First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What kinda of idiot would pay 50G's for a $21,000 truck?
Heck I would sell my 2019 f-150 stx for that !! in 66 years I never even paid sticker. this will be the first time I did we ordered the xlt hybrid for my wife in oct. at sticker
Sponsored

OP
OP
dviousdave

dviousdave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So, I was just checking Ford if Montebello’s website. It looks like they reduced the Lariat from $51k to $44k. Did you call them out on the shameless markup? Looks like they caught 💩 from somebody - or a few people.

Can you confirm the one the website is, in fact, the one with the $51k window sticker in your pic?

1642182390369.png
I was in and out so fast I wasn't bothered by the salesmen. I felt like giving them my opinion about their BS mark-up but I just stuck to the task at hand: ordering accessories for my Maverick with my Ford points.

Now I just have to wait a month for the rear seat pet cover and first aide kit.

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's crazy that Ford doesn't have some control over what he dealers charge. Maybe someday we'll be able to order directly from the manufacturer. When I order mine in August I plan to call every dealership within 2 hours drive and get firm pricing and a contract if there is such a thing with these button crawlers
I really think it's time for the whole dealership model to go away, time to change over to just being a service/ warranty center, and a place to pick up your new vehicle that you custom ordered online.

Falconpunchjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul
So, I was just checking Ford if Montebello’s website. It looks like they reduced the Lariat from $51k to $44k. Did you call them out on the shameless markup? Looks like they caught 💩 from somebody - or a few people.

Can you confirm the one the website is, in fact, the one with the $51k window sticker in your pic?

1642182390369.png
I doubt it, that's when you get to the dealership and they tell you were doing $6-10k markups from the price you see on the websites. That's what they do here.

Sponsored

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
I doubt it, that's when you get to the dealership and they tell you were doing $6-10k markups from the price you see on the websites. That's what they do here.
I mean thats how they got me in. The didnt say shit about the makrup till I was ready to buy the car. It wasnt even on the sticker.

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Somebody will, that's why the dealers keep doing it. If people would just say NO, this crap would stop.
But I needed my car NOW. Mind you I wouldn't pay THAT big a markup, but I did pay some, we negotiated it down. My poor old Ranger didnt seem like it was gonna make it another year and nothing on the market could replace it except that god awful abomination the Santa Cruz, which was ugly as sin. So Maverick was really my only choice for a light pickup, under 30K AND a Hybrid, which I pretty much decided I had to have this time round given gas prices just keep going up.
Sponsored