First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found touchless car washes to do a poor job. Used to take my vehicles to car wash by my job where the car runs down a track but they have guys with rags washing the vehicle. With the thing where the Mav shifts into park when you exit the vehicle I don't think I can use that with the Mav. The attendant most likely would not know how to keep it in neutral. But living in the Northeast washing your truck is important and to get the salt off. Hand washing is a non starter in the winter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had to add this. When I picked up my Mav in Nov 2022, I seen it before it was preped. It was covered in dust. While doing the paperwork they had the truck preped. I doubt they hand washed it, came out good. I had a Honda CRZ the Honda dealer always had coupons where I got an oil change for 30 bucks. A car wash was included, never had any issues.

Tommy2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Sorrento, T700, KTM 530
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buddy of mine says, "when you buy a new truck, first thing you need to do is take it out into the woods and just scratch the hell out it. It's an effing truck, not a BMW. Treat it as one."

I'm not going to go that extreme. But as I plan to drive this one until its expiration date, I'm not concerned about resale. I'll get it coated once I get it and hit it with a garden hose when need be. Otherwise, it's a truck.
That's my feeling on new dirt bikes too, dump 'em right there in the parking lot. Now that I got that out of the way let's go have some fun!!!

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When people say hand wash. Are you talking about a hose and bucket at home? A power washer at home? Do you mean the power washer style at the commercial wash ?

I dont use the automatic tunnel style. I go to the commercial power washer style. The one where you walk around the car spraying it yourself.

I don't wash if I think the water will freeze on my vehicles when I drive away.

I do two cycles. Three if i have a lot of ice and sand stuck to the wheel wells and underside. First cycle is soap. Second cycle is rinse. I spray the wheel wells and under the car on both. I don't use the wax or clear coat option. That stuff gets on my glass and and I don't like it. Just soap and water. I hand wax, with no machine buffing in good weather.

I have read on here about people having problems with the fx4 stickers. No problems for me yet, but mine is still pretty new. That area stays pretty clean, I don't have to spray it too hard.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. Have a 2018 F-150 and a 2013 Accord as well, all go through our local soft touch car wash about twice a month, not a single issue on any of them. To each their own, just giving my experience.
A hobby of mine is detailing and I also use a brushed wash for the dirty work or a quick touch up. Key for me is proper coating.
To check for car wash swirls scratches see if anyone can borrow you CRI lighting.
I have several scan grip lights for a complete system but CRI light allows us to see any imperfections.
for me was worth the investment as my garage (bright) led lighting barley showed any of it!

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A hobby of mine is detailing and I also use a brushed wash for the dirty work or a quick touch up. Key for me is proper coating.
To check for car wash swirls scratches see if anyone can borrow you CRI lighting.
I have several scan grip lights for a complete system but CRI light allows us to see any imperfections.
for me was worth the investment as my garage (bright) led lighting barley showed any of it!
First I heard of cri ( color rendering index). But since you are a detailer I can see why you need them. I intend to avoid the automatic car wash when possible. But will use it when needed in the winter.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't drive much. I picked mine up in May and only have 2k miles on it.

I don't drive much. I picked mine up in May. And I only have 2k miles.

Screenshot_20230103-104943_Photos.jpg
Nice wheel choice on a white truck.....looks fantastic. Well done! 👍

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice wheel choice on a white truck.....looks fantastic. Well done! 👍
Thanks. Also I'm going to lower it in the spring time. I wish ford would have stuck with the more popular bolt pattern. I had a hard time finding wheels.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never ever use a brush car wash on this thin paint. When I had to get a scratch repaired body shop said they could tell I stay away so it makes things easier on them.