HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any AWD owners experience a loud bang on speed bumps? The first time it happened I though maybe the tailgate fell down. From looking underneath I found that I can push the exhaust up and make it hit the drivers side control arm pivot bolt which is about 3" above said pipe. It appears to be correctly mounted via the rubbers. That's the only thing I found in the rear area that can be moved. The spare tire is secure.
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to love flying over speed bumps in my Silverado. I don't think the Maverick is that kind of truck. Perhaps slow down.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to love flying over speed bumps in my Silverado. I don't think the Maverick is that kind of truck. Perhaps slow down.
He didn't say he was going fast, so no need to assume that he just needs to slow down.

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This may or may not be related. When coming to stops or slowing down, I kept hearing a thunking. Turns out, it was the back seat flopping forward and then hitting the rear of the cabin (see video)! Could that be what you're hearing?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This may or may not be related. When coming to stops or slowing down, I kept hearing a thunking. Turns out, it was the back seat flopping forward and then hitting the rear of the cabin (see video)! Could that be what you're hearing?
Haven't seen anyone complain of this before. Possibly a defect exclusive to your truck?

Sponsored

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't seen anyone complain of this before. Possibly a defect exclusive to your truck?
Yeah, I just walked outside and looked at it more closely. The latch isn't moving no matter how hard the harness is pulled. Should be a fairly quick fix for Ford.

I just mentioned it here because the first few times I heard the noise it scared the crap out of me. Now I just find it a combination of amusing and annoying.

OP
OP
HPR

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually if I go faster it DOESNT make the sound. Thanks for the helpful input though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was getting a clunking sound from the rear end when going over bumps too. It was my ball mount bouncing in my receiver hitch. Do you have a ball mount in your receiver? Perhaps it has a lot of play, like mine.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
:unsure:
Can you please show the rest of use where he said or even implied he was flying or speeding over the bumps when it made the noise. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:unsure:
Can you please show the rest of use where he said or even implied he was flying or speeding over the bumps when it made the noise. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Can you please not comment on other comments made a MONTH ago?

Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you please not comment on other comments made a MONTH ago?
A comment was made TODAY above mine so I didn't go looking at old posts. Also, please link me to a copy of the Maverick truck-club rule-book, especially the part regarding time-frames for post comments when you get a chance. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
HPR

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi pals, it still clunks. This weekend I'm going to drop the spare and check all that. Then jack of the rear end up to make sure its not a shock issue. I do not have a hitch in my receiver.
Sponsored