First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 2 questions will this void the factory warranty and the second in do you have authorized dealers and installers? I'm not fond of working on modern automotive electronics
There's nothing about these devices that should void your factory warranty. We have a wide variety of retail installation facilities through the U.S. and Canada. If you want to shoot me an email at [email protected] with your name and zip code, I'll be glad to have a regional manage respond with a list of nearby installers so you can start inquiring about costs from them for a complete kit. The Maverick kit is not available yet but they should be able to give you some ideas.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532
Sponsored

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bill
Does my "cruise control set to 80mph" message show up on my screen with the Rostra system?
Also, is there a hack to use your cruise control module with factory steering wheel buttons? I like having cruise, didn't want to buy the option package to get it, but I don't really like the added stalk.
It will not show Ford's factory messages on the screen. Likewise, we do not do any testing with control switches which are not ours.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Bill -- how about VOXX offering some fog lights along with that aftermarket cruise control? I'd delay upgrading my XL tires to Falkens if I could rock some fog lights...

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Bill -- how about VOXX offering some fog lights along with that aftermarket cruise control? I'd delay upgrading my XL tires to Falkens if I could rock some fog lights...
The short answer is "probably". There's a lot of different divisions to our company and I'll be going through every product that we have to see if they can be applied. Beyond our cruise control, I'm personally going to start with front and rear parking sensors, seat heaters, and then LED lighting for the bed and, hopefully, fogs.

Last edited:

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
It would seem to me that the easier option would be to change the switch on the steering wheel and then turn on the cruise control using a program like Forscan. Im not sure how invasive it is to pop that switch but by the picture it doesnt seem like much. Id think a good body shop could do that for you on the steering wheel.

Part # is LB5Z-9C888-G

Attachments

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
two options in my opinion.

1 Bite the bullet and spend the $2,285 for the XLT. Or

2 get the cruise control buttons from the “ford parts counter” like $60. Install it (super easy) Then have the dealership program it. (If they will)
The cruise control buttons are part of the steering wheel, you’re not going to get an oem steering wheel for $60. You are gutsier than I swapping out steering wheel with airbag. Search the forum, there is extensive discussion on this subject including the name of the manufacturer of an aftermarket unit (Rostra, I believe).

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
The cruise control buttons are part of the steering wheel, you’re not going to get an oem steering wheel for $60. You are gutsier than I swapping out steering wheel with airbag. Search the forum, there is extensive discussion on this subject including the name of the manufacturer of an aftermarket unit (Rostra, I believe).
They arent part of the steering wheel, it is a pod. You can see the diagram above.

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would seem to me that the easier option would be to change the switch on the steering wheel and then turn on the cruise control using a program like Forscan. Im not sure how invasive it is to pop that switch but by the picture it doesnt seem like much. Id think a good body shop could do that for you on the steering wheel.

Part # is LB5Z-9C888-G
I agree. This method would be awesome. Does anybody know if the stock wiring harness supports it, and if Forscan is capable of activating it?

Also, great graphis, MavEcoBoo. Are similar graphics available to help me with trim removal or headunit removal?

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would love front parking sensors! Could they be integrated to just work automatically in parking situations?

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need that! Any idea of what pricing typically is? I'm guessing less than $500 based on less than a deductable?

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any ideas what the cost for the cruise add on would run? Do you all have a list of installers that are familiar with your products? I'm definitely considering changing from an XLT to an XL and just trying to gather some "after market prices" for some of the add on's I want to do.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any ideas what the cost for the cruise add on would run? Do you all have a list of installers that are familiar with your products? I'm definitely considering changing from an XLT to an XL and just trying to gather some "after market prices" for some of the add on's I want to do.
Typical retail price for a kit is somewhere between $249 and $299 - add 1-2 hours of installation time on top of that. We have a network of installers through the U.S. and Canada, a lot of which are just your typical car audio/remote start and security type of businesses. If you'll shoot me a message to [email protected] with your postal code I'll add you to my list of folks I need to keep updated on the product release (not that I won't be posting about it here).

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Typical retail price for a kit is somewhere between $249 and $299 - add 1-2 hours of installation time on top of that. We have a network of installers through the U.S. and Canada, a lot of which are just your typical car audio/remote start and security type of businesses. If you'll shoot me a message to [email protected] with your postal code I'll add you to my list of folks I need to keep updated on the product release (not that I won't be posting about it here).

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
i know I read earlier that only special packages or Lariat had "Adaptive Cruise Control",
but my XLT's Vin number says my Hybrid has "Adaptive Cruise Control." Was there a change or was standard Cruise changed to "adaptive"?

Adaptive Cruise Control adds the big benefit of slowing for slowed traffic and then returns to pre-set cruise speed.
Sponsored

Last edited: