First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure if this right place to post! I’m new on here!
Friday I was driving my Mav going about 30mph when all of sudden I came to a screeching stop! The E brake engaged, and every light on my dash lit up. Check engine. Power train malfunction. Numerous other messages. I pulled to side of road and was able to put it in park. Turned off car waited a few minutes then started it again. The was able to go in drive but would not engage when pressing on the gas. I was able to make it to ford dealership creeping at about 5 mph all electric to a dealership about 3 miles away! 3 weeks prior I had the Mav in for an oil change and a few recalls that I had gotten in the mail. I also explained to them I’d been having issues such as at stops, the engine would accelerate and want to go even though I was holding brake.
let me tell you I have never been so afraid of a car before this. A few days prior I had made the trek to Las Vegas and I couldn’t imagine would’ve happened to me and my daughter if I’d have been doing 80 miles an hour and everything locked up like that on me I might not be here. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Her new name is Christine. I’m not quite sure if I’m gonna feel safe driving this car again.
happy Monday 😊
I see future lawsuits ahead for Ford if this is an ongoing issue!
Sponsored

Swamp ick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only question is how many serious injuries and deaths before the lawsuits. I was disappointed I had to settle for an Ecoboost inst ad of a hybrid because of delays but now I'm grateful fory Ecoboost.

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’ve had 2 wrecked nav’s I’ve rebuilt and both have had electrical connector issues after sitting and reassembly , had to re re assemble quite a few of the connectors and use a tiny bit of electrical connection lube to get good connections !all factory plugs I’ve encountered are 100% dry and some not very positive feeling .

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford cannot continue to remain completely silent. This latest problem is a serious accident waiting to happen.

Rock

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Friday I was driving my Mav going about 30mph when all of sudden I came to a screeching stop! The E brake engaged, and every light on my dash lit up. Check engine. Power train malfunction. Numerous other messages. I pulled to side of road and was able to put it in park. Turned off car waited a few minutes then started it again. The was able to go in drive but would not engage when pressing on the gas. I was able to make it to ford dealership creeping at about 5 mph all electric to a dealership about 3 miles away! 3 weeks prior I had the Mav in for an oil change and a few recalls that I had gotten in the mail. I also explained to them I’d been having issues such as at stops, the engine would accelerate and want to go even though I was holding brake.
let me tell you I have never been so afraid of a car before this. A few days prior I had made the trek to Las Vegas and I couldn’t imagine would’ve happened to me and my daughter if I’d have been doing 80 miles an hour and everything locked up like that on me I might not be here. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Her new name is Christine. I’m not quite sure if I’m gonna feel safe driving this car again.
happy Monday 😊
Thanks for the report. Sorry for your problem and hope it has a solution. Good luck and report more if you can.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is turning into a disaster. I would say this is the biggest issue we have seen with the Maverick so far.... Someone is going to get seriously hurt if this continues...

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What the hell is causing the truck to completely shut down? Why is a complete shut down considered safe? Why not have the cluster say, "Please take vehicle to dealer immediately" instead of just shutting down while going 75mph?

Sponsored

bighead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I was a potential buyer for these trucks, and I came across this board and read these posts, it would be a no brainer to look elsewhere.

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Things like this in the current hybrids kinda scares me to look forward on the AWD hybrid version.

If I was a potential buyer for these trucks, and I came across this board and read these posts, it would be a no brainer to look elsewhere.
Same here, that's why I got the ecoboost. I wouldn't have gotten it if it was brand new, they've been out for a while with it.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 24s seem to not have issues.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I stopped to check on a maverick....it was a ecoboost. He had no power and tow on his way. I ribbed him and apologized for his eco...he was a good sport. He was being helped so I wasn't needed. Honestly I've only stopped for 1 other person in my life. 34years of driving. Maybe the Maverick is a thing?
The Maverick definitely gets a reaction from people. I still get stopped from time to time when people have questions about it.

JetFixxxer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat x2, Lux, Co-pilot 360 Assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

happy Monday 😊
Report it to NHTSA https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls if not, do so.
Sponsored