Bigger lift? 4" lift kit?

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
I know it's not a typical truck, but do you see a 4 inch lift ever coming out or probably not?
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think in a year or two the aftermarket will be quite large for these pickups. I think the answer to your question is yes, but it’s going to be expensive.

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
It would indeed be expensive if feasible . It would require a bunch of driveline "dropping" and lots of custom suspension. To get an idea my Ram has 4" lift, is way more straightforward (IFS & solid rear axle) and it cost 2k parts only. By the time I had it installed, new wheels and tires I was pushing 8k.

The other problem is there is no room, regardless of lift, for large tires and that is where you get your clearance.

Someone will put this thing way up on 33s or something like that, this is a given. But it will be a lot of fabrication and probably for show and not a true off road rig.

MavMaxKC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Man, never say never but that's going to take some fabrication and beefing up. I did 2" and feel that's plenty, for me at least.

Mr.T

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
The issue is going to be the CV joints, which have already been reported to be a problem with the 2" lift. I think that it is stressed at the angle so a redesign would be required. Not sure if that is going to happen.

Sponsored

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
The issue is going to be the CV joints, which have already been reported to be a problem with the 2" lift. I think that it is stressed at the angle so a redesign would be required. Not sure if that is going to happen.
Even in my ram 2" is max without dropping the front diff. The cost goes from $200 to $2000 really fast. It's the IFS that is expensive to lift past 2" and the mav is IRS as well.

OP
OP
tebowed

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
They you fit responding, that's pretty much what I figured. Wasn't sure if there was something in the works.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The world needs more portal axles! Portals usually have 5" or more lift. All clearance. Just need portals that can take the RPMs and live a long time.

rch75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The world needs more portal axles! Portals usually have 5" or more lift. All clearance. Just need portals that can take the RPMs and live a long time.
Are their versions of “portal” axles for IFS axles? That would be a sweet way to lift, increase tire size and you could Re-gear at the same time.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Are their versions of “portal” axles for IFS axles? That would be a sweet way to lift, increase tire size and you could Re-gear at the same time.
Control arms yes, struts(our mavs) maybe?? Portal almost always are between the brakes and the knuckles. So really its a bolt on affair to almost any knuckle, providing the company making them makes them with a flange compatible with where the unit bearing and brake calipers mount. The arent great for high speed. But can that be overcome by technology and high end manufacturing once they become the norm? Imagine a bolt on that would allow 33" tires on our Mavericks. Not only do you add gearing in the portal to equalize for bigger tires but the stability of the gearing will protect the axle shafts from torsional impacts.
Sponsored

Last edited: