First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did the video not at least answer questions 1 and 2 considering he went through every step? Sounds like you've never done any suspension work before because this is very typical suspension work, there's absolutely nothing special or difficult about installing that lift although messing with spring compressors can be dangerous. If you've replaced struts/springs/shocks then the lift install is a no brainer. If you want an easier install that doesn't involve grinding down the bottom of the strut go with the 2" Rough Country strut lift because that extra .5" isn't going to make any difference and nobody is going to notice. The only thing this guy didn't cover that nobody seems to is the fact that he torqued all of the bolts down with the suspension unloaded which is a no-no and a good way to get you bad bushings in the not too distant future.

As for the other questions I can tell you that it's going to give your Maverick questionable CV angles considering the 2" strut kit does. I think that's the biggest reason Ford upgraded the half shafts on the Tremor and that's just a 1" lift. I can also tell you that it's going to reduce your gas mileage due in part to a higher coefficient of drag and also whatever bigger heavier tires you install so it doesn't look silly. One member here said they're getting about 20% lower gas mileage after installing the Rough Country 2" strut lift with slightly heavier 245/70r17 tires. Tires will be the biggest factor in that MPG loss but in a 245/70r17 tire and bigger there really aren't many lightweight AT tires out there. Since you're not changing spring rates or anything to do with struts and shocks I'm sure you can expect it to ride like stock but with a slightly higher center of gravity.
Yes Sir, those ancidotes you’re providing are what I’d like to know. Anybody install this lift and hear CV joint knock/poping at full droop? Do you get contact with the wheel wells on hard landings? Did the backspacing reduce and induce tire rub at full wheel lock?
Does it cause steering wheel feedback? How many mpg are you actually getting? What’s the change in road noise? Do you want them mud flaps now that you’re slinging it on the side of the truck? Is the ride harsher now that you have less down travel? Do pot holes and speed bumps make your teeth jar when hitting them at speed?
And heck yea I’ve had experience with the Autozone and O’Reily’s rental spring compressors trying to murder me while swapping out springs 😆
Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes Sir, those ancidotes you’re providing are what I’d like to know. Anybody install this lift and hear CV joint knock/poping at full droop? Do you get contact with the wheel wells on hard landings? Did the backspacing reduce and induce tire rub at full wheel lock?
Does it cause steering wheel feedback? How many mpg are you actually getting? What’s the change in road noise? Do you want them mud flaps now that you’re slinging it on the side of the truck? Is the ride harsher now that you have less down travel? Do pot holes and speed bumps make your teeth jar when hitting them at speed?
And heck yea I’ve had experience with the Autozone and O’Reily’s rental spring compressors trying to murder me while swapping out springs 😆
Most of those questions are dependant on tire and wheel specs, not a lift kit. As for CV joints, we've already seen one member who required a replacement after installing a lift. Both sides of my maverick have leaking boots so I don't have a lot of faith in them lasting a long time after a lift which is why I'm reconsidering even installing mine.