First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have same issues as y’all do. I bought this on Amazon see pic they have it for CarPlay and android. Been using it for CarPlay for 2 weeks and no dropped calls no lock ups it’s worked perfect and is much faster.

Ford Maverick Bluetooth issues? BD9927E4-CD23-4BFE-B09F-10B53E61B27E
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jk87669

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this a problem that has gotten worse recently? Would your phone happen to be a Samsung that got a recent update? I am asking because I have been having bluetooth issues with my hearing aids since the update last week.
nope, I have an iPhone 13

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good morning, Jake! I would be glad to help you out with these Bluetooth concerns. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Please, these Ford Radio’s suck horribly. My 22 has issues EVERY SINGLE DAY.. MY DEALER MAPLECREST FORD UNION NJ says there is nothing wrong with it. Please reaad the dozens of complaints about these radio’s. I have downloaded every update, it means nothing. They are just bad, and no one, not even Ford has a replacement. All they can do is change the speakers. Changing the speakers for a radio that doesn’t work won’t help.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the Mav's Bluetooth works at all, it'll be better than the two Subarus I've owned. 🙄

OP
OP

Jk87669

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the Mav's Bluetooth works at all, it'll be better than the two Subarus I've owned. 🙄
It came out 24 years ago I’d think it would work a lot better than what it does in the maverick by now

Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, I have found the same thing and the timing is particularly annoying. It has done so twice in a week when using the phone maps for navigation. It seems to like to do so when it is really needed such as entering a city. Getting there on the highway is not an issue, but disconnect in traffic is, and it is really maddening. Probably could direct wire but then it wears out the lightning port and makes the wireless charge pad redundant.
I think I am going to get a new cable to connect the truck to my cell phone. The connection does seem to disconnect from time to time. Maybe the problem is a malfunctioning cable. Has anyone replaced your cable?

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I am going to get a new cable to connect the truck to my cell phone. The connection does seem to disconnect from time to time. Maybe the problem is a malfunctioning cable. Has anyone replaced your cable?
I was having a horrendous issue with my connection with a new cable. I would be driving somewhere, using Waze because I didn't know the way. Every few minutes, the connection dropped. Luckily, I still got there. So anyway, I bought another new one, this time not going cheap. Haven't had an issue since I replaced the cheap cable with the new one.

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FYI The Ford rep for me was great at spewing information but did nothing to follow up......i am still waiting to get issues looked at including the infotainment system.

Good morning, Jake! I would be glad to help you out with these Bluetooth concerns. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP

Jk87669

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI The Ford rep for me was great at spewing information but did nothing to follow up......i am still waiting to get issues looked at including the infotainment system.
I never responded, I don't think this is an issue that Ford would be willing to address because it seems that it affects a lot more people than just me.

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can only share my experience, it sounded great but my problems came down to What Ford wanted to help with and the dealer communicating with me.....and then Ford Customer service closed my file.........sad customer service for me......You may be treated differently

I never responded, I don't think this is an issue that Ford would be willing to address because it seems that it affects a lot more people than just me.

Sponsored

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
on android I am getting for frequently GPS signal lost

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never had an issue when I did directly connect my phone using a cord, but maybe that's a hybrid issue? I'm driving the 2.0L Eco.

You know, overall the truck has to be pretty damn good for little things like bluetooth and screen brightness to be our main gripe. Not trying to discredit your concern, just saying it could be a lot worse.
I’m ecoboost and have issues with wired connection and Bluetooth connections. I’ve reset my stereo per others instructions in other threads. It seems to improve for maybe a day at best. This stereos inability to stay connected or determine the appropriate connection is the worst feature of the truck in my opinion.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was having a horrendous issue with my connection with a new cable. I would be driving somewhere, using Waze because I didn't know the way. Every few minutes, the connection dropped. Luckily, I still got there. So anyway, I bought another new one, this time not going cheap. Haven't had an issue since I replaced the cheap cable with the new one.
Thanks for your response. Any recommendations on quality cables?

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your response. Any recommendations on quality cables?
I really don't remember which cable I got, but I know that it was a bit more expensive than the cheap one that didn't do the job. PCWorld recommends these: Cable Matters [USB-IF Certified] 40Gbps USB 4 Cable and Amazon Basics USB Type-C to USB Type-C. Just don't do what I did and buy the cheapest cable you can find and assume it will do the job.

One thing I did read, and I think it makes a lot of sense is that the cable that came with your phone should work great. The only reasons I didn't use this one are that I need it in the house and six feet is awfully long for the truck.

OP
OP

Jk87669

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back to this has anyone fixed the issue? Did they contact ford and get the Bluetooth fixed?

was driving to work, and my phone was connected via Bluetooth so I was gonna listen to my podcasts etc on the way, but it wouldn’t let me play it. It said connected but behaved as if it wasn’t. Had nothing but issues with Bluetooth connectivity and CarPlay isn’t much better, it’s always disconnecting on its own. How is it my old 2016 civic had seamless Bluetooth that didn’t skip a beat, 7 years pass and a brand new truck can’t get 2 decade old technology right?
Sponsored