting I sign that to certify the order in my name.

The document, right above the signature line, references a Page 2 that is not included. It also states "I/We have driven and inspected the vehicle and am/are completely satisfied with the existing condition as-is of the vehicle at delivery."

Is it wise to be signing something that suggests I have driven and inspected a vehicle that doesn't even exist yet?

Is everyone signing these to get scheduled?
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No.

Express those same concerns to your dealer and see what their reasoning is.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had ordered a 23 that is supposedly previewing, but my dealer entered an order for a 24 for me yesterday. He is now asking me to sign, in addition to an updated copy of the very basic Build Sheet I signed last year, a "Factory Order or Locate New Vehicle Buyer's Worksheet". He said Ford is requesting I sign that to certify the order in my name.

The document, right above the signature line, references a Page 2 that is not included. It also states "I/We have driven and inspected the vehicle and am/are completely satisfied with the existing condition as-is of the vehicle at delivery."

Is it wise to be signing something that suggests I have driven and inspected a vehicle that doesn't even exist yet?

I would pass! Something, in my opinion, is rotten in Denmark!

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Dealer asking me to sign "Factory Order or Locate New Vehicle Buyer's Worksheet" 1689778428711

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Since it's impossible to correctly identify the vehicle until a VIN is attached, the document will be meaningless. If the dealer insists, just make sure you get a copy with no VIN, the page 2 remark and the inspection lines lined out. Make the GM (not the sales person) sign it as well, maybe even hand writing there was no vehicle to test drive or inspect.
Sponsored