First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else having bluetooth issues? Randomly as I drive my phone just disconnects itself from the car, and the only way to fix it is to hard reset the computer(turn off vehicle and open door). It also sometimes shows my phone as connected but no audio seems to come from the speakers. Same fix is required, where I Turn the car off and hard reset.

Am I the only one with this issue? Any ideas of what I can do to solve this? No, direct wire isn't an option unfortunately my charging port doesn't work as it should. I would get a new port on my phone but I plan to get a new phone in 2 months anyway.
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nope, you're not the only one. There are many threads here and the forum software probably is displaying several of them below, but if not, you can search.

Wired connection is the only effective solution. If you can't hardwire until you replace the phone, you're stuck.

The only relief I can offer is that while you're driving you can reset the infotainment system by holding power and skip forward until it reboots.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny, this very thing happened to me just this morning for the first time.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Anyone else having bluetooth issues? Randomly as I drive my phone just disconnects itself from the car, and the only way to fix it is to hard reset the computer(turn off vehicle and open door). It also sometimes shows my phone as connected but no audio seems to come from the speakers. Same fix is required, where I Turn the car off and hard reset.

Am I the only one with this issue? Any ideas of what I can do to solve this? No, direct wire isn't an option unfortunately my charging port doesn't work as it should. I would get a new port on my phone but I plan to get a new phone in 2 months anyway.
Good morning, Jake! I would be glad to help you out with these Bluetooth concerns. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

HughdMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I think everyone has these issues. It's one of the three things I hate the most and I mostly love the truck. (I hate the backup camera screen going to 50% brightness overnight) and "the finger" (the goofy Ford key). Not just Bluetooth, when I use a cable to connect my phone it disconnects every 3rd day it seems and you must wait overnight for it to reset a thing (who knows what) and then work again. Shutting the truck off for a while doesn't help until the next day). I mentioned this to a buddy with a new Nissan and he said he has the same experience.

HughdMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good morning, Jake! I would be glad to help you out with these Bluetooth concerns. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Can I get some help too please Mikecando ?

OP
OP

Jk87669

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think everyone has these issues. It's one of the three things I hate the most and I mostly love the truck. (I hate the backup camera screen going to 50% brightness overnight) and "the finger" (the goofy Ford key). Not just Bluetooth, when I use a cable to connect my phone it disconnects every 3rd day it seems and you must wait overnight for it to reset a thing (who knows what) and then work again. Shutting the truck off for a while doesn't help until the next day). I mentioned this to a buddy with a new Nissan and he said he has the same experience.
I never had an issue when I did directly connect my phone using a cord, but maybe that's a hybrid issue? I'm driving the 2.0L Eco.

You know, overall the truck has to be pretty damn good for little things like bluetooth and screen brightness to be our main gripe. Not trying to discredit your concern, just saying it could be a lot worse.

Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I almost always use the USB cable to connect my phone, though I do sometimes just go with Bluetooth. Yesterday it didn't connect though through Bluetooth. Plugged it in and all was good. The only thing that really bugs me is often when I plug in the phone, my music switches from the USB I've got my music on to AM radio. Sometimes it switches to Pandora radio which I've got on my phone, but probably more often to AM.

Gregk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023. XLT. 4K. F4X. Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep. Bluetooth sucks. Constant disconnects.

And with all due respect to the Ford representative on this forum thread they don’t do anything at all. It seems like just window dressing or pretending to help. I also contacted the MTC rep above with VIN, etc. At the end of our conversation I was told to contact my dealer for service. Lol. I could’ve done that myself. So really no help.

2seater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Reatta, Ford Ranger, Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, I have found the same thing and the timing is particularly annoying. It has done so twice in a week when using the phone maps for navigation. It seems to like to do so when it is really needed such as entering a city. Getting there on the highway is not an issue, but disconnect in traffic is, and it is really maddening. Probably could direct wire but then it wears out the lightning port and makes the wireless charge pad redundant.

samspritzer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is this a problem that has gotten worse recently? Would your phone happen to be a Samsung that got a recent update? I am asking because I have been having bluetooth issues with my hearing aids since the update last week.
Sponsored