Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Looks like a pain to empty. Would of like to see the in side on bottom and out side on top instead of side by side. Or not right next to each other. I think you are there just need to work on the design and drain. Why settle for good enough when there is better. The drain could use a hose going down that has a valve that can reach the oil pan when doing oil changes..
Sponsored

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then you should get it and start your own thread, make sure to get the right size hose, cause that won't fit and the connectors to go to the factory push locks too.
I am not saying it is the right size or not I'm stating there are other choices out there. You don't own this site or this thread so stop trying to sell your junk on this site!!!

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
There is an explanation of how it all works in this thread, but yes, just a plug and play. Very simple. Hardest part is releasing the factory clips to remove the factory hose.
I’m sure it will be easier to see once I have the Mav. Thanks for this thread it’s very informative.

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
I am not saying it is the right size or not I'm stating there are other choices out there. You don't own this site or this thread so stop trying to sell your junk on this site!!!
I for one am glad people like David are here and part of the forum! They're not on here hawking some snake oil. They're allowing us a peek into the development of parts and to follow along with a build etc. Chill and respect.

CarbonizedMav

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Sorry if you already posted, but what's the inside of the can look like? Is it baffled, does the in line have a dip tube?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like a pain to empty. Would of like to see the in side on bottom and out side on top instead of side by side. Or not right next to each other. I think you are there just need to work on the design and drain. Why settle for good enough when there is better. The drain could use a hose going down that has a valve that can reach the oil pan when doing oil changes..
The drain is in the bottom, pointed straight out where it's easy to access. The side by side ports are the inlet/outlets.......

The drain, when these ship, actually have an attached hose, all -6 an line, that comes off the bottom with a cap, you remove the cap, put your pop can or whatever under it, drain the oil in it and put the cap back on. Simplest, cleanest way to do it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry if you already posted, but what's the inside of the can look like? Is it baffled, does the in line have a dip tube?
We actually use a stainless steel packing inside all of our cans, this is to include the top of the line can you get for a GTR. It has proven to be the best media I've found to keep the oil in the can and not get back into the engine.

CarbonizedMav

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Is there anyway of cleaning the packing over time? I work at a chemical plant and our scrubbers use a packing material, but have to be changed out as part of PM

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anyway of cleaning the packing over time? I work at a chemical plant and our scrubbers use a packing material, but have to be changed out as part of PM
You could wash the can out if you thought it was needed, any good solvent would clean it out easy enough.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks! I fixed that.
Looks like a great option, I’m pretty technical, but would feel better to what h a video on the install. Can you tell me if this is something that you might upload on YouTube?

Thank you for your quick reply

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like a great option, I’m pretty technical, but would feel better to what h a video on the install. Can you tell me if this is something that you might upload on YouTube?

Thank you for your quick reply
We are going to have to do that actually or pics. The factory clips for the push lock type fittings are tough to get off and the factory air temp sensor is a little tricky.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I for one am glad people like David are here and part of the forum! They're not on here hawking some snake oil. They're allowing us a peek into the development of parts and to follow along with a build etc. Chill and respect.
I agree! I’m glad we have a well known tuner with a long proven history here developing parts for our trucks! Especially when they are as open and forthcoming as Mr. Buschur has been.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree! I’m glad we have a well known tuner with a long proven history here developing parts for our trucks! Especially when they are as open and forthcoming as Mr. Buschur has been.
Thank you.

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I imagine once installed, simply drain every oil change. Even if you have to remove the bolt from inner fender, and take off the hoses, we’re talkin 10 minutes tops.

quick rinse with some fuel/solvent and put it all back together.

looks like a nice setup.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Status