First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the ecoboost MAP or MAF based for tuning purposes? I'd want to see STFT's and LTFT's in closed loop if you're seeing a 1 point increase in AFR in open loop. That's quite a large bias in fueling.

Also you shouldn't see any noticeable increase in fuel economy if you're driving reasonable most of the time and staying in closed loop control.
MAP
Sponsored

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That rich AF ratio is Ford protecting the turbo, the engine is going into enrichment.
And that open filter on a hot summer day will result in less power and much more tendency to knock. The hotter the = less dense, the less power.
How about taking it to the drag strip and doing some runs with both the terrible Ford intake and your magical intake. Those numbers will not lie.
I don't know enough about this stuff to argue one way or another. I'm just wondering why the air temperature would be any different. Shouldn't it still be ambient temperature no matter what intake you're using?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know enough about this stuff to argue one way or another. I'm just wondering why the air temperature would be any different. Shouldn't it still be ambient temperature no matter what intake you're using?
The common thought among people who are internet experts is without the enclose air box and the ducting to the front of the car/truck the under hood air temps are extremely high and the filter sucks in hot air. This is false as we've proven so many times over the years with actual data logging, same as we showed it to be false on this truck. As soon as the truck is in motion the air temps drop from all the air being forced through he grill and other openings to the engine bay.

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know it's probably in this thread somewhere, but I have not been able to find how this intake affects MPG. Can those that have installed it give me an idea of the impact?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know it's probably in this thread somewhere, but I have not been able to find how this intake affects MPG. Can those that have installed it give me an idea of the impact?
The feedback we've gotten from people who have bought them (BTW, well over 100 of them out there now) is there is slight gain in MPG, like .5, which honestly is so slight it's hard to say if there is any. There is gains in power in upper RPM's and a lot of very cool turbo noises.

Sponsored

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The compression of the turbo heats air up that's why there is a cooler between the turbo and intake.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The turbo wheel is spun by exhaust gas directly from the exhaust manifold.

iirc correctly the cold side is the intake side (being pulled into the turbo) and then the turbo to intake side is the hot side. intercoolers help exchange that heat off over a large, dispersed surface area.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

please tell me more
You can use Forscan to unlock Eco and Sport modes on FX4 models. Takes about 10 min to do once you have the OBD cable and a license for the ForScan program. I did it several months back and so have many others on here

Sponsored

superfinechef

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 4x4, 2013 Abarth 500
You can use Forscan to unlock Eco and Sport modes on FX4 models. Takes about 10 min to do once you have the OBD cable and a license for the ForScan program. I did it several months back and so have many others on here

Thank you I just ordered the Forscan ODB cable setup for windows

MustangMark83

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2.0
Will this void the Ford warranty? I get two free oil changes from Ford and I'm worried they'll say something.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will this void the Ford warranty? I get two free oil changes from Ford and I'm worried they'll say something.
I'd ask your dealer, it should not but depending on how big a prick your dealer is anything can happen.

Parabellum

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 5.0 (hopefully soon maverick)
I don’t see how it would as you’re unlocking drive modes that are factory from ford. Although anything is possible. I had a warranty voided on one of my stock SRT4s because of a turbo timer…

I also don’t see why so many are giving @Buschur such a hard time. He’s been dealing with and building parts for boosted cars for years. I’ve had his parts on 2 of my DSMS years ago and they were all fine.

In my life I’ve owned a GST/Evo/2 SRT4s & a mazdaspeed 3. None of them had issues with intakes exactly like this. I will also say none of them were intended for towing and hauling so my experience while similar motor wise is different application wise.

Last edited:

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t see how it would as you’re unlocking drive modes that are factory from ford. Although anything is possible. I had a warranty voided on one of my stock SRT4s because of a turbo timer…

I also don’t see why so many are giving @Buschur such a hard time. He’s been dealing with and building parts for boosted cars for years. I’ve had his parts on 2 of my DSMS years ago and they were all fine.
I agree man! I'm running an intake like his and picked up an additional .1 0-60. I was running 6.1 to 6.2 0-60s in a 1200 DA. With the intake and a homemade box I ran a 6.15 and a 6.10 today in a 2040 DA. It pulls much harder from 50-90 also. I'm not even going to post it on here due to all the jerks. Let them figure it out themselves. My truck is very close to a 13 second truck with the BCB tune and intake.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.