First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ditched the Pirelli’s (which I honestly didn’t think were all that bad) for BFG Trail Terrains. We have the amazing KO2 on our F150 and for our Mav application felt they were a bit over the top.

Our local Costco tire center had a manufacturer discount for $110 for any BFG. Well, I went to Discount Tire just because they’re awesome and also closer. Discount matched & beat Costco by $2 lol. Too cool.

these BFG’s are some of the best tires I’ve had. Currently driving around CO with tons of snow, slick icy snow packed roads like a champ in the Maverick.

sized up to 245/65/17. They are just right. I wouldn’t go any bigger honestly if you like the way the Mav was intended to look w/o lifts and stuff.

these are a perfect fit for our needs- realistically, 75+% normal pavement driving, 20% mild to Max-Maverick capable off-road use, 5% winter tires (so far seem to have great traction AND stopping ability when you need it on slick roads). My personal opinion is the Maverick simply isn’t for and can’t do the type of off-roading you’d need a K02 tire for.
I don’t notice any MPG difference but I’m driving around in 10° weather with horrible roads so my MPG hasn’t been fantastic to begin with since I’ve had these on.

Here are before/after pics

also- white letters on display for me! I’m not a fan of the shiny black rims or black rims in general - I think they’ll go out of style soon.
FYI - these white letters are outlined white letters where our K02s on F150 are solid/filled-in white letters.
Ford Maverick BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain pics & review... some of the best tires I’ve had DA988C4F-D238-4F5F-9CBE-8FE8E434CCDF

Ford Maverick BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain pics & review... some of the best tires I’ve had 148BFF55-1F5E-4EF9-87E0-C56961693EED

Ford Maverick BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain pics & review... some of the best tires I’ve had 09BCF095-3F76-421B-BCEF-EB46849AC31C

Ford Maverick BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain pics & review... some of the best tires I’ve had A9EC8E42-55F4-4A4A-82A7-7C83BBCDEDF6

Ford Maverick BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain pics & review... some of the best tires I’ve had F3E37445-D586-47E8-9F7C-C77CA48BE0E2

Ford Maverick BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain pics & review... some of the best tires I’ve had 7ABD27AA-8197-4505-8E96-F168B6DAE71F
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dturano547

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco Ranger XLT, 10 Ford Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are these similar to the KO2 in the snow in your experience? I have the KO2 on my old bronco, I love them sand, dirt, road, snow... I find people complain about some bf Goodrich in the snow, not me. They are also mostly cooper tire fans. These look great and I think I'll be doing the same when mine finally comes in.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is the road noise/overall ride feel compared to the OEM tires? I'm thinking about upgrading to those as well.

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those look awesome with those wheels and HPR. I have zero need for anykind of A/T tire but all these posts are making me rethink just going with crossclimate2's lol.

OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are these similar to the KO2 in the snow in your experience? I have the KO2 on my old bronco, I love them sand, dirt, road, snow... I find people complain about some bf Goodrich in the snow, not me. They are also mostly cooper tire fans. These look great and I think I'll be doing the same when mine finally comes in.
Oh boy, that is a tough call. Our F150 obviously entire different driving dynamic in snow. The K02’s are fantastic- when it’s in 4WD lol. The Maverick’s excellent AWD system really is stellar and combined with these tires I honestly feel more confident in the Maverick than it’s bigger brother.

OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is the road noise/overall ride feel compared to the OEM tires? I'm thinking about upgrading to those as well.
So far noise isn’t any different than Perellis in my subjective opinion. The ride fees more sure-footed, maybe due to the bigger size?- I don’t feel that small tire pull on grooves etc. if that makes sense. Also our roads have been horrid. Truly iced over and slushy, snow, snow pack. I haven’t even had an opportunity to drive on normal, dry pavement so it’s a bit difficult to say yet.

OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just checked these out look like there highly rated for the snow, you need these more than I do in southern NY.
They do have the 3peak rating. They’ve been great at traction AND stopping so far. I moved to CO from Manhattan so i know can’t entirely discount those NY winters- these are perfect every day tires too if you plan on needing a solid light to moderate off-road use tire and one be ready for the winter. This really is an all inclusive tire, I personally love it.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never seen the BFG Trail Terrains in person before, nor known anyone to have them. They look great. Love the aggressive transition tread to sidewall. These should do very well deflated down a little for extra traction.

Very handsome tire, and sophisticated AT tread. Kind of like a more aggressive Vredestein Pinza AT. Thanks for posting!

Sponsored
OP
OP
mrjspence

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never seen the Trail Terrains in person before, nor known anyone to have them. They look great. Love the aggressive transition treat to sidewall. These should do very well deflated down a little for extra traction.

Very handsome tire, and sophisticated AT tread. Kind of like a more aggressive Vredestein Pinza AT. Thanks for posting!
First time I saw them in person was on my own truck lol. Went with them after watching sever you tube reviews and being satisfied for years with said K02’s on our bigger truck.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I don’t need any off road tires but those look great. I wonder if there’s a way to get my tire letters to be white and stay white.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely like those - had my eye on them for a while now! I have same wheels and now am seriously considering white letters out too, it does give it a different character vice just solid black on black. Looks great, nicely done! Had originally thought I'd replace the Pirelli's right away....but they actually ain't bad at all (not that I'll stay with them though). Then again, don't deal with much SoCal snow. 😁

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the white letters on the tires! White letters look good on trucks and muscle cars!!

bravesfan10c

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red XLT FX4 AWD LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How was your experience with Discount Tire? I have always had good luck with them. Did they question putting on the larger tire? I have been told in the past that they would install tire larger then the original OEM tires due to liability. Also, can those be mounted with a black sidewall facing out?
Sponsored