Sponsored

COBB TUning Accessport for 2.0L Maverick!!!

pandamancer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are there any known incompatibilities with respect to having enabled some things with Forscan before flashing with the AP?

For example, I enabled all drive modes(have FX4, added back eco and sport modes) and enabled the Eco Coach in the dash display using Forscan and editing the specific flags related to these options.

I have not done any tuning or other adjustments beyond this, but I did see in the product documentation that you needed to be careful about loading the AP tunes on top of a "stock" ecu, which makes sense and is totally reasonable.

Secondarily, let's say I did need to revert to stock before flashing with the AP. Would I be able to go back in with Forscan after the AP flash to reenable the additional drive modes and options I set while still retaining the AP tune?
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are there any known incompatibilities with respect to having enabled some things with Forscan before flashing with the AP?

For example, I enabled all drive modes(have FX4, added back eco and sport modes) and enabled the Eco Coach in the dash display using Forscan and editing the specific flags related to these options.

I have not done any tuning or other adjustments beyond this, but I did see in the product documentation that you needed to be careful about loading the AP tunes on top of a "stock" ecu, which makes sense and is totally reasonable.

Secondarily, let's say I did need to revert to stock before flashing with the AP. Would I be able to go back in with Forscan after the AP flash to reenable the additional drive modes and options I set while still retaining the AP tune?
If it helps, the added drive modes via Forscan are not affected by the Cobb flash, and none of the OEM options should be impacted that I'm aware of. I've made tons of changes in Forscan, including adding Sport and Eco to my FX4 and the modes remained after the Cobb flash.

pandamancer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it helps, the added drive modes via Forscan are not affected by the Cobb flash, and none of the OEM options should be impacted that I'm aware of. I've made tons of changes in Forscan, including adding Sport and Eco to my FX4 and the modes remained after the Cobb flash.
This makes good sense to me, and sort of what I figured would be the case. Thanks for the anecdotal confirmation!

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I've added a bunch of stuff with forescan while being 5 star tuned. No issues.

Reactions: bgn

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

As others have mentioned, no known issues. I added in cruise control buttons to my personal XL Mav and have installed/uninstalled/reflashed my truck dozens of times.

Sponsored

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As others have mentioned, no known issues. I added in cruise control buttons to my personal XL Mav and have installed/uninstalled/reflashed my truck dozens of times.
You guys have any dragy times on the 93 or E50?

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You guys have any dragy times on the 93 or E50?
Stage1 93 OCT/COBB Sport TCM calibration is good for a 5.50 0-60 on a bone stock/full weight AWD Maverick XL. We've had some bad luck with track closures around Austin - Alamo City in San Antonio went bankrupt, and Little River Dragway hasn't had any test and tune events in a few months. We did some initial testing in the 1/4 mile earlier in the summer and saw a ~0.5s ET improvement and around ~4MPH improvement in trap. Once Little River opens up again, I'll take a truck out and get some final 1/4 mile numbers.

Since we aren't offering E30 or E50 tunes, I don't have any draggy data to share for that.

Romac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted to offer up my full week driving impressions on the 93 octane/sport TCM tune.

With full transparency - when I first rolled it out of the driveway and went around the block and punched it - I was like eh, it's ok. Stronger for sure but my mind was not blown. I think I had built this up in my head that the Maverick was going to become a monster in an instant, not fair to a stage 1 anything, but just off the hype.

But, this is through no fault of Cobb but more-so a matter of me having owned many sports/muscle cars back to back to back. I think my meter on something blowing me away is skewed, most recent driving experience being my full bolt on/cammed S197 for instance. A lot of things feel slower than they are to me these days.

So now after a full week on the 93/Sport tune at almost 400 miles, with my normal driving routes and routines, I am blown away. The truck just feels healthier. I don't know if theres a better way to put it. It literally feels like it runs smoother, it shifts better, it doesn't have as many of the awkward clunky stumbles that the 8speed had previously. It is stronger. I had played a couple times in it but I actually got a flat stretch of empty road the other night to turn on sport mode and actually launch the truck. Damn. It has a surge of power that just was not there before. The Mav was never a slow truck anyway but it really feels awake now, and comes on much faster than it did before.

