David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, there will be a number where that tips the balance. However, if the line has been bogged down for hours on a large fleet order, that's still a poor move when there are multiple high end customer orders that could have been built during the same time period. At the end of the day, it gets down to $ per hour of operation, rather than $ per vehicle.
Totally agree. But this is Ford’s planning and scheduling department

Ford Maverick Clean-Up Scheduling for week of 1/26/23 D964883A-6F0A-400B-9194-885071E1D88B
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually Ford is likely making the same amount on a Fleet XL ( could this be why they constrained XL retail orders?) as they would a retail XL. While fleet sales can get direct non retail incentives I am thinking that isn't happening on the Maverick fleet orders. That we agree to build and ship them in a certain time frame is likely the "deal" a Fleet buyer is getting. Dealers often make less on Fleet deals, but volume and ease of handling each deal is what makes it worthwhile. I still have contacts in true fleet sales, they are still pretty much at retail price on fleet sales.
In addition. Ford wants the fleet buyers to standardize on the Maverick. If Ford turns them away now, they will select another vehicle to standardize on. Then in the future, when Ford increases capacity or the retail sales slack off, they will continue to get yearly Mav fleet sales since the companies have standardized on it rather than another brand.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In addition. Ford wants the fleet buyers to standardize on the Maverick. If Ford turns them away now, they will select another vehicle to standardize on. Then in the future, when Ford increases capacity or the retail sales slack off, they will continue to get yearly Mav fleet sales since the companies have standardized on it rather than another brand.
Understand. But EB orders would have mostly been scheduled in two months and Ford is (on paper) increasing production by 50% in July. Seems to me any EB fleet orders could have waited. Now, if they ate up all their hybrid capacity on fleet orders...

Ford Maverick Clean-Up Scheduling for week of 1/26/23 giphy

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Understand. But EB orders would have mostly been scheduled in two months and Ford is (on paper) increasing production by 50% in July. Seems to me any EB fleet orders could have waited. Now, if they ate up all their hybrid capacity on fleet orders...

giphy.gif
Yes, its maddening, I'm one of those waiting on a Hybrid XL, with hitch unicorn. But Ford could care less about FIFO orders.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ah, well, if you can't figure out why your XL hasn't been scheduled, here you go...
Yeah that probably also explains why the XL build capacity is so low. Ford wants them to go to Fleet, not customers.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah that probably also explains why the XL build capacity is so low. Ford wants them to go to Fleet, not customers.
And that may make sense. If all of the fleet orders are indeed XL, then it is not impacting the XLT and Lariat retail order scheduling (unless the fleet orders are scheduled first and eat up all the hybrid capacity). Ford only plans for 15% of their capacity to be XL. In theory 85% of their capacity would be non-fleet orders. The only ones being impacted by this are the XL orders.

But that still raises the question why Ford doesn't have that listed on their constraint list. If the bulk of the XL capacity is going to fleet, wouldn't Ford want to encourage customers to upgrade to XLT?

Ford Maverick Clean-Up Scheduling for week of 1/26/23 1674589686839

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
can’t wait for my prio 10 only tremor at my dealer to be passed up again :)

*maybe if I jinx it I’ll get scheduled*

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

can’t wait for my prio 10 only tremor at my dealer to be passed up again :)

*maybe if I jinx it I’ll get scheduled*
Sheeeit Im priority 12 Tremor!

Cmcbee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stripped my XLT Hybrid order. Now barebone.

Hoping for good news..
Let me know if you get results. I’m considering doing the same but don’t want to pay 300.00 for a hitch if I can get it for 100.00 when it’s built. However, if removing it will get the truck HERE, I might consider it!

Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer tells me they have 2 allocations remaining for this month. 🙏

Cmcbee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My bare boned Hybrid XLT + Hitch & inverter ordered 12/10/21 has been built and is in body shop today 1/24/23🥰
Gees and only a year and a half of waiting to get it…,ordered mine 9/2022. I think I’ll just drink and cry…

Last edited:
OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And that may make sense. If all of the fleet orders are indeed XL, then it is not impacting the XLT and Lariat retail order scheduling (unless the fleet orders are scheduled first and eat up all the hybrid capacity). Ford only plans for 15% of their capacity to be XL. In theory 85% of their capacity would be non-fleet orders. The only ones being impacted by this are the XL orders.

But that still raises the question why Ford doesn't have that listed on their constraint list. If the bulk of the XL capacity is going to fleet, wouldn't Ford want to encourage customers to upgrade to XLT?

1674589686839.png
Letting these constraint lists get out might be their way of letting customers know they should get XLTs. They show only 15% so it shows they don't want to make them. They can't tell everyone to do it, because they need to advertise the lowest hybrid truck price even if they don't want people to buy it.

Hrenklin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
WIll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's like buying at Costco. Yes, it is cheaper per item, but the Costco's profits increase as you are buying more. Also economics of scale makes their cost be lower. I would guess that 1 hybrid lariat retail order has less profit than 100 XL EB fleet vehicles for example.
correction, costco makes their money mostly from memberships, thats why they can provide such a low price point on the bulk items. now mind you there is soem proffit there, but signifigantly less
Sponsored