Sponsored

COBB TUning Accessport for 2.0L Maverick!!!

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm interested in this

"This version of the Accessport includes the capability to flash the TCM which is the unit that controls the transmission. It includes various Off The Shelf transmission tunes which adjust shift points, shift firmness, skip shift behavior, and torque limits to fit your preferred driving style."

I was not aware of any other tunes to the TCU, would love a review noting the shifting differences between this and stock.
I asked that very question in a FB group yesterday and someone responded that SCT does reflash the TCM. I am surprised to hear that given that trucks seem to still have boost limits in 1st gear that basically prevent a launch control type of mode (or any kind of aggressive launch).

The guy doing the fastest 60' times right now (that I've seen) has said that his secret is to brake torque very briefly, and when the tach sweeps up the first time he releases the brake before 3k rpm. It's the opposite of a good AWD turbo launch.

z28th1s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT, '72 Maverick, '87 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it worth swapping a JB4 out for this?
Tuners are like everything in life...everyone has an opinion or preference. In my experience using Cobb AP products on Subarus they are hands-down worth it and the best ECU flash product on the market - of course, it also depends on HOW it is used, OTS Cobb tunes, custom tunes, etc.

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if COBB can activate an accessport from another ecoboost Ford to work on the MAverick. I still have my accessport from my Focus RS, so it's really convenient to just get it updated/flashed to work with the Mav, hjopefully at a reduced cost of some kind. I need to ask them..

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do i understand SCT has a tune for a Maverick?do they use the same tuner that they used in the late nineties?

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only thing that really concerns me about the cob is that they're boasting nearly twice the horsepower increase of every other tuner on the market. Other tuners said that 50 to 60 horsepower was basically the safe limit for the turbo before it started over working, so how do they get 91 horsepower?

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The only thing that really concerns me about the cob is that they're boasting nearly twice the horsepower increase of every other tuner on the market. Other tuners said that 50 to 60 horsepower was basically the safe limit for the turbo before it started over working, so how do they get 91 horsepower?

Maybe I missed it but where do you see 91HP gain? I see 91 Octane and 93 for the reference on the graphs and looks like 253 whp vs 226 whp on 93 vs stock

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

respectfully, you're reading the dyno chart incorrectly in some way. probably seeing 91 octane, if I had to guess.

there is more detail here:
https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/2790621185/Map+Notes+for+Maverick

the numbers they are quoting at at the wheels on their Mustang AWD dyno. you could do some math to work backwards to an estimated hp at the crankshaft if you wanted to do that for some reason. you'll get an estimate somewhere in the 20-30 hp range so that is probably a similar number to what other tuners are getting.

regarding JB4 it is just intercepting 3 values and tricking the stock ecu map, and it does nothing for the tcm. (there's a description of what Cobb does with the tcm in the link above.) it supposedly is invisible but I would not be surprised if the onboard telematics can see and log what JB4 is doing.

long story short if you are using any kind of tune besides one sold & supported by FoMoCo expect no warranty coverage if you have issues. and you probably won't have issues, but just know the risks. (I had an AccessPort V1 on a '03 Evo for over 60k miles problem-free.)

Last edited:

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went back and reread it and you guys are completely right. I read it wrong

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All good. I just wanted to confirm I hadnt missed anything myself. One of the things I noticed is most of the current tunes list for 93 octane and locally, 91 is the common premium option available, so this Cobb tune is perfect for me.

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my Power Module Return Authorization today...packing that up and exchanging for the Cobb soon!

R785_2022

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I flashed the Cobb Stage 1 Sport TCM earlier today. It’s snowing here now and I don’t feel like ending up in a ditch. Just around town it feels lighter revving, spool seems to be quicker and gradually increases boost. Shifts are much smoother than the 5star tune I was running. It feels like this tune is better at deciphering what your foot is doing with the throttle.
Sponsored