Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I like your method for sure. How about a jumper mod like this? No splicing needed then and can add a pin to empty spot on oem harness to power it? Been used before on Motorcycles to bypass manufacturers US horsepower restrictions to unlock more horsepower. Personally used this on my own motorcycle to unlock more horsepower.
That would work if just trying to connect two pins. I was trying to splice without touching the factory wires. End up with this (someday I will make a post, but swamped with FIRST Robotics season right now):
Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror 8011E908-34E3-4B1C-96FB-152014124A97

One of those is going to the mirror and the other to homelink. I didn’t use the Kia mirror, already had a Fusion mirror.
Sponsored

Eber1988

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror BBED2FBD-64F1-40D2-A2D9-AC1B7ACE4ABA

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am thinking about getting another overhead console harness from Ford so that I can tap into the wire without touching the original.

Does anyone know the part number of the original harness? I have been searching for the part number but I couldn't find it.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am thinking about getting another overhead console harness from Ford so that I can tap into the wire without touching the original.

Does anyone know the part number of the original harness? I have been searching for the part number but I couldn't find it.
I would think that harness would run all the way down the pillar. Either way, it doubt it would be cheap.

Finkp99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Personally I used the purple/white wire as per your method and found it causes the mirror to shut off along with other switch illumination on the same circuit when backlighting setting is turned down below a certain point. Original here.
Quick question.. on the XLT with lux package.. I turned the dome lights on and tried the dim the dashback lights.. Dome lights stayed on.. did not dim.. no affect

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quick question.. on the XLT with lux package.. I turned the dome lights on and tried the dim the dashback lights.. Dome lights stayed on.. did not dim.. no affect
Not the map lights themselves but the backlight for buttons like if they turn off when the doors open, etc. Also it has to be dark (the dimming has slightly different modes for day/night). Even then it sometimes wasn't immediate. It would take a couple of minutes before the backlight circuit cut off.

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Juanderosa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got mine in. Similar Kia mirror. Similar price (under $25 shipped). The wiring is a challenge. Some of the pictures show the map light harness coming out on the drivers side (so it appears to have some slack) but it actually connects on the passenger side with about an inch less slack. Took me about 15 minutes to get it in the right spot. I like how it looks.

Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror 6BF4F100-44A8-467F-88E8-E544535ECCAD

dougment

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, I was able to install the Kia Mirror and tap into the wiring harness for the Dome lights. I watched a video on YouTube, and in the video, I watch the person telling which wires to use... Complete success. Had to make a run to O'Riely's to get wire connectors.

There are three "clips" holding the black cover on.
54D35080-240F-4074-85FA-EE52F70346A9_1_105_c.jpeg

6E481F50-A582-4E7D-8F14-E8107979AA9C_1_105_c.jpeg

The second photo shows there is a "tether" connector that holds the panel (I couldn't figure out how to undo it)

We also took the cover/panel for the Dome light (I have a sunroof) down and disconnected the wires. I tapped into the wires for the dome light. The video I found did the same thing on another Ford vehicle and the same wires were there...

BE549D81-4210-4BBE-849B-F273EA0B27E3_1_105_c.jpeg

The black wire is your ground, the Purple wire is your (switch power) Yellow/green (last write on your right) wire is your constant power.

15AEEA64-CF26-4960-9834-E63871AA6612_1_105_c.jpeg

I used about a foot of the wire that came with the mirror, it was over kill but when everything is tucked back in place there is plenty of space.

20CD805E-BAED-4D19-8B1F-ACA36A32CF08_1_105_c.jpeg

In this photo you can see the green light is on the mirror, so the mirror is getting power. VERY simple and easy... Truly I could do this in about 25 minutes from start to finish.

1ACDCC5A-0135-4DE1-A902-1425BF5683CF_1_105_c.jpeg

Completely put back together looks factory.

4ED45F25-0C9E-41EE-90A1-16B1020878DE_1_105_c.jpeg

Took a picture once the Mirror was calibrated to show the compass. Now, I need to program the homelink.

Can't believe how inexpensive this was from Kia.....

23A999F3-9779-4B59-8254-F77D3E430585_1_105_c.jpeg

This is what I used to connect with the wiring harness.....

