Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wanted to share some photos of my 2022 velocity blue Maverick with newly applied ceramic coat. It might be tough to see the difference the ceramic coat made with these photos, but results are truly incredible. The depth of paint and the glass like smoothness is something that stands out in person and the feel of the paint is special. This is my fourth vehicle with various brands of ceramic coat. I started with the most basic spray that might last a year, next level Avalon King, to finally the Mac daddy of them all System X “Max”. The difference between Avalon king and System X “max“ I would say look and feel they are similar Between the two. The key difference is System X has no restrictions cleaning products, or even cleaning techniques. The biggest difference is the lifetime guarantee ( as long as it is inspected by an authorized installer annuall). This process for the Maverick took roughly 24-28 hours on labor to complete. in my opinion, the best time to do apply this product is when a vehicle is new and no wax has to be removed along with very little paint correction. I basically only needed was little paint polishing and paint decontamination via Claybar, lastly wipe down thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. At this point, each panels has to have product applied in small sections evenly and wiped off. The cure time indicated 5 to 15 seconds but with my low humidity and cool temp’s I found closer to 60 seconds was correct. I find the most difficult part is to have the correct lighting to apply and remove to a perfect finish. I had enough product to do all exterior paint, plastic, wheels, and paint within the interior door jams. I also applied glass treatment on all windows.

I found I still had some paint flaws that are now in bedded for life. Please see attached photos and let me know your thoughts

recommendations for this treatment, you need really good if not great Lighting. This process should not be taken lightly and if any doubt hire a professional.

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating applied to my 2022 Maverick - pics C7D9BB14-5DAB-4370-8243-A1AC52494836

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating applied to my 2022 Maverick - pics 8766FBDA-1905-43FC-8EE7-87F486B303C2

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating applied to my 2022 Maverick - pics 9FD53802-CABD-48E8-97B7-C2FDFBC821DF

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating applied to my 2022 Maverick - pics 15464676-536C-46E6-A63B-681F23BDCDE6

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating applied to my 2022 Maverick - pics DE236964-1D27-4600-BCE0-C0E5979C23C8

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating applied to my 2022 Maverick - pics B5AABB7E-F64B-4649-89A3-C9A044B6F0C8

Ford Maverick Ceramic Coating applied to my 2022 Maverick - pics 1C43AEE3-9009-48E7-868C-6871EC80A616
Sponsored

day004

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan to use the Avalon King product once my Lariat arrives.
Did you machine polish first?
One tip I learned is to put your hand in a plastic bag(sandwich bag) and run along the surface. What seems smooth to the naked hand feels rough. Amazing.
Keep polishing until smooth. IPA wipe then coat.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I plan to use the Avalon King product once my Lariat arrives.
Did you machine polish first?
One tip I learned is to put your hand in a plastic bag(sandwich bag) and run along the surface. What seems smooth to the naked hand feels rough. Amazing.
Keep polishing until smooth. IPA wipe then coat.
I did some machine polish, but not much. I found out later there were a few small spots I had missed. I do wish Ford did a better job with paint quality on the Maverick.

I might be over critical, because the issues I found would never be found out in sun light. I installed Dialight LED fixtures in my garage for this type of task Along with supplemental lighting. I might need to add a few more in the future as I get into paint correction. I actually found a dent that was factory that the dealer said the would pay to have fixed via paint less dent repair.

good luck, would like to see your rig once completed.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I did some machine polish, but not much. I found out later there were a few small spots I had missed. I do wish Ford did a better job with paint quality on the Maverick.

I might be over critical, because the issues I found would never be found out in sun light. I installed Dialight LED fixtures in my garage for this type of task Along with supplemental lighting. I might need to add a few more in the future as I get into paint correction. I actually found a dent that was factory that the dealer said the would pay to have fixed via paint less dent repair.

good luck, would like to see your rig once completed.
I use Adam's Polishes products. Their ceramic coatings have a UV Tracer Technology that you can use a UV Light to see if you have the panels covered. I'm planning on using the Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced which is easy-to-use that can be seen where applied using the UV Flashlight. Makes it a lot easier to see if you missed coating the surfaces. I think it has a life expectancy of 9 years.

Truck looks beautiful. Did you coat the wheels too? I don't remember reading if you did.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I use Adam's Polishes products. Their ceramic coatings have a UV Tracer Technology that you can use a UV Light to see if you have the panels covered. I'm planning on using the Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced which is easy-to-use that can be seen where applied using the UV Flashlight. Makes it a lot easier to see if you missed coating the surfaces. I think it has a life expectancy of 9 years.

