Sponsored

Could this be why my Maverick is not getting allocated?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why did Joe Schmo who ordered the same truck from the dealer the next town over get his already, after ordering 2 months later than I did?

It seems like my dealer probably got caught selling new vehicles over MSRP and Ford is waging war on them by withholding my new vehicle order from being allocated to them. LINK

Does anyone have any tips on who I need to contact at Ford, or how much hell I need to raise, to get my truck allocated? I expected 4-6 months of waiting, but now I fear it may never get built.

Bowties have never let me down like this. I should have just bought a Colorado...
Hi. I'm in the same boat and getting worried/pissed/loud.

I am willing to raise hell, just don't know where to go to do it.

I am willing to go to Mexico to pick up my truck.
Feel pretty powerless. I'd like some communication and a VIN even if I don't get the truck soon.
Sponsored

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here but 6/10 order, rescheduled 5 times. Still not produced yet.
Same here but 6/10 order, rescheduled 5 times. Still not produced yet.
Just got off the phone with CS, he told me that my Lariat Hybrid FE was scheduled to go in production tomorrow, but was changed to yesterday 6/5 so finally some good news. I'll check again in a few days.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Why did Joe Schmo who ordered the same truck from the dealer the next town over get his already, after ordering 2 months later than I did?

It seems like my dealer probably got caught selling new vehicles over MSRP and Ford is waging war on them by withholding my new vehicle order from being allocated to them. LINK

Does anyone have any tips on who I need to contact at Ford, or how much hell I need to raise, to get my truck allocated? I expected 4-6 months of waiting, but now I fear it may never get built.

Bowties have never let me down like this. I should have just bought a Colorado...
Mine took 8 months and 3 days! I know it is very frustrating and am sorry you are still waiting.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Folks, I am waiting for Boncos I ordered in July 2020, so this is just another example of a snafu from Ford.
They're bragging of all the vehicles sold and new models coming. What (tf) does that matter if they can't deliver! Thanks for letting me vent!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What was the pre-Amazon lead time to order vehicle? +9 month waits for non-hybrid vehicles seem a tad long.
You mean PRE-pandemic, global supply line stoppage, and Russian invasion? I totally agree we are experiencing long waits, but keeping things in perspective here, this isn't new or unique to Ford. How may times was Tesla Model 3 production and delivery pushed back? Cybertruck- forget about it. How about the wait for C8 mid-engined Corvette? New Bronco? I have always suggested people in this situation (or ready to take the leap) not tie any other financial or transportation decisions in their lives to certainty of a delivery date for a Maverick. I was lucky(?) enough to have other presssing life priorities that made it so I couldn't complete a deal on mine for up to a year after ordering anyways and it was mostly out of my control. I actually wanted a big delay to get my $hit together before signing on the dotted line. Almost 7 months since I ordered now too. Just the luck of the draw sometimes in this life

Sponsored

OP
OP

SamSmith25

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick LT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You mean PRE-pandemic, global supply line stoppage, and Russian invasion? I totally agree we are experiencing long waits, but keeping things in perspective here, this isn't new or unique to Ford. How may times was Tesla Model 3 production and delivery pushed back? Cybertruck- forget about it. How about the wait for C8 mid-engined Corvette? New Bronco? I have always suggested people in this situation (or ready to take the leap) not tie any other financial or transportation decisions in their lives to certainty of a delivery date for a Maverick. I was lucky(?) enough to have other presssing life priorities that made it so I couldn't complete a deal on mine for up to a year after ordering anyways and it was mostly out of my control. I actually wanted a big delay to get my $hit together before signing on the dotted line. Almost 7 months since I ordered now too. Just the luck of the draw sometimes in this life
Thanks for posting! We appreciate your input… However I don’t accept the global constraints as valid excuses anymore…. Hybrid vehicles sure. Other Ford vehicles, ya obviously. luxury sports cars with custom parts, sure.

