Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Avid Ceramid user..have done 3 cars and 1 motorcycle in the last 3 yrs. Works great on all glass also, but wears off on windshield quicker but still works well. {example to the left}.
Looks great, I‘m testing a new glass ceramic on the Mav. I’m told it should last two years, but we will see. Tricky to get glass spotless and to buff out all streaks. I had to move the car out to the sun to identify all flaws.

on average how long does it take you to complete a vehicle from start to finish?

https://www.element119.com/glass-coating.html
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great, I‘m testing a new glass ceramic on the Mav. I’m told it should last two years, but we will see. Tricky to get glass spotless and to buff out all streaks. I had to move the car out to the sun to identify all flaws.

on average how long does it take you to complete a vehicle from start to finish?

https://www.element119.com/glass-coating.html
There are ceramic coatings for Glass, but I have just used the same ceramic coating for glass and it seems to work really well. Have a good friend that is a real pro at ceramic coatings and his advice, wash entire care, including crevices with Dawn Soap, and I dry with my leaf blower and micro-fiber rags, buy a kit that includes everything, (except the Wax/Tar Remover) that has worked well for me.

The secrets are get the highest fiber count of micro-fiber (I order from The Rag Shop), don't waste a bunch of money on prep. cleaners when "Rust-o-lium Wax and Tar Remover" is what almost all the pro-shops use, then rub it's residue off with ispropyne alcohol (with absorbing micro-fiber rags). Apply no more than 3 sq feet at a time before buffing off and only then do the entire hardening coat 3 sq feet at a time and then buff the entire car, with good lighting on the 3 sq feet.

Ceramic friend says if he used a buffer he could not catch any visible blemishes/streaks. The pro's recommended do the top first, windows second then rest of lower body panels. After applying a Ceramic coating it does require storage in a garage for 24 hours after application, and not getting any water on the coating for 24 hrs until it is totally dry.

Porsche Cayman S new with zero paint blemishes took 4 1/5 hours.. Definitely do wheels. I use ceramic coating "CarPro C.QUARTZ CQ.UK 3.0", $100 a bottle and includes application pads, rags, everything but the Rust-o-lium Wax/Tar Remover ($4.99 at any auto supply store). My friend charges $1,200-$1,500 depending on size of vehicle, also he would never use a buffer, just simple muscle power to buff out shine. Cayman has had ceramic on for 2 yrs and It still beads like a duck...I but do use the Ceramic Soap when washing and it definitely refreshes the ceramic shine. I could do a second coat of ceramic with the leftovers in the bottle. All ceramic coatings are what is called a "hydrophobic chemical", will not mix with and repeals water, so until it dries, water will kill the water repelling properties.

JUST SHARING MY EXPERIENCE! Anyone willing to spend 4 -> 5 hrs can do a ceramic coating....it is not at all complicated or hard to do, just follow the instructions. It can best be described as like applying 3 coats of wax...but last at least 2 or 3+ years. I find it amazing stuff!

Maverick size would probably take 5-6 hours.

Last edited:

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted to share some photos of my 2022 velocity blue Maverick with newly applied ceramic coat. It might be tough to see the difference the ceramic coat made with these photos, but results are truly incredible. The depth of paint and the glass like smoothness is something that stands out in person and the feel of the paint is special. This is my fourth vehicle with various brands of ceramic coat. I started with the most basic spray that might last a year, next level Avalon King, to finally the Mac daddy of them all System X “Max”. The difference between Avalon king and System X “max“ I would say look and feel they are similar Between the two. The key difference is System X has no restrictions cleaning products, or even cleaning techniques. The biggest difference is the lifetime guarantee ( as long as it is inspected by an authorized installer annuall). This process for the Maverick took roughly 24-28 hours on labor to complete. in my opinion, the best time to do apply this product is when a vehicle is new and no wax has to be removed along with very little paint correction. I basically only needed was little paint polishing and paint decontamination via Claybar, lastly wipe down thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. At this point, each panels has to have product applied in small sections evenly and wiped off. The cure time indicated 5 to 15 seconds but with my low humidity and cool temp’s I found closer to 60 seconds was correct. I find the most difficult part is to have the correct lighting to apply and remove to a perfect finish. I had enough product to do all exterior paint, plastic, wheels, and paint within the interior door jams. I also applied glass treatment on all windows.

I found I still had some paint flaws that are now in bedded for life. Please see attached photos and let me know your thoughts

recommendations for this treatment, you need really good if not great Lighting. This process should not be taken lightly and if any doubt hire a professional.

C7D9BB14-5DAB-4370-8243-A1AC52494836.jpeg

8766FBDA-1905-43FC-8EE7-87F486B303C2.jpeg

9FD53802-CABD-48E8-97B7-C2FDFBC821DF.jpeg

15464676-536C-46E6-A63B-681F23BDCDE6.jpeg

DE236964-1D27-4600-BCE0-C0E5979C23C8.jpeg

B5AABB7E-F64B-4649-89A3-C9A044B6F0C8.jpeg

1C43AEE3-9009-48E7-868C-6871EC80A616.jpeg
Beautiful truck, any idea what something like that cost professionally done?