But even considering those, the thing I'm most impressed with? My gas mileage. Somehow it got better. From Sunday through Thursday night onboard I was averaging about 31.2 mpg in my 70/30 highway/city work week. This is the best I had ever managed onboard. And I was driving in normal, before this I was getting 27.5-28 using eco mode. Fluctuating Kentucky temperatures and all. Actually I think I was on my way to getting the best mpg I ever had until Friday hit where I spent an hour in stop and go traffic, which brought it down to mid 30s. Hand calculated I was still at 30mpg on fill up yesterday. I'm awd, tow package for what it's worth.

So color me impressed and kudos to Cobb. I was day 1 purchaser on this stage 1, and I will be day 1 purchaser on anything else they decide to release for us moving forward..

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted to offer up my full week driving impressions on the 93 octane/sport TCM tune.

With full transparency - when I first rolled it out of the driveway and went around the block and punched it - I was like eh, it's ok. Stronger for sure but my mind was not blown. I think I had built this up in my head that the Maverick was going to become a monster in an instant, not fair to a stage 1 anything, but just off the hype.

But, this is through no fault of Cobb but more-so a matter of me having owned many sports/muscle cars back to back to back. I think my meter on something blowing me away is skewed, most recent driving experience being my full bolt on/cammed S197 for instance. A lot of things feel slower than they are to me these days.

So now after a full week on the 93/Sport tune at almost 400 miles, with my normal driving routes and routines, I am blown away. The truck just feels healthier. I don't know if theres a better way to put it. It literally feels like it runs smoother, it shifts better, it doesn't have as many of the awkward clunky stumbles that the 8speed had previously. It is stronger. I had played a couple times in it but I actually got a flat stretch of empty road the other night to turn on sport mode and actually launch the truck. Damn. It has a surge of power that just was not there before. The Mav was never a slow truck anyway but it really feels awake now, and comes on much faster than it did before.

But even considering those, the thing I'm most impressed with? My gas mileage. Somehow it got better. From Sunday through Thursday night onboard I was averaging about 31.2 mpg in my 70/30 highway/city work week. This is the best I had ever managed onboard. And I was driving in normal, before this I was getting 27.5-28 using eco mode. Fluctuating Kentucky temperatures and all. Actually I think I was on my way to getting the best mpg I ever had until Friday hit where I spent an hour in stop and go traffic, which brought it down to mid 30s. Hand calculated I was still at 30mpg on fill up yesterday. I'm awd, tow package for what it's worth.

So color me impressed and kudos to Cobb. I was day 1 purchaser on this stage 1, and I will be day 1 purchaser on anything else they decide to release for us moving forward..
Couldn't agree more with the 'feels healthier' sentiment. Completely anecdotally, the Stage 1 93 OCT + Sport TCM tune just 'feels' like the truck drives so much better and smoother. Very pleased thus far.

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Glad you're enjoying the tune! Something to note that is consistent with your initial impression of installing the tune and going for a quick drive around the block:

The multiplier associated with the octane learning system (Knock Octane Modifier, or KOM) will be limited to 0 until coolant temperature exceeds 170*F. Only after that will KOM hit +1 to add in additional ignition timing and boost. We've setup our calibration such that a significant portion of the power and torque gains occur only when the octane learning system has inferred high octane, so power will feel pretty close to stock until warmed up. These trucks take a decently long time to hit that temperature and the coolant gauge on the dash doesn't really offer any helpful indication of actual temperature, but you can always use the Accessport to measure coolant temperature and/or KOM.

Sponsored

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone wondering, this sadly isn’t available currently for the 2023 lineup. Tried to see if they could help me with my Accessport from the Focus ST I had. Believe it’s in development still according to Ryan at COBB.

I did order one of their Covercraft Windshield Sun Shields so guess that’s as close as I can get for now, lol.

COBB Tuning

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone wondering, this sadly isn’t available currently for the 2023 lineup. Tried to see if they could help me with my Accessport from the Focus ST I had. Believe it’s in development still according to Ryan at COBB.

I did order one of their Covercraft Windshield Sun Shields so guess that’s as close as I can get for now, lol.
23 Maverick/Tremor support is in progress, shouldn't be much longer!

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
23 Maverick/Tremor support is in progress, shouldn't be much longer!
Can’t wait! What is usually involved in the year changes? Licensing? Or is there usually big changes in the “code?”

just curious but literally can’t wait!