First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally posted with test results, with Road Test Score of 78 out of 100, an Overall Score of 74 out of 100 and RECOMMENDED:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/ford/maverick/2022/overview/

To see the whole detail, you may need to be a Consumer Reports subscriber.

Tested MPG was: Overall 23 / City 16 / Hwy 32 mpg

Rated well ahead overall of the Santa Cruz. I thought it was a decent test/review.

CU had announced earlier that a Hybrid test will come later.

NOTE: It just disappeared, showing still "IN TEST". CU must be in the process of posting it, but not completely done yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
davnau

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That gets just part of it, too. If you try to click on Road Test Report, or View All Ratings & Test Results, it shows still in test.

Maybe by end of the day the whole posting will be up cleanly.

UPDATE: Seems to be completely posted and working cleanly now. Report also says Hybrid version is now in test.

Last edited:

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CR's observed MPG is much closer to my own experience than most of the other reviews I've seen.
I have to drive v-e-r-y conservatively to get close to 20 MPG in all-city driving in my AWD EB. Conversely, my highway MPG has been in the low 30s without much effort. I know that mileage suffers at highway speeds over about 70. I rarely drive over 65-70.

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
CR's observed MPG is much closer to my own experience than most of the other reviews I've seen.
I have to drive v-e-r-y conservatively to get close to 20 MPG in all-city driving in my AWD EB. Conversely, my highway MPG has been in the low 30s without much effort. I know that mileage suffers at highway speeds over about 70. I rarely drive over 65-70.
I agree, after about a week and 600 miles of driving I'm getting just under 26mpgs. Seems like the sweet spot mpg is on a 50 mph back road

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To see the whole detail, you may need to be a Consumer Reports subscriber I will happily copy and paste the article or screenshot it for commentary purposes here on MTC forum so y'all can see it. Remember to hit like on my post.
Fixed the spelling and grammar errors on your post. Thank you! :D

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally posted with test results, with Road Test Score of 78 out of 100, an Overall Score of 74 out of 100 and RECOMMENDED:

Rated well ahead overall of the Santa Cruz. I thought it was a decent test/review.

NOTE: It just disappeared, showing still "IN TEST". CU must be in the process of posting it, but not completely done yet.
I was able to read the article - it is good for Ford and the Maverick. I really like CRs take on the usability of the Maverick and its approach to be a small truck with similar functionality- seemed to be the reason CR gave it the nod. I agree with that! I still like my SC and will probably like it over the Maverick, once I finally take ownership - for the Luxury and tech features.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

what was the score of the Santa Cruz?

Sponsored

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No worries! Thanks anyway.

Area51FM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I've driven about 250 miles so far and I'm averaging just over 30 MPG's and I'm on pace to get over 500 miles on the first tank of gas. Needless to say, I'm very happy.

OP
OP
davnau

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what was the score of the Santa Cruz?
For the Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5 Turbo tested:

Road Test Score of 77 out of 100 and an Overall Score of 59 out of 100 . Did not get a RECOMMENDED.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hyundai/santa-cruz/2022/overview

Tested MPG was: Overall 24 / City 16 / Hwy 34 mpg

Maverick got an estimated 4 for Reliability vs. a 2 for the Santa Cruz (each out of a maximum of 5). Actual CR reader feedback on the Bronco Sport for Reliability is 5 out of 5. I suspect CR was taking that result into account for the Maverick Reliability estimate, as the Bronco Sport and Maverick are built on the same line in the same plant.
Sponsored

Last edited: