First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the brake grabbing issue. Very noticeable. Also, at the same low speed, less than 5 mph, I will hear and feel a loud clunk coming from the engine compartment. I assume these are related?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rod

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I realize I’m in the club. My question is about whether the clunk/noise are related.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have the brake grabbing issue. Very noticeable. Also, at the same low speed, less than 5 mph, I will hear and feel a loud clunk coming from the engine compartment. I assume these are related?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rod

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
I appreciate the offer but I assume I’ll be a candidate for a fix when it arrives. I’ll just wait

OP
OP
Rod

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Will do

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Turn the bake hold off with new brakes it grips to much at low speeds. Turn it off won't have that problem till they wear in then Turn it back on. Fixed it for me when off roading (gravel road) the drit causes it as well washinging them off when cold of course fixs it

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Turn the bake hold off with new brakes it grips to much at low speeds. Turn it off won't have that problem till they wear in then Turn it back on. Fixed it for me when off roading (gravel road) the drit causes it as well washinging them off when cold of course fixs it
I don't understand anything you just tried to say.

Sponsored

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't understand anything you just tried to say.
The little green hand that holds the brakes for you by the drive reverse knob.(green hand on dash when it's on white hand on the button) It's green on the dash when you stop then you have to hit the gas to go as it holds your brakes for you.

Turn it off problem goes away. When the brake pads wear in then Turn it back on if you want that feature on. It won't grab at low speeds. The pads are new and until they wear in they catch the rotor a little and do that funky feeling. Also when the brakes get dirty ie from a gravel road it can cause it as well so washing your wheels shocks and rotors after gravel roads helps.

The brake pads are too thick and need to wear in. The computer is stupid and doesn't know they're that thick so it grabs them.

You could do a brake break in which is what mechanics used to do to seat new brake pads and rotors. You basicly heat them up through a driving process but you have to be careful as you lose braking power due to.them being hot. It's a process we're you speed up and brake a fee times then faster speed something.

It's the top right hand thing when on it holds the brakes and grabs to much until the pads wear in turn it off its alot smoother

Ford Maverick Brake grab at low speed and clunk 20221121_163311

OP
OP
Rod

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the brake grab/hesitation and loud clunk at low speed issue, zero. The vehicle demonstrates the issue regardless of these settings.
Sponsored