We are talking about the simplest version of any vehicle possible. Other companies are not waiting a year for base model vehicles with multiple fumbles/reschedules in the order system. This is specific to Ford and the linked article tells you why. Executives chose the round table over customers….

and yet they still accept orders for next year models like somehow a year backlog just magically vanishes. And some dealers will allocate next month while others wait 8+ months. It’s BS

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sheila Ness

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

Keep your britches on fella. I ordered Aug 31, 2021 and just got the build date of 6/20/2022. There are others that ordered after me and have theirs already. The thing is I probably have more goodies than maybe someone else and mine got held back. This whole affair is taking a ton of patience. Good luck!

dale

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 saturn sky redline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got off the phone with CS, he told me that my Lariat Hybrid FE was scheduled to go in production tomorrow, but was changed to yesterday 6/5 so finally some good news. I'll check again in a few days.
I just called and production moved to June 28th. This is the 6th time it moved. Got a VIN and May 16th production date a all time ago. Every week it gets moved, I rather have a little less info and just hope it will get built. This is complete BS. Yes I have seen my build tooooo many times to mention. Wish that I had kept my old car, now I share with the wife.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've resigned myself to the fact it will prolly be a year for me from the August 15 ordering date regardless of what the dealer may or may not be saying about it. I can live with it. The way I see it I am not bound to take it and if a great deal on something pops up in the meantime, oh happy day. I only drive 2500 miles a year so it is not asking much for the old Ranger to keep chooglin' on.

The bigger issue for me is what will interest rates be like a year from now. If they start climbing up to 1980's style rates, the old Ranger may be looking better and better. I'm old enough to remember people back then paying up to 15%. Hopefully it won't come to that.
If the same bureaucrats and politicians stay in office it will be worse than Carter's recession. And I am betting it is going to be much worse due to the lack of integrity in Washington, D.C.

Sponsored

Azul93GT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09'Escape LTD, 04' Ranger Edge, a couple of Fox
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You mean PRE-pandemic, global supply line stoppage, and Russian invasion?w I totally agree we are experiencing long waits, but keeping things in perspective here, this isn't new or unique to Ford. ..
I wasn't necessarily singling out Ford. I'm not buying the geo-political goings on as an all purpose excuse. There's always something going on in the world. It seems to me like the plant in Hermosillo is too small to keep up with demand. That's the bottom line. Also the originator of the thread's beef was with the allocation system.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the same bureaucrats and politicians stay in office it will be worse than Carter's recession. And I am betting it is going to be much worse due to the lack of integrity in Washington, D.C.
Well, I'm betting it is going to be worse. The catch phrase right now is "Economic Hurricane" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. Cat1 or Cat5. LOL, who in hell knows, but there is a change coming for sure.

I wasn't necessarily singling out Ford. I'm not buying the geo-political goings on as an all purpose excuse. There's always something going on in the world. It seems to me like the plant in Hermosillo is too small to keep up with demand. That's the bottom line. Also the originator of the thread's beef was with the allocation system.
I was just relating to my wife the other day that in its heyday the Twin Cities plant was churning out close to half a million Rangers a year. Every dealer had dozens in stock from the XL all the way to the FX/4 in a good selection of colors too. I would go with friends looking to buy one and look for the ones with the oldest inspection stickers to grab the best deals. Great times. As for Hermosillo, Ford has their issues there for sure. I would say growing pains with the plant is no small issue and one we will not hear much about. Ford, I would say, would prefer to use the supply chain issues as front and center, which is justified no question, but I suspect there is more to the story than that.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do you NOT understand??
Demand for the Maverick has greatly exceeded Ford's projections and their ability to build them.

Tell us more about Joe Schmo and WHY you think your dealer is being punished by Ford.

I agree 100% that you (and all the other whiny snowflakes) should MOST DEFINITELY buy a Colorado asap.
Dude, play nice

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine took 8 months and 3 days! I know it is very frustrating and am sorry you are still waiting.
I call my MavXLT LUX “baby” because it went 9 months

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi. I'm in the same boat and getting worried/pissed/loud.

I am willing to raise hell, just don't know where to go to do it.

I am willing to go to Mexico to pick up my truck.
Feel pretty powerless. I'd like some communication and a VIN even if I don't get the truck soon.
this is the new normal. Adapt with coping mechanisms or risk your health and sanity stressing over things out of your control.
Sponsored