CP360 Worth it???

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Lux, Copilot, Shadow black
I had a stroke a few years back and lost half my eyesight. I had to pass multiple drivers tests and have to complete a full visual field test every year just to keep my license. I have never been in an at fault accident in 30 years of driving and my only minor accident was at 17 when I was rear ended stopped at a train crossing.

I consider myself a very safe driver because I could lose my license forever with one at fault accident. I am very attentive and aware at all times behind the wheel. That said, I love having extra visual and auditory aids. They make life much easier and safer.
Sponsored

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the co-pilot option under the mistaken impression that it included adaptive cruise control. I'm usually pretty detail oriented, but I dropped the ball on that one. 😣

Nevertheless, I'm now glad I got it, as the blind spot monitoring and cross traffic alerts have proven useful. Not so keen on the lane-keeping, but I can see how it might come in handy on occasion. So yes....I consider it worth the investment.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Folks please pay attention to the road so your car doesnt have to. Here is a good rule of thumb, if you are standing and not moving you do not need to pay attention to whats ahead.

You can safely operate your body a 0/10th attention.
Walking or riding a bike you should be somewhere between 2/10ths and 3/10ths of your attention.
If you are operating anything like a horse, ebike, or scooter you should probably pay 4 or 5/10th of your available attention span given the dangerous nature of the power you are wielding.
That brings us to cars I feel that distracted driving is people resting right at 6/10ths just a little over half their brain capacity.
That is not enough considering you are driving a several ton metal object with the ability to kill before your even see what you killed.
7/10ths attention is scanning your mirrors watching the vehicles ahead of the ones in front of or directly behind you. But still thinking about your shopping list or your work or what have you.
8/10ths is what commercial drivers have to do to not cause millions of dollars in damage or kill dozens of people at once.
9/10ths of your available brain power is what amateur race car drivers and driving enthusiasts do when they are really getting it. They are in the zone and focused.
10/10ths is what F1, Indy, Nascar, GT, MOTO, and the like are doing. They are laser focused, they spend their time not driving thinking about how to focus their driving attention more. They see it all and are thinking at breakneck speeds everything that is about to happen and could happen and are prepared for it mentally running their brain through ways to react.

These levels are like earthquake magnitudes, each level is many times greater levels of paying attention to what they are doing.

You dont have to drive like a race car driver or even a professional driver. But please for your own sake and that of everyone else on the road. Pay attention, keep your eyes on the road and off screens, watch the vehicles dont just follow them. Predict when that light way up ther will change based on the amount of cars still going through it per traffic density. It will save your life, you money, and last but not least the lives of others. If you are relying on the sensors to drive, maybe you should think about limiting your driving and using more alternative transportation public, commercial, or ride share.
Kind of what a CCW class will teach you. Situational Awareness. Know what is in the full 360 degrees of your body at all times, and be ready to REACT.
Relaxation is for your recliner. The rest of time, you must be aware.

bobbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of unskilled drivers out there. Those for sure could use the extra safety features the 360 option provides.

Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've never had any of these safety features and after riding motorcycles for almost 50 years I do a lot of mirror scanning and pre-planning. But my reflexes and eyesight are not as good as they used to be so I think it will be good. The other day I was trying to see around an SUV backing out of a spot and the guy behind me also decided to back out. We did not contact but easily could have and even at low speed that would have been a pain.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of unskilled drivers out there. Those for sure could use the extra safety features the 360 option provides.
CP360 features have nothing to do with skill.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drove a '21 Tacoma for a couple months last year for a job that had the adaptive cruise. Really liked it. With it was an option on the XLT. Been driving legally since I was 15, started at 10. Almost 30 years of driving with zero accidents or tickets. Even then, I'm all for any and all added safety features. All it takes is one small momentary unnoticed thing, and life can end or change in less than a heartbeat. Stroke your ego all you want, but nobody can notice everything at all times. We went from a small population farming area to thousands of homes being built on farm ground around here in the last couple years. Literally 8,000 houses a month being built about 5 miles from me. Traffic is insane now. That's the whole reason I ordered the wife a new Bronco Sport when I ordered the Maverick. Safer than her old 90's blazer, and the CP assist will likely be worth it's weight in gold.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, love the convenience of having the systems available when needed.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it is well worth it.

The Cross-Traffic alert alone has saved my bacon numerous times when backing out of parking spaces where visibility is limited. At least half a dozen times over the 10 months of ownership it has activated.

The alerts went off with tone and visual alerts showing which side the imbecile was coming from and going way to fast while ignoring my truck slowly backing out.

Without Co-Pilot360 I fear that one or more of those imbeciles would have hit my truck as they show no situal awareness at all.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It just prevented me from rear ending somebody. I know this technology has been out for a while but this is my first vehicle that has any feature like this.
Stop and go traffic and car in front of me jammed on his brakes. It went BEEPBEEPBEEP. As soon as I heard that I jammed on the brakes so idk whether it was me or the system that stopped the vehicle. It doesn't matter. So yes it was worth it and I'm so glad I went with it.
I’m finding the Co-Pilot 360 is weird in its offerings. My XLT has the auto high beams, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring, break alert and little else. The lane alert is useless for all practical uses. It doesn’t correct and of course, no ACC just regular CC. I like the RCTA, BSM, auto hi beam but it seems half baked compared to Toyota.

Neilsoldtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 1991 Corvette Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It just prevented me from rear ending somebody. I know this technology has been out for a while but this is my first vehicle that has any feature like this.
Stop and go traffic and car in front of me jammed on his brakes. It went BEEPBEEPBEEP. As soon as I heard that I jammed on the brakes so idk whether it was me or the system that stopped the vehicle. It doesn't matter. So yes it was worth it and I'm so glad I went with it.
I have it in all my vehicles that it's available as an option.
It's one of the best features any vehicle can have. My Corvette convertible does not have it

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes I really believe the co-pilot 360 is worth its weight in gold if it just saves one life. Just one example I witnessed myself a girls Gone Wild bus and girls we're at a bar in Tennessee Two Guys looking left at the bus and the girls crossed over a double yellow line hit 3 elderly people on the way home head on and killed all three of the elderly people so yes I say 100% without no doubt if those two young man would have had the co-pilot 360 in their vehicle they would have never crossed over that double yellow line and three lives would have been saved and believe me I can state a lot more incidents and accidents that people either drifted right or left and lives were lost ☠⚀⚀☠
Which is why those features should be standard and not optional or partially part of the option package but part of a package on a more expensive level.
Sponsored