Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone!

As mentioned here, through our Rostra Accessories division, we we will be offering an add-on cruise control system for the '22 Maverick shortly after it is available. I've ordered the XL model in Cactus Gray for myself, so have no fear - if you decide to order the XL/100A equipment package, you'll be able to add cruise control, seat heaters, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot detection, interior and exterior LED lighting and more. If you're interested, check out the video below. It's from a Subaru but will give you some idea of what an installation typically entails. Likewise, please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn to get notices of these new products right away:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Rostra
Instagram: https://instagram.com/rostraaccessories/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rostratweets
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/rostra?sub_confirmation=1
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/rostraaccessories

Cruise Control Installation Example

Thanks in advance for your interest!

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532
Spread the news to all the XL buyers!!!
Sponsored

HikerNW

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Engine
Undecided
Many years ago I added CC to my '99 Jeep Cherokee. The entire process was adding the OEM switches in the steering wheel, replacing the clock spring and the wiring loom. The hardest part was removing the steering wheel to replace the clock spring. After that, everything worked as if the CC was installed from the factory. If given the choice, I would do it again the have the convenience of the CC.

In this day and age, it would seem CC would be a standard option, but I can see where Ford decided to save $$$ to keep the cost down. Even when I saw there wasn't CC on the XL, I figured it wouldn't take long for an aftermarket solution. It's good to see someone has already done this!

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As mentioned here, through our Rostra Accessories division, we we will be offering an add-on cruise control system for the '22 Maverick shortly after it is available.
That's great news, Bill! Will it be adaptive cruise control, that reacts to the speed of a slower car or truck in front of me?

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's great news, Bill! Will it be adaptive cruise control, that reacts to the speed of a slower car or truck in front of me?
That would require some sensors up front, 360 package (which actually includes CC) and possibly some Russian hackers... ;)

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We don't dabble with the sensors or the interconnectivity for applying brakes automatically that would allow for add-on adaptive cruise control systems. That's a big can of worms.

These devices will be offered in three varieties:
  1. Standard cruise control
  2. Standard cruise control with voluntary speed-limiting (also includes built-in memory so you can set commonly-used speeds at the press of a button)
  3. Speed-limiters with an unmodifiable maximum speed (mostly for use by our fleet customers).
Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

Sponsored

bwiese

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 1500 quad cab V6; 2022 MavXL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bill,
What's involved in installing Rostra cruise in a platform somewhat similar to Maverick? (Bronco, Escape?)

Does it just involve a 'little box' connecting thru the diagnostic port?
How hard is it to add the control stalk to the steering column - or just uses adhesive?

Or does this involve deep dash teardown? Just need basic cruise ctrl functionality.

Thanks
Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

We don't dabble with the sensors or the interconnectivity for applying brakes automatically that would allow for add-on adaptive cruise control systems. That's a big can of worms.

These devices will be offered in three varieties:
  1. Standard cruise control
  2. Standard cruise control with voluntary speed-limiting (also includes built-in memory so you can set commonly-used speeds at the press of a button)
  3. Speed-limiters with an unmodifiable maximum speed (mostly for use by our fleet customers).
Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone!

As mentioned here, through our Rostra Accessories division, we we will be offering an add-on cruise control system for the '22 Maverick shortly after it is available. I've ordered the XL model in Cactus Gray for myself, so have no fear - if you decide to order the XL/100A equipment package, you'll be able to add cruise control, seat heaters, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot detection, interior and exterior LED lighting and more. If you're interested, check out the video below. It's from a Subaru but will give you some idea of what an installation typically entails. Likewise, please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn to get notices of these new products right away:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Rostra
Instagram: https://instagram.com/rostraaccessories/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rostratweets
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/rostra?sub_confirmation=1
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/rostraaccessories

Cruise Control Installation Example

Thanks in advance for your interest!

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Will these option be available on the xlt as well? I would like the seat heaters

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bill,
What's involved in installing Rostra cruise in a platform somewhat similar to Maverick? (Bronco, Escape?)

Does it just involve a 'little box' connecting thru the diagnostic port?
How hard is it to add the control stalk to the steering column - or just uses adhesive?

Or does this involve deep dash teardown? Just need basic cruise ctrl functionality.

Thanks
Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Have a look at the video I posted on the first page of this thread. It's a good representation of a typical cruise control installation.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will these option be available on the xlt as well? I would like the seat heaters
I believe cruise control is standard on the XLT model but I will indeed be doing an installation of seat heaters with an installation video to follow.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all. We had a chance today to participate in an online training with Canadian Mobile Audio wherein I spoke a bit about the cruise development for the Maverick. Feel free to check it out here if you're bored:

Ford Maverick Cruise control add-on Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 2.34.08 PM

Thanks!

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

Sponsored

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke a bit about the cruise development for the Maverick.
I had to switch from Firefox with Adblock to Chrome to watch the video. It's 58 minutes long(!) but if you jump to about 9 minutes (49 minutes from the end) you'll see 6-7 interesting minutes of Bill talking about the Maverick including a minute or so of a typical installation process which was good to see.

Nice video, Bill! I stopped watching when I got to your speed-limiting technology (I have a Significant Other who provides that function when I'm on the highway) so I hope I didn't miss anything relevant to the Maverick.

dmbell502

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2 questions will this void the factory warranty and the second in do you have authorized dealers and installers? I'm not fond of working on modern automotive electronics

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bill
Does my "cruise control set to 80mph" message show up on my screen with the Rostra system?
Also, is there a hack to use your cruise control module with factory steering wheel buttons? I like having cruise, didn't want to buy the option package to get it, but I don't really like the added stalk.

IcePoseidon12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Hi all. We had a chance today to participate in an online training with Canadian Mobile Audio wherein I spoke a bit about the cruise development for the Maverick. Feel free to check it out here if you're bored:

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 2.34.08 PM.png

Thanks!

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Would you happen to know of or know if there is any development on converting the manual seats to power seats?

I may start a separate topic for this if not to see if there is some solution out there using OEM Ford parts or an aftermarket kit. I'd prefer OEM if possible as I'd like to have it installed the same way it would be from the factory.

Last edited:

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would you happen to know of or know if there is any development on converting the manual seats to power seats?

I may start a separate topic for this if not to see if there is some solution out there using OEM Ford parts or an aftermarket kit
I'm also interested in this seat conversion. I would hope it is plug and play, since the XL is available with power drivers seat as a fleet option.
Sponsored