Truck looks beautiful. Did you coat the wheels too? I don't remember reading if you did.
That is very cool technology, I had never heard of that before. that is a feature that would be a very helpful.

I did the ceramic the wheels, wheels are actually what pulled me in to ceramic coating. I use to spend hours cleaning wheels and now a garden hose washes the grim and brake dust away.

i think I will try some chrome wheels this weekend to see if the results are as good. I really dislike cleaning wheels😳

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is very cool technology, I had never heard of that before. that is a feature that would be a very helpful.

I did the ceramic the wheels, wheels are actually what pulled me in to ceramic coating. I use to spend hours cleaning wheels and now a garden hose washes the grim and brake dust away.

i think I will try some chrome wheels this weekend to see if the results are as good. I really dislike cleaning wheels😳
I hate the stock wheels on the Lariat. I originally took the option for the painted 18's but have recently canceled it from my order. A local friend may, operative word may, get a refresh on his EB 17's all black wheels and tires. If so, I am going to grab them. I WILL ceramic coat them prior to installing them. Even if I don't get his setup, I will be swapping them out. And I'll ceramic coat whatever I end up with.

Just curious, should I mount tires and have them balanced prior to ceramic coating? I don't know how they attach the weights on wheels these days. I'm thinking if I ceramic coat them, the weights won't stick. Or will they do something to get them to stick?

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hate the stock wheels on the Lariat. I originally took the option for the painted 18's but have recently canceled it from my order. A local friend may, operative word may, get a refresh on his EB 17's all black wheels and tires. If so, I am going to grab them. I WILL ceramic coat them prior to installing them. Even if I don't get his setup, I will be swapping them out. And I'll ceramic coat whatever I end up with.

Just curious, should I mount tires and have them balanced prior to ceramic coating? I don't know how they attach the weights on wheels these days. I'm thinking if I ceramic coat them, the weights won't stick. Or will they do something to get them to stick?
If possible you should ceramic coat prior to mounting the tires. the ceramic is going to be only on the exterior painted surface which would leave the inter wheel for the weights.

do you mind me asking what the wheels will cost you? I have started to consider selling my wheels and tires as a set. This would allow my to put on upgraded larger with more offset for a minimal cost. My goal would be to get $1,500 but not sure if that’s realistic.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If possible you should ceramic coat prior to mounting the tires. the ceramic is going to be only on the exterior painted surface which would leave the inter wheel for the weights.

do you mind me asking what the wheels will cost you? I have started to consider selling my wheels and tires as a set. This would allow my to put on upgraded larger with more offset for a minimal cost. My goal would be to get $1,500 but not sure if that’s realistic.
@Rodeoman74
I haven't made a decision yet. I'm still looking for some wheels. I would like to be able to re-use the 18" tires on new back wheels. Having a hard time finding decent looking wheels. I may drop down to 17" to find better options. If I do, then that would mean a complete set.

As for pricing, I'm finding few at around $850 for wheels only (unless Tire Rack, they provide lug nuts with order). After that it goes up to crazy numbers. There have been a few guys post they got money for their original tires at Discount Tire. One guy negotiated $400 credit towards new tires, a few others got $100. So if you went with new tires at Discount Tire you better trade them quick because they only trade under 500 miles I heard.

Another point is the Tire Pressure sensors. If you sell them you need to decide if you'll keep your original's or let them go with set and buy new ones.

Last point is if you sell them, forget trying to sell them long distance. Need to stay local or next county or something like that. It is extremely expensive to pay shipping for a complete tire set from let's say Colorado to Florida. It negates any savings there could have been. So post them for sale on the Forum under the Market tab AND Craigslist. That's my recommendation. The only time I purchased a set I drove from Central Florida to Virginia Beach and back for $900. They wanted around $600 to ship them. Figured I could drive and pick them up myself cheaper. Damn it was a 9 hour drive one way.

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@Rodeoman74
I haven't made a decision yet. I'm still looking for some wheels. I would like to be able to re-use the 18" tires on new back wheels. Having a hard time finding decent looking wheels. I may drop down to 17" to find better options. If I do, then that would mean a complete set.

As for pricing, I'm finding few at around $850 for wheels only (unless Tire Rack, they provide lug nuts with order). After that it goes up to crazy numbers. There have been a few guys post they got money for their original tires at Discount Tire. One guy negotiated $400 credit towards new tires, a few others got $100. So if you went with new tires at Discount Tire you better trade them quick because they only trade under 500 miles I heard.

