Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It causes me pain - actual, physical pain - that I can't afford a new car right now. Cyber Orange is simply STUNNING on the Maverick. By the time I'm ready to buy a Mav, Ford will probably have axed this color for lack of sales. In today's car climate, anything that's not black/white/silver/grey is chopped liver

All hail our greyscale overlords :(
Hot pepper- just saying
Sponsored

Dan_E26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus, 2018 Sonata SEL
Hot pepper- just saying
Hot pepper is also nice! I would put it at 3rd behind Cyber Orange and Velocity Blue for me. Fortunately, Velocity is a popular enough color that even if they nix Cyber Orange in a few model years, they'll still make that awesome blue

RatherBeDrivingaManual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Subaru Legacy, XLT Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Administrator did that front plate bracket get put on at the dealership or does it get put on by the factory? I would rather do this. The back plate is offset.

Ford Maverick Best Looks Yet at 2022 Maverick in Cyber Orange [Lariat FX4]. Front License Plate Holder Shown 1649353812899

If you state doesn't require one and you don't want it, tell your salesperson that you do not under any circumstances want that installed.
is it dealer installed or factory?

Last edited:

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Administrator did that front plate bracket get put on at the dealership or does it get put on by the factory? I would rather do this. The back plate is offset.

1649353812899.png

I work at a Volvo/Polestar dealer, and we have always installed them in our shop. They never come with the brackets installed.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO the cyber orange probably pairs best with a base XLT, as then you have orange accents inside. Blue + brown + orange is kind of an odd mix.
Nah, XLT with lux has the same interior with painted mirror caps and black outside door handles. In my opinion the Lariat painted handles take away that black/orange contrast.

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1649353812899.png

I believe it's dealer installed since not all states require a front plate. We made a bracket for my Scion xD in Washington that used the tow hook. Worked perfectly. I just don't want my bumper drilled.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
D
I work at a Volvo/Polestar dealer, and we have always installed them in our shop. They never come with the brackets installed.
Yea back is always installed by the dealer , I believe side front is just for promotional reason for the Ad . My mav front is centered . It doesn’t really matter to me honestly I could do without the front license plate ….

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nah, XLT with lux has the same interior with painted mirror caps and black outside door handles. In my opinion the Lariat painted handles take away that black/orange contrast.
Naranjita disagrees.

Ford Maverick Best Looks Yet at 2022 Maverick in Cyber Orange [Lariat FX4]. Front License Plate Holder Shown _nc_ohc=p0NetVOQscMAX966knb&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

Ford Maverick Best Looks Yet at 2022 Maverick in Cyber Orange [Lariat FX4]. Front License Plate Holder Shown 1073-

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Me either. I asked Mullinax Ford in Olympia WA not to install any license plate frames or dealer decals, and not to drill any of my bumpers, front or back. They honored that. I had no problems.
I'm going to do the same when I get my Maverick. I've never had dealer decals or emblems on my automobiles.

TheRef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First, those are good looking wheels. I have an XLT basic, could not order 18" wheels. So I followed other MTC members and put Bronco Sport 18" wheels on it. Mine is Cyber Orange, have had it since Nov, get compliments on the color all the time. Now, thanks to other members photos, having bumpers plus bottom side black area, painted to match Orange.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If mine comes with front plate holder can I remove it later if I want to?
I know this is a REALLY old thread, but just had to comment. For years, I have NOT had a front license plate in Texas, even though it is technically "required." There have been several legislative attempts to get that law reversed, and it always somehow dies by becoming attached to something that doesn't pass muster...

Anyway, as I said, I haven't had a front plate on my vehicle for many (like 20+) years. Then I got stopped three times in two weeks (Texas Trooper, County Sheriff, and city police) in several different jurisdictions for not having a front plate. A warning each time, but still a 5-10 minute stop by the side of the road, one of which caused me to be late for a doctor's appointment that I had to reschedule. I caved and put one on. I guess I'll have one on the Maverick as well.

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this is a REALLY old thread, but just had to comment. For years, I have NOT had a front license plate in Texas, even though it is technically "required." There have been several legislative attempts to get that law reversed, and it always somehow dies by becoming attached to something that doesn't pass muster...

Anyway, as I said, I haven't had a front plate on my vehicle for many (like 20+) years. Then I got stopped three times in two weeks (Texas Trooper, County Sheriff, and city police) in several different jurisdictions for not having a front plate. A warning each time, but still a 5-10 minute stop by the side of the road, one of which caused me to be late for a doctor's appointment that I had to reschedule. I caved and put one on. I guess I'll have one on the Maverick as well.
Hi Jim,
I had never had a vehicle without one before, but for some reason I didn't want it on this pick up. I had to on in change the order because dealership added it in, but I go it without. They are not required in my state.

(The dealer put it on the order because they put a dealership plate on them.
Sponsored