Sponsored

COBB TUning Accessport for 2.0L Maverick!!!

crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@COBB Tuning - can these tunes still use 87 or do they require 91/93? Understandably more power from 91/93, just curious if I can still use 87 for DD.

Thanks!
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is the AccessPort supported on a Tremor? I can't think of anything different about the engine or drive modes, but maybe there is some differences to allow for the torque vectoring center and rear differentials.

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@COBB Tuning - can these tunes still use 87 or do they require 91/93? Understandably more power from 91/93, just curious if I can still use 87 for DD.

Thanks!
We have specific maps for each octane level - if you decide to fill up with regular, use the Accessport to flash to the 87 OCT map. Each reflash takes about ~3 minutes.

The factory octane learning logic is still active in all of our OTS maps, but we advise customers to not treat it the same way that you would the factory tune. Octane learning is reactive - there is no way to have a sensor detect the octane of the fuel, so octane is inferred based on feedback from the knock sensors. The simplified version is this - If the ECU detects no knock, inferred octane will increase. If the ECU does detect knock, inferred octane will decrease. Inferred octane is associated with the monitor 'Knock Octane Modifier', or KOM. KOM ranges from -1 to +1; -1 being the lowest possible inferred octane, and +1 being the highest possible inferred octane. The learned value of KOM is used as a multiplier for an ignition timing offset, either advancing or retarding ignition timing. KOM is also used to blend load limiters that can increase or decrease desired airmass (and in turn, boost).

The factory calibration needs to survive an owner filling the truck with 91/93, having the octane learning system learn all the way up, then fill the tank with 87 OCT and floor the throttle out of the gas station before inferred octane can learn down. Part of the power gains that we're able to safely achieve come from eliminating this risk by instructing customers to be careful with the fuel they choose and to change the engine calibration when using lower octane fuel. You can always run higher quality fuel on an engine map designed for low quality fuel, but never the inverse!

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the AccessPort supported on a Tremor? I can't think of anything different about the engine or drive modes, but maybe there is some differences to allow for the torque vectoring center and rear differentials.
Tremor and overall 2023 model year support is in the works! We're not expecting any significant changes in the engine or transmission calibration, but we still need to support all of the unique strategies and ROM IDs for each model year and sub-model. Supply chain issues over the last few years have made a bunch of seemingly identical cars pretty different in the ECU - different sensor calibrations, different equipment configurations and feature sets, etc. Makes for a lot of work in the background for us. But we should have this available for sale in the next few months. Stay tuned!

crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tremor and overall 2023 model year support is in the works! We're not expecting any significant changes in the engine or transmission calibration, but we still need to support all of the unique strategies and ROM IDs for each model year and sub-model. Supply chain issues over the last few years have made a bunch of seemingly identical cars pretty different in the ECU - different sensor calibrations, different equipment configurations and feature sets, etc. Makes for a lot of work in the background for us. But we should have this available for sale in the next few months. Stay tuned!
Ah good to know I was about to buy but I have a 23 Lariat Tremor...will wait for that to become available

Sponsored

RyonicXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Running a 5 star currently but would be more than happy to make the jump back to Cobb. Loved the AP on my MK7 Gti, had a custom e30 tune that just made awesome power. Wish I would have waited just a few months longer to buy lol.

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Howdy folks! We're going to make our own thread to highlight some of the features of the Accessport and our development process, but we wanted to hop in here and answer a few questions that have popped up first. We appreciate everyone's excitement and business! First week sales have been greater than expected and we're all very excited for the future of this platform.
What improvements will we see with the 87 tune? Any performance or MPG increase? What about improved trans logic?

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Running a 5 star currently but would be more than happy to make the jump back to Cobb. Loved the AP on my MK7 Gti, had a custom e30 tune that just made awesome power. Wish I would have waited just a few months longer to buy lol.
How are your shifts with 5 star? When I'm 20-40% throttle, it's super jerky and annoying. I try to avoid that area of throttle. You experience the same? It runs great, but just a little annoying. I have 93 daily, 93 performance, E30, and E50 tunes.

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What improvements will we see with the 87 tune? Any performance or MPG increase? What about improved trans logic?
Power gains on 87 OCT are pretty modest, just a few WHP and WTQ and some smoothing of the power curve. But the 87 OCT map is offered with all three of our transmission tunes that offer greatly improved driveability and decreased shift time for some performance gain. We don't advertise any fuel economy increase with our calibrations - really not much that can be done while maintaining factory emissions quality which is a requirement for the CARB certification process that we do for our products.

Sponsored

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received the AP yesterday (via Panda)...Today may be the day to un-install my Auto Stop-Start Eliminator and flash the ECU with Stage 1 93 + Sport TCM!

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received the AP yesterday (via Panda)...Today may be the day to un-install my Auto Stop-Start Eliminator and flash the ECU with Stage 1 93 + Sport TCM!
Keep us posted. You have a dragy?

RyonicXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How are your shifts with 5 star? When I'm 20-40% throttle, it's super jerky and annoying. I try to avoid that area of throttle. You experience the same? It runs great, but just a little annoying. I have 93 daily, 93 performance, E30, and E50 tunes.
Ya I get that too it’s super annoying. I feel like normal mode does it a lot more than when I have it in sport too. In my honest opinion their trans tune is not finished to what it could be. It does stiffen the shifts but it’s just all over the place unless you have your foot 100% floored. I’ll probably be buying a AP in the near future as there are a lot more Cobb tuners around my area.
Sponsored

Last edited: