Sponsored

COBB TUning Accessport for 2.0L Maverick!!!

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@COBB Tuning Is there any truth to the FX4 model Ecoboost AWD having a different ECU flash from the factory than standard non-FX4 Ecoboost AWD models?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone running the Cobb drop in filter ? Just wondering how it compares to the K&N -

Romac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed my stage 1 yesterday on 93+Sport TCM. I literally barely got to drive it maybe three miles round trip so I don't have any real impressions to go off of yet but I will definitely update later this week after I get some miles on it. Did one WOT pull and felt strong but nothing more to say on it than that yet. I plan to get a couple hundred miles together, some pulls and report back soon.

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I "installed" the Cobb Accessport this morning with the Stage 1 93 OCT & Sport TCM. Prior to installing the Accessport, I removed the AutoStop Eliminator I had in-line in order to eliminate any unnecessary conflicts. After the OEM ECU tune and data was save (took longer than I expected, approximately 15+ minutes), I then went into Tune Adjustments and disable AutoStop within the Accessport and adjusted the tire size to the 245/65/17s I have on the truck.

I was able to go on a ~20 mile drive after the install and the first impressions are that, while it definitely pulls harder (which is fantastic), the difference between the shift-points, upshift/downshift firmness, and predictable shift logic is NIGHT AND DAY with the OEM transmission module tune. It's SO much better on the driving experience even with a short experimental drive.

Now I am waiting to get the Tune Ticket email from Panda Motorsports for them to create a custom tune based on the modifications I have installed on the truck.

z28th1s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT, '72 Maverick, '87 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@COBB Tuning Is there any truth to the FX4 model Ecoboost AWD having a different ECU flash from the factory than standard non-FX4 Ecoboost AWD models?
We haven't seen any FX4-specific ROMs for the ECU. Other modules like the RDU control module may have unique calibrations, but that is just a guess.

ThiccSlug

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@COBB Tuning just ordered your access port. Do you guys have any future plans for other upgrades, downpipes, turbos, etc?

Romac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone noticed any oddiities post flash? I noticed after I got home my headlights stayed on and were on when I went back to the truck (I did not manually have them on). I opened the door and the door chime was still going also - I cycled the lamps and the ambers stayed on. Locking them again via remote turned them off.

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@COBB Tuning just ordered your access port. Do you guys have any future plans for other upgrades, downpipes, turbos, etc?
TBD - parts like an intake, intercooler, or AOS are possible, but a downpipe or turbo kit are unlikely. Our primary development focus on Maverick is software/ECU-based features.

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TBD - parts like an intake, intercooler, or AOS are possible, but a downpipe or turbo kit are unlikely. Our primary development focus on Maverick is software/ECU-based features.
With your tunes, do you offer revisions for guys wanting to most HP/TQ, or are the tunes a one and done deal? Also, let's say someone gets a tune, then adds an intercooler. Will you all adjust the tune afterwards?

Sponsored

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone noticed any oddiities post flash? I noticed after I got home my headlights stayed on and were on when I went back to the truck (I did not manually have them on). I opened the door and the door chime was still going also - I cycled the lamps and the ambers stayed on. Locking them again via remote turned them off.
Yes, after completing the tune + TCM flash and getting all of the correct completion screens (including clearing DTC codes) I disconnected the AP, waited about 15 seconds, and started the truck. I immediately had the "Service AWD" icon pop-up on my dash. I turned the truck off, plugged in the AP, read codes (there weren't any), but cleared them anyways. I re-started the truck and the warning went away and, fingers crossed, has not returned.

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, after completing the tune + TCM flash and getting all of the correct completion screens (including clearing DTC codes) I disconnected the AP, waited about 15 seconds, and started the truck. I immediately had the "Service AWD" icon pop-up on my dash. I turned the truck off, plugged in the AP, read codes (there weren't any), but cleared them anyways. I re-started the truck and the warning went away and, fingers crossed, has not returned.
I've had this happen. When my tune finishes loading, I take the key out and open the door. Then I start it, and all is well.

Sean832

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4 4K tow, 2005 Scion TC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly i had this happen one time on my completely stock XLT FX4 with 4K. Had to start the truck up then turn it off again to get em to shut off. Hasnt happened again since.

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With your tunes, do you offer revisions for guys wanting to most HP/TQ, or are the tunes a one and done deal? Also, let's say someone gets a tune, then adds an intercooler. Will you all adjust the tune afterwards?
We periodically update our existing OTS maps and will explore expanding the number of maps we offer to support aftermarket parts, but these changes are not specific to customer vehicles. We direct all custom tuning to our Protuner network, where you can refine and update as much as you like.

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reflashing the ECU shouldn't have any impact on the other modules in the vehicle outside of a reset. Reach out either via DM or through our support channel ([email protected]) if the behavior persists.

Try waiting longer than 15 seconds (go for 45-60s) with the key off after a reflash. Module reset commands are sent out over the vehicle network at the end of the flash, and rushing the key cycle can result in communication error codes as some modules are mid-reset. If it does happen again, as you described you can just do an ECU reset from the Troubleshooting menu of the Accessport and you'll be back up and running.

We of course want to make the reflashing experience as easy as possible, so if this does persist even with the extra wait time, give us a shout and we'll see what we can do to fix it!
Sponsored