First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I own two Vespas and also often adjust the mirrors so I'm not staring at my elbows.
I think the biggest mirror on my scoots (I have two as well) is best suited for a dentist
Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think the biggest mirror on my scoots (I have two as well) is best suited for a dentist
Another “mirror” question……..
Are there turn-signal flashers on the side mirrors. So the guy in your blind spot (too far forward to see your tail lights, too far back to see your headlights) can see your intentions?

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Living in a rural area I don’t really want the lane keeping assist. There’s a lot of times where you have to drive in the center of the road to avoid trees, animals, etc. last thing I need is it jerking me back over into something I’m trying to avoid.
That and adaptive cruise can be a menace on city highways too. I would have paid extra to remove them.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My last vehicle had the Blindspot monitoring and cross traffic alerts.
I never realized how nice it is to have these features.
Didn't matter how long I've driven without them. They do wonders at avoiding accidents.

I went back in and added the 360 to my build.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve never had these systems on any of my cars. The newest car I’ve owned was my 2012 F150 eco/Lariat and that didn’t have anything like this. I ordered but not sure what to expect.

Reactions: TCK

Sponsored

OP
OP
TCK

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve never had these systems on any of my cars. The newest car I’ve owned was my 2012 F150 eco/Lariat and that didn’t have anything like this. I ordered but not sure what to expect.
Might want to drive something with these features- seems the field is split on it. I drove about 900 miles with Honda’s version…not knowing at all how to turn it off (dads CRV) and found it pretty un-nerving at times. I like parts of it and have to admit blind spot was great, but seeing the Maverick pictures coming out, there is not a lot of blind spot (mind you I have never sat in a Maverick). Would also be nice for pulling out of parking around behemoths, as my little Honda Fit is a bit tough in those situations. Again, this “small” truck will be a lot bigger than what I currently drive, so I figured it might fair a little better and decided to leave it off.
That said- fairly certain my next car will have it and it will no longer be optional. I will wait until then. Still getting used to a back up camera ;)

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, my dad had something similar in his CR-V and when I drove the car it annoyed me to no end. Anyway, I see so many of you commenting that you need it…what am I missing here? Why are there so many posts that mention this as the necessary add on?
yed

I have most of these features on my 2013 Fusion Titanium. I use cruise control everywhere I possibly can. Wish everyone else would. If we could all set our cruise to the same speed, life would go so much smoother.
Recently did a 3000 mile trip driving my wife's Cadillac XT4 which does not have adaptive cruise. What a terrible experience. I wouldn't buy a car without Adaptive Cruise. I was annoyed that I had to go up to Lariat to get it. It think it ought to be an available option with the rest of the safety features on lower trims.
Phil Hybrid Lariat Lux Velocity Blue (someday, I hope)

So, my dad had something similar in his CR-V and when I drove the car it annoyed me to no end. Anyway, I see so many of you commenting that you need it…what am I missing here? Why are there so many posts that mention this as the necessary add on?

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might want to drive something with these features- seems the field is split on it. I drove about 900 miles with Honda’s version…not knowing at all how to turn it off (dads CRV) and found it pretty un-nerving at times. I like parts of it and have to admit blind spot was great, but seeing the Maverick pictures coming out, there is not a lot of blind spot (mind you I have never sat in a Maverick). Would also be nice for pulling out of parking around behemoths, as my little Honda Fit is a bit tough in those situations. Again, this “small” truck will be a lot bigger than what I currently drive, so I figured it might fair a little better and decided to leave it off.
That said- fairly certain my next car will have it and it will no longer be optional. I will wait until then. Still getting used to a back up camera ;)
Nah, the fact I can turn it off is good enough for me. I’m also not a young driver anymore, it will be a learning curve for sure though.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's it, except you also get a full size spare tire if ordering a hybrid. (and it allows you to order the sliding rear window if ordering an XL)
Isn't the full size spare part of the XLT Lux package? For those ordering that package it would not be relevant to Copilot 360.

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I check my blind spots and am attentive but I figure does not hurt to have that extra feature just in case if it prevents something at least once it will have been worth it. I never had it but it's available so why not.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another “mirror” question……..
Are there turn-signal flashers on the side mirrors. So the guy in your blind spot (too far forward to see your tail lights, too far back to see your headlights) can see your intentions?
No, it appears not on any trim.

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
I'm a firm believer in having as much information as possible. Better to be redundant in your safety than to be dead wrong. Dead and wrong.

Assisted cruise is nice as well, and I use my blinker on dirt roads with no one for miles around, so lane centering shouldn't be a problem unless it just gets a wonky reading on the pavement.

OP
OP
TCK

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a firm believer in having as much information as possible. Better to be redundant in your safety than to be dead wrong. Dead and wrong.

Assisted cruise is nice as well, and I use my blinker on dirt roads with no one for miles around, so lane centering shouldn't be a problem unless it just gets a wonky reading on the pavement.
Hahaha- I do the same with my blinkers. Comes from 30 years on two wheels knowing no one can see you. Makes you do all you can to be seen fast.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had these safety features on most cars in the past 5-7 years. There are some that can be annoying (the Forte beeps if you cross lane markings), but our Genesis simply applies a little correction without making noise.

It appears that Ford's lane assist stuff can be customized. You can get assist with no alert, which makes it almost transparent. Anyone who says the car swerves/jerks you back over is really exaggerating.. the corrections made are mild. I recently drove a 2020 Escape SEL with these same features and it was basically transparent.

Stop/Go ACC also saves a lot of fatigue in heavy traffic. These systems have came a long way in recent years.

I wish the Lariat Lux had a 360 camera. Otherwise I think the safety features are well worth the cost.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I had these features on my Tacoma. I didn’t order the 360 because I had all this stuff shut off on my Tacoma. The lane keep alert was annoying, and I NEVER change lanes without physically looking first. I am scared of the drivers we are becoming when backing up we are so focused on a screen, we are not paying attention to what is around us.
Sponsored