2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Every truck must be different. When I put mine in eco mode my gas milage sucks, all the way into the mid 30s, but under normal I'm getting 42.9 over the first 9300 miles. I haven't tried slippery, deciding to be happy with normal.
According to your profile, you have an ecoboost. This thread is discussing Hybrid trucks.
Sponsored

deputylynch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 waiting on 24 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
COOL. Thanks!

I thought it had to be done in FORScan, which I haven't been able to get working on my Linux laptop for some reason.

And the F-150 settings also work in the Maverick?
Yes follow the directions and it works perfectly fine. Mine is set at 940 right now.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes follow the directions and it works perfectly fine. Mine is set at 940 right now.
When the directions say to hold down OK button on the Left side of the wheel, does it mean the Right side? I don't have an OK button on the Left side.

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought I would just share the mileages I got during the 6 months and 3000 odd miles I had my 2023 Lariat:
In temperatures under 95Ā° I got 43 to 45 MPG with the AC blowing cold almost immediately, when temps got into the 110-120Ā° range milage dropped to 33 MPG and it took a couple of miles before the AC was blowing cold although it was cool enough to be able to dispense with the oven glove within the first mile. It seems that the Mav optimized cooling the battery to prevent damage.
On our regular 400 mile RT from NW Arizona to Hesperia CA I would get about 33 MPG on the way out, not bad for a truck being driven at 80 to 90 MPH. On the return trip I usually got about 44 MPG keeping it below 80, also more downhill and a lighter fuel load.
Actually saw a milage reading of 130 MPG on a short 8 mile trip ā€“ stuck behind a truckload of onions, seemed to be hitting every red light. Using the ā€˜Lā€™ button to slow down then accelerating very slowly. Bit of a freak but shows what is possible.

orclean911

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

im getting 50.5 MPG i drive my truck around town at 40-50 mph , Not BAD . if i get on the highway i get 47,3 MPG

Sponsored

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had a great commute home.
Hit a lot of green lights.
Traffic was slow but moving.
Used GPS for elevation. While they can drift, probably not much drift in 30 minute interval

My drive home is slightly uphill.
About 70 feet elevation gain in 11 miles.
Jives pretty well with my gut feeling.

Uphill is in afternoon: with warmer temps and slightly warmer engine and slightly down hill in the colder mornings.

Trip home felt great. One of the best.
This is within half a percent of a actual.
I have my fuel economy bias 5% lower than factory setting: 950/1000.

Ford Maverick Best Fuel economy on a hybrid IMG_9982

Colder AM commutes, while net downhill are about 52-54 MPG.

Cold = 42-52 Ā°F
Warm = 60 - 75 Ā°F

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided
Gas prices creeping up fast. 4.19 here to fill up. Guess this back road work truck is making the purchase worth it.
Ford Maverick Best Fuel economy on a hybrid 1000004228

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Next Sat., I'll be traveling though 8 states from VA to VT on a single tank, 440 miles. Then onto NH and Maine to make it 10 states. Total over 1600 miles for a 9 day trip. I'm gonna get about 34 mpg. Pretty darn good.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Next Sat., I'll be traveling though 8 states from VA to VT on a single tank, 440 miles. Then onto NH and Maine to make it 10 states. Total over 1600 miles for a 9 day trip. I'm gonna get about 34 mpg. Pretty darn good.
The granddaddy of them all, my 2000 Honda Insight could have gone Canada to Mexico on a single tankful if done at about 45 MPH. And the tank was small because the car was small.

1 liter 3 cylinder Honda

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thereā€™s too many variables!!! I drive 3 mile trips around town and average 42 now that the mornings havenā€™t been very cold (40-50). Near freezing temps I got low 30s. Freeways an avg 35ish but if I drive during slow rush hour traffic I get like 50+!! Iā€™ve had it a year, and played with different scenarios.

Raggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
15 months in New England with the hybrid:

1000006013.jpg
Any tips or tricks on this? I mean I guess living in New England can be kind of like living in Virginia lol, But that average is amazing. Spill the beans! I am just about at 1500 miles, averaging about 35 or so, trying to change my driving habits to get it up. Main issue I think is my commutes are very short, car doesn't seem to have time to charge up before I turn it back off :(

BostonMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any tips or tricks on this? I mean I guess living in New England can be kind of like living in Virginia lol, But that average is amazing. Spill the beans! I am just about at 1500 miles, averaging about 35 or so, trying to change my driving habits to get it up. Main issue I think is my commutes are very short, car doesn't seem to have time to charge up before I turn it back off :(
I always start the engine and allow it 5-10 minutes to warm up before leaving. My daily commute is all local winding back roads with a few hills. Speed is between 25 and 40 mph. I rarely have the climate on unless the outside temperature is under 35 or over 80. I find the heated seats and steering wheel provide enough comfort most of the winter here. I accelerate with the flow of traffic until about 5 mph over the posted limit. Once at speed I let off the throttle until I'm back on the battery and lightly add throttle to maintain speed until the battery is drained. Rinse and repeat as the engine comes back on. Stopping is slow and gentle to max the regen. How you accelerate and brake along with your average speed are biggest factors with the hybrid. The hybrid is great but please don't hypermile and impede traffic just to save $0.001. I stick to back roads for a reason. Less traffic and better fuel efficiency.
Sponsored