First Name
LeGrand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my pig tails needed to build out my plug and play harnesses!

IMG_20230518_185657_929.jpg

I'll also have 5 mirrors in a few days so I can build 5 complete kits mirror and all.
I have 8 pre-orders already in the works and enough supplies for 20 total right now.
I'll properly post links for purchase once I get things built, (in accordance to forum rules).

I'm still working out pricing, a purchasing platform, and shipping costs.
Mike, do you still have any of these kits? I would love a complete kit for my 23 Lariat.
Sponsored

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have to drop a line here for Mike. Got his harness a few weeks ago and just installed it. Literally took 3 minutes to pop off the module cover, the sunglasses case and clip in the harness. Tucks in nicely and NO modification of the covers are needed to seat properly. Thank you again Mike.

Sorry it took awhile to get this installed. Life.

Mike's Harness and simply his knowledge are A+! My 100 Miles a day commuting at night/morning (graveyard shift,) just got sooo much better with the auto-dimming!

StephanWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have to drop a line here for Mike. Got his harness a few weeks ago and just installed it. Literally took 3 minutes to pop off the module cover, the sunglasses case and clip in the harness. Tucks in nicely and NO modification of the covers are needed to seat properly. Thank you again Mike.

Sorry it took awhile to get this installed. Life.

Mike's Harness and simply his knowledge are A+! My 100 Miles a day commuting at night/morning (graveyard shift,) just got sooo much better with the auto-dimming!

Thanks for the update. I haven't had a chance to get to it either. When you say sunglass case, do you mean just the case, and not the whole light assembly/case area? The videos I've seen remove the whole thing. Did you just have to remove the case?

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mike, do you still have any of these kits? I would love a complete kit for my 23 Lariat.
I won't be makings kits right now, but I may be making more harnesses. PM if you want a harness.

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the update. I haven't had a chance to get to it either. When you say sunglass case, do you mean just the case, and not the whole light assembly/case area? The videos I've seen remove the whole thing. Did you just have to remove the case?
Whole assembly. Tuck in the harness and connectors into the headliner back behind the rectangular outlets you’ll see where the harness originally clips into the sunglasses assembly.

Sponsored

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

PSA - PMs create their own alerts. Announcing the PM on a public thread just alerts everyone else who follows the thread. In other words- it's not necessary to follow up here as well. Enjoy your new harnesses though! It's a great mod.

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I won't be makings kits right now, but I may be making more harnesses. PM if you want a harness.
Mike,

Got the harness quickly, thank you. Works great. Then I decided to mod it.

Noticed it is wired to the hot battery bus. Is it better to use the switched power?

I am going to add a 12v to 5v to USB female for a dashcam, so I cut the harness apart and moved the outer-most pin to switched power.

Maybe you already looked at that and decided it wasn't necessary. On the Lariat, the truck seems to power up at any excuse.

Last edited:

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All, I'm on much needed vacation for a week, so I may not respond to PM's. I've been absolutely flooded with PM's and can't get to everyone right away. In the next few weeks I'll be able to build a final 25 harnesses. I'll post on the marketplace once available.
PLEASE don't PM to ask for a harness unless you live outside the 48 Contiguous states or have a special request.

Last edited:
Sponsored

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mike,

Got the harness quickly, thank you. Works great. Then I decided to mod it.

Noticed it is wired to the hot battery bus. Is it better to use the switched power?

I am going to add a 12v to 5v to USB female for a dashcam, so I cut the harness apart and moved the outer-most pin to switched power.

Maybe you already looked at that and decided it wasn't necessary. On the Lariat, the truck seems to power up at any excuse.
I have my cam wired in the the same wiring pins and works great. The mirror does stay on for a while after power off, but that was the design so you can still close your garage door after power off.

grod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey guys,
There are multiple KIA mirrors available from $11 and up. Are there specific model #'s that work for this mod? Any that don't?

Mike,
If your watching the thread, will your harness work with any or just a specific one?

Thanks to the group for any insights

Moops

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally got around to changing out my mirror last night. Super easy, largely thanks to @mikeakasully and his wiring adapter.

The hardest part was removing the first black housing (which felt like something was surely going to break). Best upgrade I’ve made to a vehicle for under $50!

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed the mirror yesterday in just over an hour not counting 30 minutes of you tube research.
I am very happy with the results, I have always wanted a garage door opener built into the car. You would think a First addition Lariat would have included this option but in the end I enjoy making this kind of upgrade after driving the car for a year.