Sponsored

Damaged dashboard and trim after airbag- Dealer won't respond now.

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the airbag recall completed a some months ago and the dealer scratched up the dash, door panel, a number of trim panels and left grease on the a pillars and headliner. They attempted to repair the dash, which came out rather poor and agreed to replace the dash and the other trim panels that were scratched up, the driver's door panel that was damaged, replace or correct an issue with one a- pillar fitment and clean the vehicle. I spoke to the service manager after the repair attempt and he agreed that a replacement of the dash was the next step. The other trim panels were supposedly ordered and an order for the dashboard was supposedly placed. I had the dealer put the panel and dash issues and the correction thereof in writing to avoid this kind of issue, but here I am anyways.

Since then- going on over 2 months now- I cannot get the dealer to return my calls or respond to messages. Due to my work schedule I can't stop in at the dealer easily. I realize that may have to be my next step, but at this point I'm extremely frustrated. Has anyone had a similar issue and if so, what would you suggest? I really don't want to have to get a lawyer involved, but I'm not going to live with a bunch of damage. @Ford Motor Company do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you have it in writing, it would be hard for them to get out of it. Maybe the parts are on back order but they should return your call. Maybe ask a lawyer how much it would cost to write a letter to them?

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am surprised they offered to replace the dashboard. That is a huge, expensive piece that takes a whole lot of labor to remove and replace.

A lot of people have had their dash chewed up, because frankly, it's a terrible material and it scratches very easily. But I have not heard of anyone else getting their dashboard replaced. I have seen a lot of people with dirty and sagging headliners, and I think most of those eventually get fixed. (Probably cleaned and headliner re-installed correctly. But anyway...)

If you don't have it in writing I doubt you'll get a new dash. Did the dealership replace and otherwise correct the other issues?

OP
OP

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't have it in writing I doubt you'll get a new dash. Did the dealership replace and otherwise correct the other issues?
I do have it in writing, and no they have not done anything agreed upon thus far.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I do have it in writing, and no they have not done anything agreed upon thus far.
Besides contacting Ford, I'd go in person and speak to the GM. If they still don't take action, I would raise a concern with the state AG and Better Business Bureau.

I had a vehicle get damaged while a dealership was doing unrelated work. Judging by the dent, I would think that a tech leaned on the hood, and I told them such. They agreed and tried PDR, but it didn't work. The dealership then replaced the hood which was probably even more than the cost your dealership has committed to with this dashboard replacement since the new hood had to be painted.

Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@GreenLady had a bunch of trim pieces replaced after her airbag recall. Can't remember if her dash was replaced. Greenlady, can you chime in about your experience?

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the airbag recall completed a some months ago and the dealer scratched up the dash, door panel, a number of trim panels and left grease on the a pillars and headliner. They attempted to repair the dash, which came out rather poor and agreed to replace the dash and the other trim panels that were scratched up, the driver's door panel that was damaged, replace or correct an issue with one a- pillar fitment and clean the vehicle. I spoke to the service manager after the repair attempt and he agreed that a replacement of the dash was the next step. The other trim panels were supposedly ordered and an order for the dashboard was supposedly placed. I had the dealer put the panel and dash issues and the correction thereof in writing to avoid this kind of issue, but here I am anyways.

Since then- going on over 2 months now- I cannot get the dealer to return my calls or respond to messages. Due to my work schedule I can't stop in at the dealer easily. I realize that may have to be my next step, but at this point I'm extremely frustrated. Has anyone had a similar issue and if so, what would you suggest? I really don't want to have to get a lawyer involved, but I'm not going to live with a bunch of damage. @Ford Motor Company do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Yes I had the same issues on my ‘22 FE Lariat Lux. After I responded to the survey about my experience the Service Manager contacted me about meeting. I took my truck over and we both went over with a fine tooth comb. They replaced headliner, dash, glove box, pillars and driver door panel. Also, there is a TSB to replace the headliner if it wasn’t placed back properly (mine wasn’t). I had an excellent experience thanks to the Service Manager!

If your dealer doesn’t respond soon I would contact @Ford Motor Company on this forum. Good luck!

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@GreenLady had a bunch of trim pieces replaced after her airbag recall. Can't remember if her dash was replaced. Greenlady, can you chime in about your experience?
LOL! I was writing about my experience when you posted this one! Good memory!

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks.

Im sorry you had to go tru this bad experience as shame on those techs that doesnt take care of customers vehicles. Even though the interiors on this trucks sucks and gets scratch easily because of the cheap material they used. From my experience when i did my own air bag recall.

I think maybe they are waiting on parts because the dash its probably on back order. Maybe thats why they are taking for ever to respond contact their manager or service director if not their GM if they ignore you if not you should have bumper to bumper warranty they should cover under warranty. As long your under 3 years and 25k i think .

OP
OP

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I had the same issues on my ‘22 FE Lariat Lux. After I responded to the survey about my experience the Service Manager contacted me about meeting. I took my truck over and we both went over with a fine tooth comb. They replaced headliner, dash, glove box, pillars and driver door panel. Also, there is a TSB to replace the headliner if it wasn’t placed back properly (mine wasn’t). I had an excellent experience thanks to the Service Manager!

If your dealer doesn’t respond soon I would contact @Ford Motor Company on this forum. Good luck!
Thanks a bunch for the reply. I know that it isn't the same dealer, but at least the repairs were made by others.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Thanks.
Hi there. These Maverick concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there. These Maverick concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

PM'd. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

BLang819

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same issue with my dealership; scratched dash, dirty fingerprints all the way around, scuff marks and trim pieces left improperly attached or not at all. I did return to the dealership so they could fix the mess they left me but now the fingerprints are reappearing, the liner still isn’t installed correctly and some of the trim pieces are rattling loose again. I was informed during my wait that Ford is unsure this recall will fix the problem.

Ford Maverick Damaged dashboard and trim after airbag- Dealer won't respond now. 20230601_135123

Ford Maverick Damaged dashboard and trim after airbag- Dealer won't respond now. 20230601_135220

Ford Maverick Damaged dashboard and trim after airbag- Dealer won't respond now. 20230602_142809

Ford Maverick Damaged dashboard and trim after airbag- Dealer won't respond now. 20230601_135359

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stories like this are why I continue to defer on the airbag recall! My Glove box is scratched up but I only have my Wife to blame for that!

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just had mine done Friday. Not as bad as some others but drivers side A pillar was not installed back correctly, have some greasy fingers prints on head panel and side panels. Also noticed a few small scratches.. I was able to remove the finger prints with warm water and a cloth.
Sponsored