Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Feels too taxi-ish. I wanted the Hot Pepper Red but didn't trust the Ford site mockups and it felt too orange. I opted for Velocity Blue even though it's much more royal blue than what the site depicts. I feel like dark colors do this truck design a disservice and hide some of the accents/trim, and think almost all the light color options are just all wrong.
When I first started looking at the Maverick order site, I thought I would absolutely hate the Velocity Blue. Then my local dealer called to tell me they had a Maverick special order that was declined because the guy decided he needed an F-150 after all... It was configured exactly like I wanted, except it was an EcoBoost in Velocity Blue instead of a Hybrid in Cyber Orange. I went down to look at it – mostly because he promised me a test drive, and I hadn't even been able to see one in person yet...

When I saw it, I really loved the color. It was so much "livelier" in person than on the color chip. And I thought the Lariat "brown" interior looked good with the VB exterior – again much to my surprise. I even went so far as to make an offer on that truck, but the dealer had already declined an offer of $7,500 over MSRP, and eventually wound up with a couple of folks in a bidding war, so it sold for something over $12,500 above MSRP. Big ol' NOPE from me...

But seeing the Velocity Blue in person really changed my opinion. I was torn between it and Cyber Orange when I placed my order for a '23 model. But when they dropped Velocity Blue in favor of the much more "nondescript" Atlas Blue for '23, it solidified my decision to go with Cyber Orange. Walking past a Ranger in that Cyber Orange every day with my dog, I'm really happy with that decision. It does NOT get old, and I know I'll have no problem finding my truck in a crowded parking lot. (It will be the one with the crowd hanging around... LOL)

Now to exercise patience while I wait to see if one actually gets built for me... (Easier said than done, in my case...)
Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know this is a REALLY old thread, but just had to comment. For years, I have NOT had a front license plate in Texas, even though it is technically "required." There have been several legislative attempts to get that law reversed, and it always somehow dies by becoming attached to something that doesn't pass muster...

Anyway, as I said, I haven't had a front plate on my vehicle for many (like 20+) years. Then I got stopped three times in two weeks (Texas Trooper, County Sheriff, and city police) in several different jurisdictions for not having a front plate. A warning each time, but still a 5-10 minute stop by the side of the road, one of which caused me to be late for a doctor's appointment that I had to reschedule. I caved and put one on. I guess I'll have one on the Maverick as well.
Did you put your front plate on the dash to display through the windshield or no front plate at all?

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Cyber Orange does look more yellow than orange, but the shifting metallic quality of the paint looks sharp. I like the more "yellow" look than orange. My order is for the HPR with the same shifting metallic quality though; for now ;)

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Administrator did that front plate bracket get put on at the dealership or does it get put on by the factory? I would rather do this. The back plate is offset.

1649353812899.png

is it dealer installed or factory?
I have my own somewhat OCD issues too, but this doesn't bother me. My coupe has the rear plate centered and the front plate offset to the right ;)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did you put your front plate on the dash to display through the windshield or no front plate at all?
Third time I got stopped I had it in the front windshield. There was no bracket on the front bumper to mount it on. The Highway Patrol guy didn't buy my argument – told me to go to the Toyota dealer (Prius C) and they would give me one and probably mount it for me. And they did. No biggie. Not like it ruined the sexy look of my Prius, right? LOL

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great looking vehicle there. Too bad I'm getting mine for the economy, so no leather for me.
It’s not real leather though it still looks nice. Mine has BAP, so the interior is Black Onyx cloth. I still put seat covers on the front seats to protect them.
Sponsored