First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i Know I read earlier that only special packages or Lariat had Adaptive Cruise Control,
but my XLT's Vin number says my Hybrid has "Adaptive Cruise Control." Was there a change or was standard Cruise changed to "adaptive"?

Adaptive Cruise Control adds the big benefit of slowing for slowed traffic and then returns to pre-set cruise speed.
That's the first I've seen mention of that. Not a big ACC fan myself but wondering if one of the dealers lurking around would be able to clarify.
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the first I've seen mention of that. Not a big ACC fan myself but wondering if one of the dealers lurking around would be able to clarify.
Just dug up the answer...know it was not there back in early July.....but the "Co-Pilot" package now upgrades the standard cruise control to "Adaptive cruise control"...which is so significantly better and safer.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just dug up the answer...know it was not there back in early July.....but the "Co-Pilot" package now upgrades the standard cruise control to "Adaptive cruise control"...which is so significantly better and safer.
Have you got a source on that? Because 99% sure it doesn't. Lariat Luxury Package only.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you got a source on that? Because 99% sure it doesn't. Lariat Luxury Package only.
The Order side where you key in your Vin Number and Order number brings up the Vin numbers list of options on the vehicle. Under Cruise control it shows "Adaptive Cruise Control"....also the Build and Price screen now shows ACC as a detail of the Copilot-360.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Order side where you key in your Vin Number and Order number brings up the Vin numbers list of options on the vehicle. Under Cruise control it shows "Adaptive Cruise Control"....also the Build and Price screen now shows ACC as a detail of the Copilot-360.
on which trim level?

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

🤔??

Ford Maverick Cruise control add-on 1632590816200

From the build & price, identical across all trims/engines. Nothing about (adaptive) cruise control.

Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2013 Transit Connect, 2018 BMW X1
I have a 2004 F150 XL that came from the factory without cruise control.

3 years ago (2018) I bought the cruise buttons from Ford and installed them in the steering wheel myself (30 minute job). I then took it to my local dealer and they "turned on" the cruise feature in the computer, (another 30 minutes).

I know this is comparing apples and oranges, but if they had this capability in 2004, it may be possible to do the same on the Maverick. You might just need to find a good local dealer willing to work with you.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the automatic emergency braking on the hybrid still work with the Rostra aftermarket cruise control. It would seem the cruise would not know to disengage the throttle.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone has an answer, I’m ordering this morning. I like the wheels, interior and price better on the xl, but enjoy cruise. Can’t decide to step up to xlt or not. No plusses for me with xlt except cruise.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone has an answer, I’m ordering this morning. I like the wheels, interior and price better on the xl, but enjoy cruise. Can’t decide to step up to xlt or not. No plusses for me with xlt except cruise.
That's a good question. @wsimmonsVOXX with Rostra would be the best one to answer this. If you can, hold off ordering until we hear from him, or contact Rostra directly on Monday if it's that important to you.

Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2013 Transit Connect, 2018 BMW X1
Same here. I ordered an XLT just for the cruise. I didn't want to have to do any work on this truck when I got it. Just pay and drive.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the automatic emergency braking on the hybrid still work with the Rostra aftermarket cruise control. It would seem the cruise would not know to disengage the throttle.
Can you tell me which feature you are referring to here? I've scoured my copy of the owners manual and cannot find reference to this.

Our cruise control system disengages in a number of different ways.

First, and most obvious, is using the included control switch to turn the system on and off.
Second, it disengages when you press the brake pedal.
Third, it disengages if you stomp the gas pedal, for example, when passing another vehicle on the highway.
Fourth, directly related to the third option above, is when the system's built-in over-rev protection detects a jump in the engine RPM. This occurs normally with wheel slippage such as when driving in wet (hydroplaning) or icy conditions.
Fifth is if there's any break in communication with the vehicle's CAN Bus such as if you remove the OBD-II plug while driving.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532

Reactions: wjg

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just found it - Page 243 in the manual. Our cruise control detects braking through the vehicle's CAN Bus so I have no reason to believe that our cruise control is going to continue trying to push the vehicle forward while the brakes are being applied in an emergency.

Another note is that our cruise control does not power on below 32 MPH.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532
Sponsored