@Dad
Like others have stated, thank you for your detailed description of how to do this! I just finished installing my mirror and it's working great. The only problem is that when the key is not in the ignition (truck is off) the homelink button still opens the garage door. Is it possible that I reversed the two power wires? (Like your installation, the purple wire from the Maverick is attached to the black-with-white-stripe wire from the mirror wiring harness)

I've also read that there's a period of time (12 minutes?) after the Maverick is turned off that the switched power is still 'on'. Is that right?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like others have stated, thank you for your detailed description of how to do this! I just finished installing my mirror and it's working great. The only problem is that when the key is not in the ignition (truck is off) the homelink button still opens the garage door. Is it possible that I reversed the two power wires? (Like your installation, the purple wire from the Maverick is attached to the black-with-white-stripe wire from the mirror wiring harness)

I've also read that there's a period of time (12 minutes?) after the Maverick is turned off that the switched power is still 'on'. Is that right?

Thanks!
The mirror will go dark after a period of time.

J-Dub

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! Yes, no sunroof. From other messages on this thread, wires are the same color-wise. Meaning that from the cabin lights connector the purple wire (switch power) goes with black/white on your mirror, yellow/green (constant power) goes with black and the black/blue (ground) goes with the other black. Hope this helps!

wiring.jpg
Hey!

This was a GREAT picture for determining which wire is which. HOWEVER, (WARNING!) Whoop, whoop, whoop . . . THIS PICTURE IS REVERSED (Mirror image (no pun intended), Backwards, whatever you want to call it . . .) (Either that or my Maverick was built backwards.) In other words, if I hold MY plug up, oriented in this direction (with the snap-in-clip facing me, wires up), the ground pin/wire is on the left.

How did I figure this out? Well, without going into too much detail, let's just say my Mav has a new nickname. Previously, we called it "Sparkle" due to the rock chip I managed to pick up in the windshield whilst driving through Tennessee less than 24 hours after I picked up the new truck. That always sounded a little feminine to me anyway. Now we just call 'er "Sparky". So much better. More soldering tomorrow.

By the way, this mirror is still available. Got mine just a couple of days ago from kiaautoparts.com. Part # A7062-ADUP1. $12.59 plus $9.25 shipping for me. https://www.kiaautoparts.com/oem-parts/kia-ec-mirror-w-compass-a7062adup1

Last edited:

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey!

This was a GREAT picture for determining which wire is which. HOWEVER, (WARNING!) Whoop, whoop, whoop . . . THIS PICTURE IS REVERSED (Mirror image (no pun intended), Backwards, whatever you want to call it . . .) (Either that or my Maverick was built backwards.) In other words, if I hold MY plug up, oriented in this direction (with the snap-in-clip facing me, wires up), the ground pin/wire is on the left.

How did I figure this out? Well, without going into too much detail, let's just say my Mav has a new nickname. Previously, we called it "Sparkle" due to the rock chip I managed to pick up in the windshield whilst driving through Tennessee less than 24 hours after I picked up the new truck. That always sounded a little feminine to me anyway. Now we just call 'er "Sparky". So much better. More soldering tomorrow.

By the way, this mirror is still available. Got mine just a couple of days ago from kiaautoparts.com. Part # A7062-ADUP1. $12.59 plus $9.25 shipping for me. https://www.kiaautoparts.com/oem-parts/kia-ec-mirror-w-compass-a7062adup1
It shouldn't matter which way the plug is photographed, the color of the wires is what is important.

J-Dub

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It shouldn't matter which way the plug is photographed, the color of the wires is what is important.
Hi-

Yes, you are absolutely right! IF it's only important to you to know which wires to tap into, then it really doesn't matter which way the plug is photographed. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear when the first thing I said was "this was a GREAT picture for determining which wire is which".

However, if, like "Mabcim" and others who have also provided wonderful posts in this thread have described, you want to create an OEM-like harness to make your new mirror "plug and play", then you need to be aware that this photo is reversed. The only reason I posted this was (not to complain at all, but) to warn others that if you're making a new plug, this photo is reversed SO YOU WON'T BE TEMPTED TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE.

Again, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just trying to help.

(BTW- The last part of my post was not meant to be bragging. Just trying to be of help.)

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi-

Yes, you are absolutely right! IF it's only important to you to know which wires to tap into, then it really doesn't matter which way the plug is photographed. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear when the first thing I said was "this was a GREAT picture for determining which wire is which".

However, if, like "Mabcim" and others who have also provided wonderful posts in this thread have described, you want to create an OEM-like harness to make your new mirror "plug and play", then you need to be aware that this photo is reversed. The only reason I posted this was (not to complain at all, but) to warn others that if you're making a new plug, this photo is reversed SO YOU WON'T BE TEMPTED TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE.

Again, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just trying to help.

(BTW- The last part of my post was not meant to be bragging. Just trying to be of help.)
No problem, but not everyone is as OCD as others when it comes to how factory tapping into the wires look.
Sponsored