Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Awesome - that was actually already in my Amazon "Maverick" list! Glad I chose well, and I agree, the black clamps are more subtle. Appreciate the firsthand review!
Thanks for that, picking up my Mav tonite and I want something till I get a topper
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have an Undercover Triad tri-fold. Keeps the bed pretty dry. But with any "sit on top" cover, there is a gap in the bed rails where water can get in. So I tried some foam tape that is used to seal doors/window gaps in the winter time. Seems to help keep water out. Went through a car wash and the bed stayed dry.

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options foam1

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options foam2

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options foam3

OP
OP
MaverickInMass

MaverickInMass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the Xs4 and had this very issue and you are correct it is a design flaw. I called Bak about it several times and sent pictures and they told me it is desiged that way on purpose to not damage the tailgate. Luckily I got mine from Realtruck and was able to exchange it for the Sentry CT. With the Truxedo Senty Ct it looks like they actually designed it to fit the Maverick unlike the Bak X4s which looks like they just tried to jerry rig something made for another truck onto the Maverick. Much happier now and would highly recommend the Sentry Ct.
How you still liking the Sentry so far? How has it been keeping rain out of the bed? Have you found any issues with closing the tailgate with the cover on? Thanks for feedback!

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How you still liking the Sentry so far? How has it been keeping rain out of the bed? Have you found any issues with closing the tailgate with the cover on? Thanks for feedback!
I love it and now that I've seen both covers on the truck I like the look of the Sentry CT way more than the X4s. The Sentry CT just looks cleaner its way closer to flush than I thought it would be plus its just one solid piece of material as where the X4s had the rubber seal, plastic end caps, and the vinyl. It keeps the bed 99% dry and honestly the only water that gets in is due to the design of the Mavericks bed caps in the corners by the rear window. As far as closing the tailgate it just takes a few times to get the hang of having to open the cover to close it. If I worked out of the truck and had to open my tailgate all day everyday it might affect my decision on it but I don't so its all good.

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Little late of a chime in here, just wanted to offer a little input

Unfortuantely there will never be a completely waterproof cover on the market, those who advertise that are doing so as being misleading. Even before personally working for RealTruck I had a "waterproof" cover installed on a previous truck, it still leaked

Where these issues usually comes from is either one of two things or both of these combined. The bed rail caps and the incosistant specs of the beds being built.

We, along with other brands, try to make these covers fit as snuggly as possible with minimal water intrusion. As some of you may have seen some people will say they have had minimal to no water intrusion yet with the same cover intalled other say they are getting decent water intrusion. This isnt just with the Mavericks, I see this in Tundras, Rams, Chevys, Fords, and most noteably in the Jeep Gladiators. Now while some of these issues and be pinpointed and resolved with a new cover some of these water intrussion issues arent as easy to solve. While it isnt always ideal there are ways you can help ensure you get minimal intrusion, Todd one of our Gurus and the one you will normall see doing install videos on our site has a Maverick and like some of yall had a leakage issue. Here is what he has done to help -
Sponsored