Sponsored

Dealer says first edition is too limited and dealer asked me to sign a buy order to maybe get one.

Mattmuzic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a fully loaded hybrid in Area 51 on October 8th. The dealer just told me because it’s a first edition I might not get it and had to sign a buy order to to show Ford It’s a real order. Even though I have a $1000 order. Does any of this sound true?
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YeS

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a fully loaded hybrid in Area 51 on October 8th. The dealer just told me because it’s a first edition I might not get it and had to sign a buy order to to show Ford It’s a real order. Even though I have a $1000 order. Does any of this sound true?
If I'm reading this correctly, you did not give a copy of drivers license or sign anything before this? If not, than that is correct. Ford wants to know that a real person and not the dealer ordering.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you not sign anything when you first ordered the vehicle?

Sponsored

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Signing a buyer's order (and a copy of driver's license) is standard practice for Ford's Retail Order Verification Program (ROVP).
Thanks Darnon, I couldn't remember the name or initials..(ROVP). LOL

OP
OP

Mattmuzic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just created a Ford.com account and saw nothing in my reservations even though I got an email from Ford on October 8th. I didn’t sign anything but the dealer took my license and a $1000 deposit on October 8th. They only asked me to sign a buy order today.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just created a Ford.com account and saw nothing in my reservations even though I got an email from Ford on October 8th. I didn’t sign anything but the dealer took my license and a $1000 deposit on October 8th. They only asked me to sign a buy order today.
If you do, make the final price is clearly stated and have the sales manager sign it too. There's tales of "market price increases" magically popping up at the time of delivery.

OP
OP

Mattmuzic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you do, make the final price is clearly stated and have the sales manager sign it too. There's tales of "market price increases" magically popping up at the time of delivery.
Lol funny you say this because the order they wanted me to sign had the price blank at first. Evertually they sent me one with at least the msrp on there.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol funny you say this because the order they wanted me to sign had the price blank at first. Evertually they sent me one with at least the msrp on there.
A lot depends on what exactly you mean by "buy order."
--If it's what is often called on here a "DORA" and it's signed only by you, then it probably doesn't guarantee that you will get the price you expect, although you might.
--If it's what's called a "Vehicle Buyer's Order" and is signed by both parties, then you probably will get your price.

Either one can be used (with a copy of your license) to get your order into the Retail Order Verification Program (ROVP).

You can search this forum for Vehicle Buyer's Order or DORA for more information.

Sponsored

Randy Briggs

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
No Such thing as a hybrid 1st edition

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No Such thing as a hybrid 1st edition
Incorrect. With the exception of Canada (where the Lariat can't be a hybrid) you can get the First Edition package for both AWD and hybrid powertrains.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will not show on your account until you have a VIN to add to your account.
Sponsored