2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Per Tommy on FB, looks like only cleanup scheduling this week.

Ford Maverick Clean-Up Scheduling for week of 1/26/23 FB_IMG_1674580928767
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The note about only scheduling retail orders raises questions....

Best case: Allocations or no, if you have no retail orders that fit the holes, you won't get any vehicles scheduled.

Worst case: A bunch of fleet and stock orders have been taking up capacity to date... which would somewhat explain why the predicted order ratio is a good deal off.

Edit: Seems to be the latter, annoyingly.

Last edited:

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know everyone likes to see a full month of new scheduling. But clean up scheduling is a good sign. It means they have been able to produce more not less than they originally planned for the previously scheduled period.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The note about only scheduling retail orders raises questions....

Best case: Allocations or no, if you have no retail orders that fit the holes, you won't get any vehicles scheduled.

Worst case: A bunch of fleet and stock orders have been taking up capacity to date... which would somewhat explain why the predicted order ratio is a good deal off.
I've seen a number of posts on FB of what looks like fleet orders on lots, so my guess is that's what has happened.

Pwoodward

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Sport Wagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am sure this will not be what occurs, Seems that last few weeks not been accurate. :)

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen a number of posts on FB of what looks like fleet orders on lots, so my guess is that's what has happened.
Well, that's stupid unless Ford has some fleet contract they have to abide by which would trump their retail plans. Ford already doesn't have enough capacity to build the orders they have and fleet contracts tend to be for less than what retail will pay. I just don't understand why they would want to waste capacity on lower-profit fleet orders when the more profitable retail orders are filled beyond what they can build.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I stripped my XLT Hybrid order. Now barebone.

Hoping for good news..
Mine's been stripped for awhile now, still nothing. I've just resigned myself to drinking every Thursday afternoon. And I don't really drink, so it's Gatorade, but STILL!! 😆😆

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, that's stupid unless Ford has some fleet contract they have to abide by which would trump their retail plans. Ford already doesn't have enough capacity to build the orders they have and fleet contracts tend to be for less than what retail will pay. I just don't understand why they would want to waste capacity on lower-profit fleet orders when the more profitable retail orders are filled beyond what they can build.
Here's one from a couple weeks ago. Definitely looks like fleet to me. Hopefully they are Ecoboost at least.
Ford Maverick Clean-Up Scheduling for week of 1/26/23 mavf

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

More than just legal contracts, the money making in fleet orders is the quantity. A retail order might only get 1-2 vehicles for a few years, but a business buys in bulk and offer repeat business.

It's like buying at Costco. Yes, it is cheaper per item, but the Costco's profits increase as you are buying more. Also economics of scale makes their cost be lower. I would guess that 1 hybrid lariat retail order has less profit than 100 XL EB fleet vehicles for example.

Sponsored

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually Ford is likely making the same amount on a Fleet XL ( could this be why they constrained XL retail orders?) as they would a retail XL. While fleet sales can get direct non retail incentives I am thinking that isn't happening on the Maverick fleet orders. That we agree to build and ship them in a certain time frame is likely the "deal" a Fleet buyer is getting. Dealers often make less on Fleet deals, but volume and ease of handling each deal is what makes it worthwhile. I still have contacts in true fleet sales, they are still pretty much at retail price on fleet sales.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh well. It might come one day.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would guess that 1 hybrid lariat retail order has less profit than 100 XL EB fleet vehicles for example.
Yes, there will be a number where that tips the balance. However, if the line has been bogged down for hours on a large fleet order, that's still a poor move when there are multiple high end customer orders that could have been built during the same time period. At the end of the day, it gets down to $ per hour of operation, rather than $ per vehicle.

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stripped my XLT Hybrid order. Now barebone.

Hoping for good news..
This is what my optimistic self say, but my pessimistic self - often correct in terms of ford being incompetent - say this is most likely going to be the last time we see any major hybrid orders scheduled..

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's one from a couple weeks ago. Definitely looks like fleet to me. Hopefully they are Ecoboost at least.
mavf.jpg
Ah, well, if you can't figure out why your XL hasn't been scheduled, here you go...
Sponsored