Another point is the Tire Pressure sensors. If you sell them you need to decide if you'll keep your original's or let them go with set and buy new ones.

Last point is if you sell them, forget trying to sell them long distance. Need to stay local or next county or something like that. It is extremely expensive to pay shipping for a complete tire set from let's say Colorado to Florida. It negates any savings there could have been. So post them for sale on the Forum under the Market tab AND Craigslist. That's my recommendation. The only time I purchased a set I drove from Central Florida to Virginia Beach and back for $900. They wanted around $600 to ship them. Figured I could drive and pick them up myself cheaper. Damn it was a 9 hour drive one way.
Great points, I had totally forgot about the pressure sensors.

my opinion stick with the 18”s

I guess I’m not too far off with 1500, with a professional grade ceramic should be a 250 value to someone. Tires, I have reached out and a 100 each has been easy to find. Used car dealers buy these up anytime I have any to offer.

yeah, no shipping….. that is some crazy rates.

you sound like me , I drove 5 hours one was for ammunition reloading supplies😳

Sponsored

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
Looks Fantastic!!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great points, I had totally forgot about the pressure sensors.

my opinion stick with the 18”s

I guess I’m not too far off with 1500, with a professional grade ceramic should be a 250 value to someone. Tires, I have reached out and a 100 each has been easy to find. Used car dealers buy these up anytime I have any to offer.

yeah, no shipping….. that is some crazy rates.

you sound like me , I drove 5 hours one was for ammunition reloading supplies😳
Hahaha, I live in Central Florida and have to drive up to Southern Georgia to pick up some ammo my cousin bought for me at an auction. All for 4 boxes of bullets. So I'll be driving 8 hours round trip to pick them up.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to share some photos of my 2022 velocity blue Maverick with newly applied ceramic coat. It might be tough to see the difference the ceramic coat made with these photos, but results are truly incredible. The depth of paint and the glass like smoothness is something that stands out in person and the feel of the paint is special. This is my fourth vehicle with various brands of ceramic coat. I started with the most basic spray that might last a year, next level Avalon King, to finally the Mac daddy of them all System X “Max”. The difference between Avalon king and System X “max“ I would say look and feel they are similar Between the two. The key difference is System X has no restrictions cleaning products, or even cleaning techniques. The biggest difference is the lifetime guarantee ( as long as it is inspected by an authorized installer annuall). This process for the Maverick took roughly 24-28 hours on labor to complete. in my opinion, the best time to do apply this product is when a vehicle is new and no wax has to be removed along with very little paint correction. I basically only needed was little paint polishing and paint decontamination via Claybar, lastly wipe down thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. At this point, each panels has to have product applied in small sections evenly and wiped off. The cure time indicated 5 to 15 seconds but with my low humidity and cool temp’s I found closer to 60 seconds was correct. I find the most difficult part is to have the correct lighting to apply and remove to a perfect finish. I had enough product to do all exterior paint, plastic, wheels, and paint within the interior door jams. I also applied glass treatment on all windows.

I found I still had some paint flaws that are now in bedded for life. Please see attached photos and let me know your thoughts

recommendations for this treatment, you need really good if not great Lighting. This process should not be taken lightly and if any doubt hire a professional.

C7D9BB14-5DAB-4370-8243-A1AC52494836.jpeg

8766FBDA-1905-43FC-8EE7-87F486B303C2.jpeg

9FD53802-CABD-48E8-97B7-C2FDFBC821DF.jpeg

15464676-536C-46E6-A63B-681F23BDCDE6.jpeg

DE236964-1D27-4600-BCE0-C0E5979C23C8.jpeg

B5AABB7E-F64B-4649-89A3-C9A044B6F0C8.jpeg

1C43AEE3-9009-48E7-868C-6871EC80A616.jpeg
How much did the ceramic cost you, if you don't mind sharing? Beautiful, by the way

OP
OP
Rodeoman74

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How much did the ceramic cost you, if you don't mind sharing? Beautiful, by the way
Thank you, System X (a.k.a Element119) as a few grades of product. The two top tier are Diamond and Maximum that carry the installer cost in excess of $250 per 65ml bottle. The difficulty with this product is being able to buy It. You have to be approved installer to order. I do agree, the product can damage paint surface if not careful.

Last edited:

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Avid Ceramid user..have done 3 cars and 1 motorcycle in the last 3 yrs. Works great on all glass also, but wears off on windshield quicker but still works well. {example to the left}.
Sponsored