First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid has auto start/stop because it's a core part of how hybrids work. However, it cannot be turned off like it can on the Ecoboost. Just be sure you know how to put (and keep) the truck in neutral. And keep in mind that the hybrid battery won't be charging when in N, but that's usually not a problem because it doesn't take that long.

Also, be sure you don't have auto brake hold engaged when in the car wash.
Sponsored

Reactions: Aza
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me too! I felt and looked like a jackass.
The hybrid has auto start/stop because it's a core part of how hybrids work. However, it cannot be turned off like it can on the Ecoboost. Just be sure you know how to put (and keep) the truck in neutral. And keep in mind that the hybrid battery won't be charging when in N, but that's usually not a problem because it doesn't take that long.

Also, be sure you don't have auto brake hold engaged when in the car wash.
thanks Mark,Patricia

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Page 185 of the owners manual talks about putting the Maverick in Temporary Neutral Mode. If you're at a car wash that doesn't allow you to remain in the vehicle, then you'll have to do this procedure with the engine off.

Ford Maverick Car wash and auto stop 1648075396395

Axe360

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry I think this has been asked before butā€¦. Just got my hybrid XLT, never had auto start / stop.
I read on the forum while back if you run thru the car wash you need to but your truck in a certain mode?? My nightmare is being stuck in the car wash šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«. And no there are no touchless washes near me.
Grt thread! I usually go thru a touchless that I stay in the vehicle but was going to go thru one that you have to stay out of the truck and I hadnā€™t thought about this! Thankyou for bringing this up! Most important to knowšŸ‘šŸ‘

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At our local carwash chain (Mister Carwash) you can ask for a "Full Retract" before you pull in. this will cause all the brushes to not touch your Mav, basically turns it touchless. I use it when the vehicle is only dusty / light dirt. Eliminates the chance of scratching from the brushes.

Sponsored

Sunset Ranch

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Donā€™t know for hybrid..will look into
Really thats the whole idea behind the hybrid. Runs on the battery when it can and gasoline when it needs to, while charging the battery at the same time. At least that is the basics behind it.

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Page 185 of the owners manual talks about putting the Maverick in Temporary Neutral Mode. If you're at a car wash that doesn't allow you to remain in the vehicle, then you'll have to do this procedure with the engine off.

1648075396395.png
I feel this is a little much for an automatic car wash. Since I'm in the vehicle, why not just allow me to put it neutral instead of having to use the steps in the manual. Now if I had the door open or something I can understand. As the Mike's car wash I like to go to, (never had any issues from the brushes), they are rather quick at getting your car moving and you don't have a lot of time playing around putting it into neutral.

Edit* tagging @Ford Motor Company

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. In Hybrid, it's essentially on auto. I don't think it can be disengaged, but people wouldn't want to turn off the electric anyway. Especially with these gas prices.
[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1648075396395.png
Wait...can you tow your vehicle in this mode? :LOL:

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay Iā€™m going to confront my irrational carwash fear! Wish me luck
I have not tried with out pushing down on l ? I know pushing down L locks your shifter in neutral after putting in neutral
I have hybrid
Also when leaving car wash you have to push brake to unlock shifter to put in drive
You probably donā€™t have lock shifter you can just put In neutral I will try next time I go tru the lock only prevents you from accidentally putting it in something else as you bring pulled tru wash

Last edited:

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not tried with out pushing down on l ? I know pushing down L locks your shifter in neutral after putting in neutral
I have hybrid
Also when leaving car wash you have to push brake to unlock shifter to put in drive
You probably donā€™t have lock shifter you can just put In neutral I will try next time I go tru the lock only prevents you from accidentally putting it in something else as you bring pulled tru wash
the main thing is putting in neutral if your going tru wash that pulls you tru
Does not make a difference engine stops or runs as long as itā€™s in neutral

our escape has push start and stop start engine when brake is on engine shuts off
When you pull in car wash that pulls or you ride on track only thing you do is put in neutral and take foot off brake
Does not make difference if engine is
Running

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the main thing is putting in neutral if your going tru wash that pulls you tru
Does not make a difference engine stops or runs as long as itā€™s in neutral

our escape has push start and stop start engine when brake is on engine shuts off
When you pull in car wash that pulls or you ride on track only thing you do is put in neutral and take foot off brake
Does not make difference if engine is
Running
Thank you!!
Sponsored