2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia SUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got an AWD Maverick.

I'm curious if everyone / anyone hears this rotational sound as you're braking, at or around 12-15 mph.

It reminds me of the sound a deadbolt lock makes when locking.

Using an OBD Bluetooth dongle, it seems to match up with the time the truck downshifts into 3rd while braking.
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try to get video of the sound to help others diagnose it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

I'm curious if everyone / anyone hears this rotational sound as you're braking, at or around 12-15 mph.

Using an OBD Bluetooth dongle, it seems to match up with the time the truck downshifts into 3rd while braking.
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern on your Maverick. Thanks!

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Could it sound a little like kicking a tin can down the street! I figured it is something with the turbo. Bronco Sport has some sounds on deceleration as well
that I’m not accustomed too.

Jeremy_h

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Did you ever find out what the noise was? I have an AWD also and always at 12 mph when decelerating I have a thump. I can feel it in the seat and seems like it is coming from the rear passenger side wheel. It feels like someone kicking the tire as I come to a stop.

Sponsored

Dturano547

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco Ranger XLT, 10 Ford Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The engine makes a lot of noise while decelerating, I get a lot more in Sport driving mode. I do get a very concerning brake noise, I'm at about 5k miles, but i noticed about 2k miles I feel like the rotors are shot, the noise is very different from the engine noises when speeding up and slowing down. i have to do in for the recall I plan to have it checked at the dealer.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you ever find out what the noise was? I have an AWD also and always at 12 mph when decelerating I have a thump. I can feel it in the seat and seems like it is coming from the rear passenger side wheel. It feels like someone kicking the tire as I come to a stop.
I'd start with making sure the back seat is latched in place (the back, not the seat part). Mine was not latched when I got mine and the seat would lean forward a little then slam back when I came to a stop. The latch point is on the passenger side which is probably why it sounds like it's from that direction. Another thing to check would be if you have anything in your bed cubby that could be thumping around as you stop.
Sponsored