Sponsored

Being Shipped - how long will that take?

Rmacdoug

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying my first Ford truck
Engine
Undecided
Just got a text from Ford....my Blue Maverick XL AWD that was ordered 06 Sep 2023, manufactured 06 Feb 2024, has been "shipped as of 10 Feb".
so far so good. The dealer / salesman was unable to give me even a HINT as to how long "shipping" takes.... we are talking from Hermosillo MMEX to New Jersey....
is it...days...weeks...months.....see ya in 2025?
Anyone?
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your dealer didn't say because they do not know. It's also out of their & Ford's hands. It's a question of how long it will take to get to an area railyard, then how long it will take before it's picked up by an independent tractor-trailer car hauler and delivered to your dealer.

Mine took from Aug. 23, 2023 date of shipment, until October 2 for pickup by me at my dealer. It sat in a railyard waiting on a semi for over 3 weeks.

Expect a time frame of anywhere from maybe 2 to 6 weeks (maybe longer) before you get yours. There's nothing you can really do now, except wait. Your salesperson will contact you when you can come get it.

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got a text from Ford....my Blue Maverick XL AWD that was ordered 06 Sep 2023, manufactured 06 Feb 2024, has been "shipped as of 10 Feb".
so far so good. The dealer / salesman was unable to give me even a HINT as to how long "shipping" takes.... we are talking from Hermosillo MMEX to New Jersey....
Anyone?
You are a head of the game. All you are waiting on now is shipping, congrats. Keep us posted and don't forget to attach pictures.

AleeR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My initial estimate was between Feb 18 - Mar 3rd, and then it randomly got bumped up a week to Feb 11 - Fed 24. After it shipped out, it updated again to Feb 13 - Feb 24. I was fully expecting to be waiting to the latter end or later (I'm in PA, so that's a cross country trip). Got a call from the dealer on the 14th that it was in, so overall probably took 2 weeks to deliver.

I think it's a total crapshoot, but that was the one piece of good news I had in almost 2 years of waiting, so I'll take it.

Sponsored

GAVIN EDWARDS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
GAVIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My build date was 23 rd dec 2023 and delivery date was Jan 27 th to Pittsburgh PA I think shipping was around 3 weeks

Reactions: MJM

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone?
Took me a month this was in Oct 22. 2 weeks to get to Newark another 2 weeks to get it to the dealer. You can track the train. But once it gets to the pickup yard you loose visibility. Other posts here show you how to do this.

spazticon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord Hybrid, 2022 Kia EV6
Engine
Undecided
Mine shipped 2/7. It is currently between train cars at a rail yard near Chicago according to the report my dealer (Chapman Philadelphia) was able to pull yesterday. Below is what he sent me. It's been sitting there for 4 days now. I'm assuming it will get onto another car to get to Aston PA at some point, or it's taking the scenic highway route.

Ford Maverick Being Shipped - how long will that take? Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 10.33.41 AM

Spiked punch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone?
[

Spiked punch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't get too excited, pump the breaks , i literally just went through all this. The dealership doesn't know till they get the word that its there at their dealership. December i was told my truck was on the way, at or around the 25th, it wasn't, your looking at 6-8 weeks , i finally got my Maverick February 1st. Just go about your day as normal, but check fords website with your vin # which you should have buy now

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone?
I had one that took 8 days and I've been waiting over a month now for one. To Chicagoland. Depends on too many things to call it precisely.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anyone?
My FX4 took 3.5 weeks to long island but they have been having trucker shortages best guess 4/6 weeks. Than 2/3 days to pdi. Good luck.

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was shipped Feb. 2, arrived in town Feb. 9 still waiting to be delivered to dealer on Feb. 21.
Sponsored