First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, so this really begs the question ... doesn't the Maverick already have a dimming rear-view mirror or are people interested in this because of the HomeLink feature and the compass?
It does not have an auto dimmer, just the old manual flip lever style (which some prefer).
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just purchased this for under $20 for anyone else interested. This seems to be a pretty generic gentex mirror that comes standard on numerous vehicles. Auto-dimming, homelink, compass.

https://www.kia.parts/oem-parts/kia-auto-dimming-mirror-with-homelink-and-compass-2t062adu01

Another purchase link (posted by @petertuna):
https://www.mykiaparts.com/oem-parts/kia-auto-dimming-mirror-with-homelink-and-compass-2t062adu01
Note: the first link takes you to where the product is listed as discontinued and unable to purchase. Use the second link.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, so this really begs the question ... doesn't the Maverick already have a dimming rear-view mirror or are people interested in this because of the HomeLink feature and the compass?
Maverick has a manual dimming function.

I like this for the auto dimming and the HomeLink. Not having to keep a garage door opener in the car is a nice feature. The compass is cool, might make me more generally aware of the direction I'm driving I guess.

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does not have an auto dimmer, just the old manual flip lever style (which some prefer).
Thank you for the head's up. Another misstep by the Ford engineers. I mean seriously, how much more would this add to the sticker price? Anyway, I went ahead and ordered one. I should get my Mav in a couple weeks (about the same time the mirror will arrive, lol). I might try to install despite the uncharted territory of the Maverick.

sophiam

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sophia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See first link below, shows this part (the mirror) comes with wiring.

I ordered one through the mykiaparts site even though I just bought a panoramic view mirror that I like. May have to figure out who can install this one on my Maverick XLT, cause I don't know how difficult it may be but if anyone wants to help a girl out, please load a how-to video (and tag me)!
Did a quick Google search for the part number and came up with several sites, some would have been cheaper in shipping for me but it's all good. First site below shows more photos and the wiring it comes with. Is this all that's needed to install?

https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-part...kSqfrNDUY0wvv4QeHrEQPViOOR0t_VchoCskAQAvD_BwE

https://www.kiaautoparts.com/oem-pa...mmxBPT-grCpAxQHt5tLnVpy3Nv9615JRoCVe8QAvD_BwE

Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror maverick1

Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror maverick

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick has a manual dimming function.

I like this for the auto dimming and the HomeLink. Not having to keep a garage door opener in the car is a nice feature. The compass is cool I guess, might make me more generally aware of the direction I'm driving I guess.
I agree. A separate garage opener can be lost or misplaced and having a manual dimmer would make me think I was in the original 1977 Maverick. You certainly can't beat the price. Let's just hope they'll work (I don't see why not at this point), otherwise we'll see a surplus on eBay. :)

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See first link below, shows this part (the mirror) comes with wiring.

I ordered one through the mykiaparts site even though I just bought a panoramic view mirror that I like. May have to figure out who can install this one on my Maverick XLT, cause I don't know how difficult it may be but if anyone wants to help a girl out, please load a how-to video (and tag me)!
Did a quick Google search for the part number and came up with several sites, some would have been cheaper in shipping for me but it's all good. First site below shows more photos and the wiring it comes with. Is this all that's needed to install?

https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-part...kSqfrNDUY0wvv4QeHrEQPViOOR0t_VchoCskAQAvD_BwE

https://www.kiaautoparts.com/oem-pa...mmxBPT-grCpAxQHt5tLnVpy3Nv9615JRoCVe8QAvD_BwE

maverick1.png

maverick.png
Very helpful. Thanks, Sophia.

Deleted member 9167

+1 for another purchase. ~$23 after shipping for me. I am really only interested in the HomeLink function, but this is a nice, complete package. Will be watching this thread with baited breath...

txmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6 speed manual
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is to confirm that order #42844 has been canceled, and a refund of $19.54 has been processed. It may take 2-5 business days for the refund to reflect on your billing statement.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp. Just got cancellation notice. Are all orders cancelled ie anyone NOT get one?

Sponsored

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok. My order from Kia.parts was cancelled. Just placed an order with my.Kia.parts

let’s hope it doesn’t get cancelled.

those of you whose orders were NOt cancelled... where did you purchase from?

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would recommend wiring the home link to ignition (or accessory) 12v.
That way someone cannot break in and just open your garage door; if parked in driveway.
You will have you Mav running 99.9% of the time you need to open & close the garage door.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Welp. Just got cancellation notice. Are all orders cancelled ie anyone NOT get one?
The backend, tracking stock and taking orders, probably couldn’t keep up with all of you😄

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is to confirm that order #42844 has been canceled, and a refund of $19.54 has been processed. It may take 2-5 business days for the refund to reflect on your billing statement.
I received the same notice as well. I guess we all bought too many!
Sponsored