First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After spending some time at a friends house, I went and started my Maverick and definitely noticed a burnt oil smell. It only has a little over 2300 miles on it so I'm wondering if this is a sign to schedule an oil change considering many on this forum have mentioned completing the oil change for the direct injection Ecoboost between the 2500-3000 mile mark. Oil dilution between the fuel injectors and the oil is the main concern overtime. However, I haven't quite hit that mile mark yet which is why I'm confused that I seem to be getting the burnt oil smell already. I do live in a hot climate (South Florida) but my driving habits are pretty conservative. I'm not bashing on it by any means. My throttle inputs are smooth and linear, I drive in Eco mode every so often, and I don't run the air conditioning on high fan speeds. That latter one I don't think has anything to do with it but it's worth mentioning. Should I schedule an oil change at the 2500 mile mark? I would appreciate your input. Thanks.
Sponsored

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you check the oil level & engine bay for any obvious leaks? I would start there... You should be good, but things happen.

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Any updates on this topic?

CMOS

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have changed mine at 5k everytime since I got it with no issues and the pil has looked fine. I didn't send it out for a full spectrometer test but it looks fine to me. I did the first change at 3k then has been 5k ever since running full syth

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When my ecoboost had around the same mileage I was getting like a burnt oil/metallic smell from my exhaust. I thought maybe something was wrong with my turbo. It went away not too long after and haven't had a problem since (a little over 9k now). Don't know if it was just the turbo breaking in or something. I would not go by the manual recommendations on the oil change intervals. I plan to change my oil every 4k with a full synthetic since I don't drive many miles to work and back. I actually have to take a long way around to/from work to try to let the engine get up to operating temperatures. I would change the oil on an ecoboost at least every 5k, no longer.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't discount a transmission leak, I had a smell from something burning off and noticed a fluid leak when doing an oil change, it turns out my transmission start stop accumulator was spraying transmission fluid all over the place and some of it was burning off on the primary catalytic converter. In reading around this was a common issue on older 8F35 transmissions and there have been a few of the same cases reported between here and reddit.

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check around the transmission vent. Its been hot down south might have pushed fluid out the vent.
Sponsored