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks absolutely gorgeous. My plan for my Maverick is much more simple. When it arrives, I'll let the paint cure for a couple of weeks and I'll simply wax it every three months with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. It's very easy to apply and wipe clean, no paste buildup, and gives it a deep and defined shine. I would like to ceramic coat it but I think that's a little obsessive in my book. I understand that the longevity of ceramic coats exceeds any wax, but I'm one of those types who likes to wax their vehicles every few months so there's always product on it keeping it protected. I can't go extended periods of time without putting any product on my vehicles. That would drive me nuts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry I see you already answered that. Thank you
Hello,
I would guess it would really depend on the installer and the quality of the product. As you can see Im very partial to the System X do to lifetime warranty and no special cleaning instructions. I have used a lower quality in the past that said it was good for 7 years, but hard wash only, not in the sun, ect….ect… ect…😳My guess the higher end ceramic installers would be roughly 1500 for a new vehicle without much paint correction. In my own experience I spent 3 days to complete. As you can see in other posts people complete it in 5 hours.

good luck

botb70

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey
Hahaha, I live in Central Florida and have to drive up to Southern Georgia to pick up some ammo my cousin bought for me at an auction. All for 4 boxes of bullets. So I'll be driving 8 hours round trip to pick them up.
Rural King didn't have the ammo needed?

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks absolutely gorgeous. My plan for my Maverick is much more simple. When it arrives, I'll let the paint cure for a couple of weeks and I'll simply wax it every three months with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. It's very easy to apply and wipe clean, no paste buildup, and gives it a deep and defined shine. I would like to ceramic coat it but I think that's a little obsessive in my book. I understand that the longevity of ceramic coats exceeds any wax, but I'm one of those types who likes to wax their vehicles every few months so there's always product on it keeping it protected. I can't go extended periods of time without putting any product on my vehicles. That would drive me nuts.
Why not just use PPF ?
I have a 3/4 ton with PPF bumper, hood, and fenders. Although, I gave some consideration at the end of the day I decided against applying Ceramic. My thought process is it would made the PPF brittle. I think that was a bad assumption on my part.

I do know you wouldn’t want to ceramic before adding PPF. I used claybar and the installed hated me. The PPF didn’t want to adhere.

After reviewing this article maybe not such a bad idea. It would sure help with cleaning the splattered 🐛 🐜 🐞….

https://www.wetwerksautospa.com/post/ceramic-coating-vs-paint-protection-film-ppf

botb70

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey
I have a 3/4 ton with PPF bumper, hood, and fenders. Although, I gave some consideration at the end of the day I decided against applying Ceramic. My thought process is it would made the PPF brittle. I think that was a bad assumption on my part.

I do know you wouldn’t want to ceramic before adding PPF. I used claybar and the installed hated me. The PPF didn’t want to adhere.

After reviewing this article maybe not such a bad idea. It would sure help with cleaning the splattered 🐛 🐜 🐞….

https://www.wetwerksautospa.com/post/ceramic-coating-vs-paint-protection-film-ppf
Great article, thanks.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use Adam's Polishes products. Their ceramic coatings have a UV Tracer Technology that you can use a UV Light to see if you have the panels covered. I'm planning on using the Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced which is easy-to-use that can be seen where applied using the UV Flashlight. Makes it a lot easier to see if you missed coating the surfaces. I think it has a life expectancy of 9 years.

Truck looks beautiful. Did you coat the wheels too? I don't remember reading if you did.
Ive been using the Adams Graphene for a while now, and it works great. That will be the first thing I do when mine finally comes in. I have had 0% success with the UV light though haha.

The 9 years is actually the longevitity, its based off of theoretical time via lab testing. 9 = 3 to maybe 5 years with good maintenance washes and ceramic toppers.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Ive been using the Adams Graphene for a while now, and it works great. That will be the first thing I do when mine finally comes in. I have had 0% success with the UV light though haha.

The 9 years is actually the longevitity, its based off of theoretical time via lab testing. 9 = 3 to maybe 5 years with good maintenance washes and ceramic toppers.
@MAC_Detail
I'm not sure what to do. There are a few things I want to do but the timing is what concerns me. My first thought is ceramic coat on day one. Then I get to thinking about lettering on tailgate and think that has to be done first. Then I want new wheels, and I think do I do the stock wheels and then the new? Want to either change the Ford grille and tailgate emblems and think I better get them done before coating. So I can't make up my mind yet.

As for UV Light, I have never used it. I was thinking about using it on the Maverick though. I'm going to use the Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced this time. In my last 6 ceramic efforts I've used their Spray and it lasts a year. So I wanted to go a little better on the Maverick and if I like it, put it on the Lexus in the Spring.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@MAC_Detail
I'm not sure what to do. There are a few things I want to do but the timing is what concerns me. My first thought is ceramic coat on day one. Then I get to thinking about lettering on tailgate and think that has to be done first. Then I want new wheels, and I think do I do the stock wheels and then the new? Want to either change the Ford grille and tailgate emblems and think I better get them done before coating. So I can't make up my mind yet.

As for UV Light, I have never used it. I was thinking about using it on the Maverick though. I'm going to use the Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced this time. In my last 6 ceramic efforts I've used their Spray and it lasts a year. So I wanted to go a little better on the Maverick and if I like it, put it on the Lexus in the Spring.
I’m with you, there are so many options to look at, I felt the ceramic had to be first just because it is a clean as it will get. You are right the tailgate lettering would be fist since the ceramic will protect the stickers too. The UV lighting sounds like a nice idea. I didn’t feel it was too difficult to get the correct coverage with the cross hatch system. I agree the spay doesn’t last long, that was my fist adventure. I really know very little of all the ceramics out there. I just know my three days time is costly that i wanted to get the best I could find.

Im stuck in the plan of lifting and bigger tires or leave completely stock. Most likely a bed cover Next.

window tint was second on my list

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I really like you gold wheels….what a cool look
Sponsored