Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea that's the benefit of these MPG gauges on any vehicle now days. Always watching lol. I'm easy on it too and in no rush.

Thanks for sharing your info here! @JohnnyApplespeed and I have discussed this in a previous thread and PM's and I'm glad to see more info popping up on these forums other than the random pic threads about someone buying a setup off Amazon. I really need to understand the catch can setup and being my first, so far everything looks fine. But cost is a huge motivator for the majority so I totally understand just doing the clean side with a cheaper setup as long as it's decent, and if we get a solution that provides adequate filtration without breaking the bank then it's a win and hopefully it helps others.

Thanks to both of you. I'll follow along.
For sure, the more info the better. I think I read every catch can thread on this site and countless YouTube videos trying to figure this out. I’m sure you can accomplish the same thing with cheaper cans but I bought a $40 Amazon can and was not confident that the media would stay together. Seemed like the stainless mesh was very loose and could possibly have pieces get sucked into the engine so I returned it and went with radium. I’ll post something on my cans once they actually catch something and I put more miles on it.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The photos below show a replacement "clean side" vent hose along with a connector for the "dirty side" hose, both of which I've purchased in preparation for a DIY double catch can installation. My understanding is that the clean side hose is difficult to remove without breaking the connectors and may well be designed for single use (not intended for reinstallation), whereas the dirty side connectors can be fairly easily removed without needing to replace them. I'm leery of attempting removal of the OEM clean side hose if there's a high likelihood the connectors will break, and I'm unsure which connector to use for the clean side catch can hose assembly.

My question is, are connectors on the dirty side compatible with the clean side? They look to be the same size fitting only with different hose diameter. Can I simply use 10AN hose and dirty side connectors (blue) for my clean side hose assembly? Will the same connectors work on either side of the vent system? Or do I have to somehow use the sacrificial (orange) connectors on the clean side with the expectation of having to replace every time I need to remove them (hopefully never)? Any insights/guidance would be appreciated.

20230709_141653.jpg

20230709_141727.jpg

20230709_141714.jpg
Ignorant here but why is an oil catch can needed on mavericks? I know they are needed on pro drag racing cars....

Lemon Squeezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The photos below show a replacement "clean side" vent hose along with a connector for the "dirty side" hose, both of which I've purchased in preparation for a DIY double catch can installation. My understanding is that the clean side hose is difficult to remove without breaking the connectors and may well be designed for single use (not intended for reinstallation), whereas the dirty side connectors can be fairly easily removed without needing to replace them. I'm leery of attempting removal of the OEM clean side hose if there's a high likelihood the connectors will break, and I'm unsure which connector to use for the clean side catch can hose assembly.

My question is, are connectors on the dirty side compatible with the clean side? They look to be the same size fitting only with different hose diameter. Can I simply use 10AN hose and dirty side connectors (blue) for my clean side hose assembly? Will the same connectors work on either side of the vent system? Or do I have to somehow use the sacrificial (orange) connectors on the clean side with the expectation of having to replace every time I need to remove them (hopefully never)? Any insights/guidance would be appreciated.

20230709_141653.jpg

20230709_141727.jpg

20230709_141714.jpg
Connectors for the clean side and dirty side are different.Clean side are bigger.I know based on experience as I both broke the clips on each side when I installed my catch can.😅

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided