First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alexa has been working well to start my Maverick for over two months now. Suddenly it stopped working. When I say "Alexa, tell FordPass to start my car" I get the following message from Alexa:

"Sorry, I was unable to complete your request. Please try again later".

I noticed on my Samsung Galaxy phone where I have FordPass installed, I got a message saying that Google changed something and apps may need to reauthenticate. So, I disabled the FordPass Alexa skill and reenabled it, but that did not help. I also got a message regarding fixing permissions on my phone which I responded "yes" to fix them, but that did not help either. I suspect Google is actually the culprit here.

Anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This started working again March 5 2023. No thanks to my attempts to fix the issue. Just started working again.

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
alexa? bye bye
Amazon’s big dreams for Alexa fall short
Teams working on the ecommerce giant’s voice assistant have been hit hard by the largest cuts in company’s history
Financial Times March 2023

Aaron F

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux w/ 4k and BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is alexa only available in the hybrid? I don't see it as on option to enable in my radio settings anywhere.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is alexa only available in the hybrid? I don't see it as on option to enable in my radio settings anywhere.
You need to enable the Alexa app from your Alexa device. Go to Amazon and search for Ford Pass skill and enable it. From there follow the instructions on the Alexa app on your phone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, there is a FordPass Alexa app. You need to install it using the Alexa skill on your phone. Then you need to authenticate the Alexa skill with FordPass (Also on your phone) and setup a PIN. Once you do you can say "Alexa, tell FordPass to start my car". Then you will be prompted for a PIN.

Note that the problem with it not working only lasted for about 3 days, and suddenly started working again.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
alexa? bye bye
Amazon’s big dreams for Alexa fall short
Teams working on the ecommerce giant’s voice assistant have been hit hard by the largest cuts in company’s history
Financial Times March 2023
That is complete BS. Alexa isn't going anywhere. Anyone who thinks it is does no have a firm grasp of reality.

Aaron F

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux w/ 4k and BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, there is a FordPass Alexa app. You need to install it using the Alexa skill on your phone. Then you need to authenticate the Alexa skill with FordPass (Also on your phone) and setup a PIN. Once you do you can say "Alexa, tell FordPass to start my car". Then you will be prompted for a PIN.

Note that the problem with it not working only lasted for about 3 days, and suddenly started working again.
Thanks so much. My buddies F-150 had some options for Alexa right within the main screen menu on the radio, so that's where I started looking. I was able to use the Alexa app on my phone and activate the Ford pass app and get it to work.
Sponsored