Sponsored

Dealer-Installed Cruise Control on an XL?

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Curious if anyone has explored having a dealer install cruise control on a base XL? I know it comes capable, needs $100 of switches added and I'm capable of doing the DIY myself...I just don't want to. Has anyone checked into whether a dealer can do this for them, like before they take delivery, in the event that Ford hasn't come to their senses by MY2023 and realized ALL new vehicles come with cruise? Depending on price increases, I may get priced right out of my preferred XLT, so I'm thinking about options if I have to get an XL.
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious if anyone has explored having a dealer install cruise control on a base XL? I know it comes capable, needs $100 of switches added and I'm capable of doing the DIY myself...I just don't want to. Has anyone checked into whether a dealer can do this for them, like before they take delivery, in the event that Ford hasn't come to their senses by MY2023 and realized ALL new vehicles come with cruise? Depending on price increases, I may get priced right out of my preferred XLT, so I'm thinking about options if I have to get an XL.
Never heard of this dealer installed option. More details please?

OP
OP
Last Truck Ever

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Never heard of this dealer installed option. More details please?
I don't know that it IS an option, that's what I'm asking, if anyone's aware of IF this can be done by a dealer, like right before I take delivery.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not think a dealer would touch it. If it's not recommended by the manufacturer than normally dealers want nothing to do with it. Yes it's possible but if Ford wanted the XL to have cruise they would have had it from the factory. You can try but it's HIGHLY doubtful you'll find a dealer willing to do it.

Source: worked in dealers for 24 years

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would not think a dealer would touch it. If it's not recommended by the manufacturer than normally dealers want nothing to do with it. Yes it's possible but if Ford wanted the XL to have cruise they would have had it from the factory. You can try but it's HIGHLY doubtful you'll find a dealer willing to do it.

Source: worked in dealers for 24 years
There is at least one instance here of a dealer doing it for a forum member, OP will just have to search for it.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is at least one instance here of a dealer doing it for a forum member, OP will just have to search for it.
Shocker! I didn't think a dealer would do it.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shocker! I didn't think a dealer would do it.
It's not like they're rewriting software or adding aftermarket programs, they're literally just "turning it on" in the computer.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not like they're rewriting software or adding aftermarket programs, they're literally just "turning it on" in the computer.
Thanks

Mr.Roboto.1975

First Name
Stoned Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Merc Mariner hybrid, 04 Silv 3500, 87 F-700
I can tell you that when I bought a new F-350 XL in 2002, I ordered a cruise kit from a dealer. The truck was already "drive by wire" (which almost all are now). The kit consisted of a new steering wheel, and an additional brake pressure switch. The programming was already in the computer. I also recently purchased a base model 2004 Silverado 3500 that had pretty much everything but cruise. To add it took the cruise control turn signal stalk, and making a wire harness about 6" long (there was a kit with all of the parts for $270, I'm cheap). Neither truck required any software changes, but that varies by vehicle.
Sponsored