2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am new to preordering vehicles and will be a first time truck owner if I go with the Maverick. Does anyone have a simple breakdown of the preorder process and customer liability at each phase? My marriage is more important than a car and I need to make sure I get any money back if I don’t go with the Maverick!
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Once you sign for it, it’s yours. Before that it’s up to you and the dealer, I have no deposit, am out of state and my only income is Social Security these days. So good luck collecting on a lawsuit.

at the same time, my name and reputation mean a lot to me, so I am not going to do something that damages them. It’s one reason I use my real name posting, keeps me honest and accountable.

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that your deposit is refundable. That is completely up to individual dealers. MOST absolutely will but you will need to clarify first. I would suggest going to Ford.com and deciding what you first. Stop into dealer and place order. Very simple process.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Once you sign for it, it’s yours. Before that it’s up to you and the dealer, I have no deposit, am out of state and my only income is Social Security these days. So good luck collecting on a lawsuit.

at the same time, my name and reputation mean a lot to me, so I am not going to do something that damages them. It’s one reason I use my real name posting, keeps me honest and accountable.
To be clear, it depends upon what you're signing. Lots of dealers will ask you to sign BS "agreement to buy" forms that are about as legally binding as a gum wrapper, they're just there to make someone feel like they're on the hook. Once you start signing title/financing stuff, then obviously, it's a done deal for the most part but since no one has done that yet? No one has hit that point yet with a Maverick.
The only thing you could feasibly be on the hook for is the deposit if it's non-refundable but, personally, I refused to consider working with any dealerships that wouldn't refund deposit. The one I ultimately chose to work with required $0. So that's easily avoidable too, if you put some thought into choosing your dealer first.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
To be clear, it depends upon what you're signing. Lots of dealers will ask you to sign BS "agreement to buy" forms that are about as legally binding as a gum wrapper, they're just there to make someone feel like they're on the hook. Once you start signing title/financing stuff, then obviously, it's a done deal for the most part but since no one has done that yet? No one has hit that point yet with a Maverick.
The only thing you could feasibly be on the hook for is the deposit if it's non-refundable but, personally, I refused to consider working with any dealerships that wouldn't refund deposit. The one I ultimately chose to work with required $0. So that's easily avoidable too, if you put some thought into choosing your dealer first.
To clarify when I said sign for it I meant sign for the delivery of it and get the keys in your hands.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
To clarify when I said sign for it I meant sign for the delivery of it and get the keys in your hands.
Oh, I assumed so; just thought others might read it differently. (y)

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
the same time, my name and reputation mean a lot to me, so I am not going to do something that damages them. It’s one reason I use my real name posting, keeps me honest and accountable.
I agree with you 100%, which is why I use my real name and I even list my employment in my bio lol.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid